Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

OH-LBS in Shannon undergoing a C check.
    EI-LBR receiving either a cabin mod or pain I job now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I would expect to see some training flights using the B757s over the next week or so. Look for 4 digit EI flight numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭calibratedtool

Tenger wrote: »
    I would expect to see some training flights using the B757s over the next week or so. Look for 4 digit EI flight numbers.

At most, 2 positioning flights for paint then a service proving flight.

No training flights needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Pilots are coming from Air Contractors AFAIK so no training flights

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I thought EI reached some deal with their own pilots about operations but through a third party !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Pilots are coming mainly from EI, training being done already training on freighters.

Pilots are coming mainly from EI, training being done already training on freighters.

Majority are ACL/DHK crews although some of the ACL crew were on the A300 and are ex EI.

Majority are ACL/DHK crews although some of the ACL crew were on the A300 and are ex EI.

Most of the commands are current EI released out on special leave of absence to ACL. No interest among EI F/O's for the contract. A few Ex EI retirees in the mix also.

Most of the commands are current EI released out on special leave of absence to ACL. No interest among EI F/O's for the contract. A few Ex EI retirees in the mix also.

Majority of commands are ACL/DHK.

'The retirees' have already been ACL employees for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

No interest among EI F/O's for the contract.

I wouldn't say no interest, more like very little interest. In fairness it wasn't a particularly great contract unless you really wanted to fly the Atlantic.

• Advertisement

Growler!!! wrote: »
    I wouldn't say no interest, more like very little interest. In fairness it wasn't a particularly great contract unless you really wanted to fly the Atlantic.

I wasn't aware of any EI F/Os that had taken the contract. It wasn't very tempting as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

I think some "relatively" new joiners jumped at it in the RHS but a handful at most. Probably little if any gain on the finanical side and the positives are Atlantic experience, lifestyle change, another type on your licence and if you are planning on jumping elsewhere then its a short CCQ to a 777 or other big Boeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭zone 1

have they come out of the hanger after there spray job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Expect to see a 757 doing circles around East Midlands today. A number of the pilots headed over there last night for training over the next few days
    zone 1 wrote: »
    have they come out of the hanger after there spray job.

The cabin has been kitted out , apparently the paint job was cancelled by Aer Lingus and now they're struggling to get another slot for it. The 757 may go into service later than expected so they'll have to continue with the 330 in the short term until the paint job is done

EDIT: and training has started! http://www.flightradar24.com/BCS51T

BCS52T doing circuits of EMA as of 1400 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bo91

Anyone know how long virgin have aer lingus 4 a320s ?

Bo91 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long virgin have aer lingus 4 a320s ?

Little Red contract is for 3 years I think.
    Can't 100% remember the info given by info in their last financial report.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Think its two years with the option to extend it for a further year

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Friend of mine on the DHL fleet is crewing one of the Shannon routes I believe!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Friend of mine on the DHL fleet is crewing one of the Shannon routes I believe!

I'm not sure I understand your post.

Does he fly the 757 for DHL and has now taken a secondment to operate for ACL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Has been flying the 757 for DHL a few years now. All he told me was hes starting on one of the Aer Lingus routes next month. Didn't go into detail!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Looks like well get to see the 752 a week earlier than planned. On my phone so not sure if this link works.

http://irishaviationresearchinstitute.blogspot.ie/2014/01/aer-lingus-brings-forward-dublin-to.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

lord lucan wrote: »
    Looks like well get to see the 752 a week earlier than planned. On my phone so not sure if this link works.

http://irishaviationresearchinstitute.blogspot.ie/2014/01/aer-lingus-brings-forward-dublin-to.html?m=1

It'll be operating SNN->US well before then anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

MYOB wrote: »
    It'll be operating SNN->US well before then anyway.

Oops,should've specified in DUB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

Any signs of one of the 757's leaving the paint hanger yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Any signs of one of the 757's leaving the paint hanger yet?

I don't believe they've gone in yet!

Aer Lingus trying to get another paint slot was the last I heard

I read else where online that monday the 27th is going to be the painting date!

EILBR will fly the end of next week.

Just looking at EI.com. They are currently showing SNN-BOS starting Feb 2nd (Sunday week). SNN-JFK showing start on March 30th.
    Dublin to Toronto starting April 14th....I'm not sure if that takes into account the announcement las tweek that they were moving it forward.

• Advertisement

Just looking at EI.com. They are currently showing SNN-BOS starting Feb 2nd (Sunday week). SNN-JFK showing start on March 30th.
    Dublin to Toronto starting April 14th....I'm not sure if that takes into account the announcement las tweek that they were moving it forward.
    Is everyone at EI trained and ready to go on the 757? Is it just the aircraft they are waiting for?

Advertisement