Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Newcastle SS2

• 09-02-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭

THFC: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Caulker, Naughton, Dembele, Parker, Lennon, Holtby, Dempsey, Bale.

NUFC: Krul, Debuchy, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Perch, Gutierrez, Sissoko, Marveaux, Cisse

Looking forward to seeing Holty play. And everyones favourite is commentating.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Bale scores a fine free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Super strike. Straight as a die, up and down. Couldn't have hit it any better really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Good man, Perch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Useless from the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Perch and Krul made it pretty easy for him in fairness.

• Advertisement

Where To wrote: »
    Perch and Krul made it pretty easy for him in fairness.
    Yea Perch could have done a lot better on second viewing, wouldn't put too much blame on Krul. It dipped down at a fierce pace.

Was going to have a sneaky bet on Newcastle, glad I didn't, Spurs look well up for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Just got in I have a bet no more than 8 corners.
    Have i missed any?

Have i missed any?
    1 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yes!!

Another great strike. The two French lads link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

LOVE IT!

• Advertisement

Wicked deflection, great move, Newcastle right back in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Is it just me or does Martin Tyler ever shut up about foreign players?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Why must they let McMananman speak, christ, what a horribly grating voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I see Alain Depardew is now all the rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Have i missed any?

7 after 42 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

In fairness to perch, seems the instruction was not to jump.
    Was the wrong decision but he really did stay strong, didn't even flinch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Spurs just can't get that final pass right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Spurs dominating but they look a little poor up top.

Bale 2-1

Clownish defending by newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Messi, Ronaldo, could Bale be about to join them! I don't like him, never rated him(or more like wanted him to be ****) but seriously! What's his price tag. How much would he cost? I'm gonna say minimum 40 million.

Krul having a fairly poor game, usually solid enough.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Krul having a fairly poor game, usually solid enough.

Never understood what people saw in him, "solid" is the best I've seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Messi, Ronaldo, could Bale be about to join them! I don't like him, never rated him(or more like wanted him to be ****) but seriously! What's his price tag. How much would he cost? I'm gonna say minimum 40 million.

He's valued at around 37 million...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Bales gotta be top 5 in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

He's valued at around 37 million...

37.2 Mirrion to be exact :pac:

Would love him at United as a replacement for Giggs

Buttonftw wrote: »

He'd be easily top 5 in the league for me although the standard isn't exactly of the highest quality these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Your joking :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Ibra, Falcao, RvP etc. say different

He's gonna have to sustain this form for a lot longer to be mentioned in the same breath as the above.

• Advertisement

That Sisoko lad is terrible how did he do it against chelsea?

Same tbh, I think it just became a thing with him. Suppose he was starting/starts for Netherlands, and because he was ahead of Steklenburg(sp?) people were rating him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

yeah you're probably right

Too one-footed.

How'd he miss!!

So happy for AVB! Dunno why but I just want him to be successful. Never even liked Spurs that much, especially disliked under HR but I'd be rooting for them now every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Some people really need to cop themselves on when talking about Bale.

Yes, he's in great form and is a young player improving all the time, and he is currently one of the best in the league on this form. But talk of him being one of the top players in the world, or being up there with Ronaldo or Messi is absolute nonsense, he's a long way to go before he reaches that standard. That's not a bad reflection on Bale though, those two are up there with the best that have played the game.

Another big game from Bale today though, can't see Spurs hanging onto him for too long at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Cisse and Coloccini are completely holding back this team,both need to be dropped.Losing to Gouffran to the injury was the turning point,we lost all impetus after that,never looked a threat after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I thought colo did alright. Although he did give away the free and should have been quicker to the ball for the second!
    Cisse is really off form, seems to always be in the wrong position or is too slow to react.

Tiote was terrible when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cisse was totally isolated upfront, he had no support. Losing Gouffran was a big loss. No complaints about the result, we didn't work their keeper enough and Spurs deserved to win without being particularly great themselves.

Listening to Niall Quinn is excruciating. I think i'll mute the TV when he's on in future.

Beekay wrote: »
    I thought colo did alright. Although he did give away the free and should have been quicker to the ball for the second!
    Cisse is really off form, seems to always be in the wrong position or is too slow to react.

Tiote was terrible when he came on.
    Colo was absolute garbage today,gets turned far too easily by Dempsey for the foul and makes no effort to get back for Bale's second while Taylor killed himself to get back,it's obvious his head isn't in the right place,personally he should be stripped of the captaincy,he's proven not to be a good leader over the past few months.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Cisse was totally isolated upfront, he had no support. Losing Gouffran was a big loss. No complaints about the result, we didn't work their keeper enough and Spurs deserved to win without being particularly great themselves.

Listening to Niall Quinn is excruciating. I think i'll mute the TV when he's on in future.
    Yes true but his hold up play/touch/passing was rubbish today,it's getting to the stage where we need to rely on our midfielders to score our goals and if they don't perform,we shouldn't even bother turning up.Cisse really is due a good performance for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

For god sake man, take an interest in football outside of England and stop listening to the media!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

shrewdness wrote: »
    Some people really need to cop themselves on when talking about Bale.

Yes, he's in great form and is a young player improving all the time, and he is currently one of the best in the league on this form. But talk of him being one of the top players in the world, or being up there with Ronaldo or Messi is absolute nonsense, he's a long way to go before he reaches that standard. That's not a bad reflection on Bale though, those two are up there with the best that have played the game.

Another big game from Bale today though, can't see Spurs hanging onto him for too long at this rate.

I nearly fell out of my chair earlier when the presenter asked if Gareth Bale was the best player in the world at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Big Knox wrote: »
    For god sake man, take an interest in football outside of England and stop listening to the media!

If Bale goes to Barcelona/Madrid/United/Bayern at the end of this season, would you then agree? His quality is obvious, haters be hating because he's at Spurs and not one of the top five clubs in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

There's no hating involved just realists, he isn't anywhere near the top 5 of players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I am not into all this top whatever in the world, all I know is every other team in the Premier League would want him in their starting eleven and as a Spurs fan it is a privilege to watch him week in week out.

Advertisement