Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Connolly April 16-18th

Options
  • 09-02-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭

The Big Yin will be at the Grand Canal Theatre, also known by some other horrendously stupid sponsored name, on April 16,17.& 18th.

Tickets on sale Fri Feb 15th

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

He's playing the Cork Opera House too, not sure if he's playing anywhere else. Great to see him back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any idea on ticket prices yet? Would love to see him live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Billy Connolly - THE MAN LIVE - IRELAND TOUR

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 15TH FEBRUARY AT 9AM

Here's the dates.

Fri 5th April - Belfast - Waterfront Hall
    Sun 7th April - Belfast - Waterfront Hall
    Tues 9th April - Dublin - Gaiety Theatre
    Wed 10th April - Dublin - Gaiety Theatre
    Thurs 11th April - Dublin - Gaiety Theatre
    Fri 12th April - Dublin - Gaiety Theatre
    Sat 13th April - Dublin - Gaiety Theatre
    Tues 16th April - Dublin - Bord Gais Energy Theatre
    Wed 17th April - Dublin - Bord Gais Energy Theatre
    Thurs 18th April - Dublin - Bord Gais Energy Theatre
    Sat 20th April - Belfast - Waterfront Hall
    Sun 21st April - Belfast - Waterfront Hall
    Tues 23rd April - Derry - Millennium Forum
    Wed 24th April - Derry - Millennium Forum
    Mon 29th April - Galway - Leisureland
    Tues 30th April - Castlebar - Theatre Royal
    Thurs 2nd May - Killarney - I.N.E.C
    Fri 3rd May - Cork - Cork Opera House
    Sun 5th May - Cork - Cork Opera House
    Mon 6th May - Limerick - University Concert Hall
    Tues 7th May - Limerick - University Concert Hall

Prices for the Cork dates are €50/€55 so I'd assume all the rest would be similarly priced bar Belfast and Derry which will be in pounds of course. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Wow didn't realise he was doing such a big tour, I thought it was only a few dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

is he still funny?

I saw him on the late late show and he looked fairly Jaded. although who'd blame him when you have to talk to pat kenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Bowlardo wrote: »
    is he still funny?

I saw him on the late late show and he looked fairly Jaded. although who'd blame him when you have to talk to pat kenny

Shouldn't that be Ryan Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Shouldn't that be Ryan Tubridy.

If he was on 2 weeks ago then it was Kenny, Tub's old man died so had some time off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

scudzilla wrote: »
    If he was on 2 weeks ago then it was Kenny, Tub's old man died so had some time off

But he wasn't on two weeks ago, he was on 14/12/12.
    I remember watching him on with Tubs and I too thought Billy was on his last legs, the following week he was on Graham Norton, and he was back on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Any idea how many tickets can be bought at once for these shows? Will be looking to get 6 together. Can't find any details on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

But he wasn't on two weeks ago, he was on 14/12/12.
    I remember watching him on with Tubs and I too thought Billy was on his last legs, the following week he was on Graham Norton, and he was back on form.
    Hmmm...not sure about that.
    Whilst he was better than he was on Tubs's show, he still looked a wee bit spaced out.
    Same with the Baftas on Sunday night, Billy looks a little bit bewildered these days.
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Hmmm...not sure about that.
    Whilst he was better than he was on Tubs's show, he still looked a wee bit spaced out.
    Same with the Baftas on Sunday night, Billy looks a little bit bewildered these days.
    :confused:
    I noticed that too, i hope Im wrong but the last couple of times i saw him he really looked his age.. Time waits for no man i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

GerB40 wrote: »
    I noticed that too, i hope Im wrong but the last couple of times i saw him he really looked his age.. Time waits for no man i suppose.
    Sure doesn't, but a 21 date tour of Ireland is a big ask for a stand-up if he's not on his game....
    I really hope for Billy's sake that he's energetic, lively and FUNNY!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

GerB40 wrote: »

He has given up the booze too - probably makes him less funny! Will try for tickets but I never seem to be able to get any for his shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

just got 3 tickets for the Grand Canal theatre. Pre-sale is open for Bord Gais Energy Reward members.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Dovies wrote: »
    He has given up the booze too - probably makes him less funny! Will try for tickets but I never seem to be able to get any for his shows!

He's been off the booze a long, long time - 20 or 30 years, I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw his most recent live dvd and was very disappointed. Dragging out jokes to death, then telling a good few old jokes I had heard before, not his jokes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Saw him last night, life long dream fulfilled...laugh my ass off...f*cking legend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Saw him last night, life long dream fulfilled...laugh my ass off...f*cking legend
    Im delighted to hear that. He is by far the best stand up I've ever seen and to hear he might have been losing it was heart breaking. Looks like i needn't have worried..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Cant wait until Saturday, been far too long since I've been in the same room as the funniest man to walk the planet. He literally made me split stitches laughing when I was in hospital as a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I was there too! Great night, I was in stitches for the last 15/20 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Going to see him in the Grand Canal Theatre next week, first time seeing him in well over 20 years. Great to hear he's in good form...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Frank T.J. Mackey

Anybody know if there is a support act tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Anybody know if there is a support act tonight?
    i saw him last week and it was 8pm start 10 finish no break no support. So empty the bladder early

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Frank T.J. Mackey

i saw him last week and it was 8pm start 10 finish no break no support. So empty the bladder early

Thanks very much for the quick reply Ash! That's a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Parker Brown

He was excellent last week. Great value for money considering how long he goes on for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Has anyone had any luck getting last minute returned tickets on Ticketmaster?

Usually they release a few on the day but I haven't seen any at all this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

We're just back from his gig, he was brilliant, such an interesting man to listen to even if he wasn't trying to make you laugh!

Great night and knackered from giggling:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Saw him tonight as well, not as manic as he was when he was younger, but still very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i saw him tuesday night at UL

and to be honest i was disappointed..........90% of the gags/stories i heard before from his dvds & videos and he looked tired and jaded a shadow of his former self

• Advertisement
Advertisement