Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ip Camera

Options
  • 09-02-2013 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Just a quick question. Car gets broken into from time to time, no windows smashed just when the door gets left unlocked(I know, I know), change and cds get robbed. So looking for a cheap way to keep an eye on it. I was thinking maybe an ip camera. Can somebody please advise on the requirements that would be needed, good suppliers etc. Have a spare desktop, wireless network, 30mb broadband.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

have two of them myself nothing special in fairness does the job though and can view them from anywhere in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Cheapest way to stop this from happening is to lock your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

have two of them myself nothing special in fairness does the job though and can view them from anywhere in the world

So whats the story, just link it to your home network and you can access it and record?

Cheapest way to stop this from happening is to lock your car.

I lock my car maybe 360 nignts of the year, they catch me probably two of the five I leave it open so I reckon they are going around pretty regularly. You just forget sometimes, rushing in from the rain with kids and stuff in your hands.

Devi wrote: »
    So whats the story, just link it to your home network and you can access it and record?

yep basically thats it, takes about 15 mins to set up.
    records to computer all the time or you can set it for motion detection... if someone is getting into your car you would see them just probably not clear enough to make out theur face...

can also view them through your fone if you download an ip camera app.

• Advertisement

yep basically thats it, takes about 15 mins to set up.
    records to computer all the time or you can set it for motion detection... if someone is getting into your car you would see them just probably not clear enough to make out theur face...

can also view them through your fone if you download an ip camera app.

Cool, I was thinking just sticking it on the window ledge looking out onto the garden, is that possible or would I have to get an outside one?

I have an idea whos doing it so wouldnt really need to see face, I wouldnt be bringing it to the guards.

if you use it indoors looking out into the garden at night you would need to cover the led lights on it to stop the led's reflecting off the glass

if you use it indoors looking out into the garden at night you would need to cover the led lights on it to stop the led's reflecting off the glass
    I was thinking there might be reflection alright, I'm renting the house so didn't want to fix anything to the outside.

there not meant for outdoor use the ones i have i pm'd you a link to give you an idea of what mine are like

Advertisement