Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subsonic 12g cartridges

Options
  • 09-02-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

anyone know if its possible to get or import subsonic 12 gauge cartridges in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Yes i used to buy them for the missus they sell them in courtlough they are made by eley and are called hushpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Lakelands in outside Mullingar used to stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maxusman

Quite a few places stock the low noise shells or will get them. Down my way KK/Tipp area there are a few places selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

juice1304 wrote: »
    Yes i used to buy them for the missus they sell them in courtlough they are made by eley and are called hushpower.

Are they any good with a standard gun or do you need a 'hushpower' modified shotgun ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maxusman

Low noise shells are only slightly quieter thru a regular gun.I had the good fortune to be able to try a hushpower.the effect wasamazing.no ear plugs neede but the can on the end of the barrell was rather large but not impossible. Ipresume its very hard to get a licence for a moderated shotgun so i dont think il bother buying one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

maxusman wrote: »
    Low noise shells are only slightly quieter thru a regular gun.I had the good fortune to be able to try a hushpower.the effect wasamazing.no ear plugs neede but the can on the end of the barrell was rather large but not impossible. Ipresume its very hard to get a licence for a moderated shotgun so i dont think il bother buying one.

;) I'm a bit out of touch but I understand that you can only modify a single barrel gun ie pump or semi- auto. ? What happens to the choke ?!

I would imagine nothing would happen to the choke. It is not like a normal can it is more like an expansion chamber over a ported barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

What would be the price on them for 25-250

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mossberg500

thanks for the info on subsonic cartridges any gun shops i have tried only sell low noise ones for clays was looking for game ones in number 6 or bigger as i do a lot of shooting rabbits around fields with horses in them i have moderated shotgun so to get most out of it would need proper subsonic ammo i do know that they sell them in england but just wondered was it possible to import them through a gun dealer to ireland

i do know that they sell them in england but just wondered was it possible to import them through a gun dealer to ireland
    Yes it would be possible to do that you just need to find a dealer willing to do it for you. Your other option is to have the dealer in england ship them to a dealer in the north and then you could apply for an import licence yourself. To go and collect them you would need a european firearms pass which you can get from your local station/district office free of charge and you would also need a visitors pass from the psni which would last for a year. It would take a couple of weeks to get it all sorted but atleast you could have them then. What is the shotgun like with normal cartridges? Did you find it hard getting authorization for it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement