Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭calibratedtool

Locker10a wrote: »
    Is everyone at EI trained and ready to go on the 757? Is it just the aircraft they are waiting for?

Cabin crew will be line checked on the first flight and ground staff will do some training then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Cabin crew will be line checked on the first flight and ground staff will do some training then too.

Captains and F/Os flying boxes around Europe with DHL for the next couple of weeks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Will they not need to be trained before the aircraft goes into operation scene as its a totally new type for EI surly they won't expect them to turn up on the day and wing it! I hope ei have better planning than that!! I know they haven't in the past

flanzer wrote: »
    Captains and F/Os flying boxes around Europe with DHL for the next couple of weeks

A number have already been line checked and are ready to go. The question was about EI staff though.

Will they not need to be trained before the aircraft goes into operation scene as its a totally new type for EI surly they won't expect them to turn up on the day and wing it! I hope ei have better planning than that!! I know they haven't in the past

They have the course done and will have some fam training done too

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

another 8 years

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

another 8 years

Que?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Its ASL not EI. Its the formers AOC and as far as I am aware they have significant Boeing experience. The EI pilots are on secondment to ASL so will be trained to standard according to the ASL Ops Manual as agreed with the IAA. If you read the earlier threads then you will see that there has been a significant level of training including type ratings, sim sessions, base training and now line training followed by a line check. What more do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

I think locker is referring to the cabin crew not flight deck. Cabin crew training can be done in EI's own cabin mock ups. Then a short famil course with the aircraft in Shannon.

basill wrote: »
    Its ASL not EI. Its the formers AOC and as far as I am aware they have significant Boeing experience. The EI pilots are on secondment to ASL so will be trained to standard according to the ASL Ops Manual as agreed with the IAA. If you read the earlier threads then you will see that there has been a significant level of training including type ratings, sim sessions, base training and now line training followed by a line check. What more do you want?

Ehh my question was specifically about EI staff i.e. cabin crew and ground staff nothing to do with air contractors. The onboard and ground staff are EI employees and nothing to do with anyone else they will be working with/ on the 757s and all I was asking was are the delays all due only to air contractors or are EI behind in their preparations as well due to the dispute etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

When are they actually launching these 757's?

Ehh my question was specifically about EI staff i.e. cabin crew and ground staff nothing to do with air contractors. The onboard and ground staff are EI employees and nothing to do with anyone else they will be working with/ on the 757s and all I was asking was are the delays all due only to air contractors or are EI behind in their preparations as well due to the dispute etc.

No delay due to Air Contractors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

No delays caused by EI staff. EI are working away on training the cabin crew . Afterall the 3 aircraft are being introduced in a staggered fashion. Feb 2nd, mid March, April 1st.

owenc wrote: »
    When are they actually launching these 757's?

The end of next week hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

First 757 is in the paint shop and hopefully out on Friday... Only a partial scheme with aer lingus titles on engines and tail with main body staying white....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭bikeman1

westdub wrote: »
    First 757 is in the paint shop and hopefully out on Friday... Only a partial scheme with aer lingus titles on engines and tail with main body staying white....

Ah thats a shame, I would love to have seen a 757 in the full green Aer Lingus livery.

I presume it will be something like EI-FCC which was around last summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

bikeman1 wrote: »
    Ah thats a shame, I would love to have seen a 757 in the full green Aer Lingus livery.

I suspect the other 2 757's will recieve full livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Most likely painting the tail because it's cheaper as they don't have to buy more tins for the body. Does 757 has winglets? If so, I'd imagine they wouldn't do that either

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Cheaper surely. What sort of costs would Aerlingus be looking at to paint the 757 fully?

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Cheaper surely. What sort of costs would Aerlingus be looking at to paint the 757 fully?

I'm open to correction here but I think it's in tens of thousands. Maybe a hundred large?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I'm open to correction here but I think it's in tens of thousands. Maybe a hundred large?

Usually depends on the paint job, most narrow bodies and between €40,000 to €70,000. It can be a strip and paint or a scuff and paint, strip being the most expensive and scuff being cheaper

billie1b wrote: »
    Usually depends on the paint job, most narrow bodies and between €40,000 to €70,000. It can be a strip and paint or a scuff and paint, strip being the most expensive and scuff being cheaper

What's the difference between scruff and strip?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Weight, as far as I know. Stripping the paint back to the alu means the new paintjob doesn't add weight, damaging the surface of the old paint so new paint keys to it does add weight. Its a noticeable enough amount too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    What's the difference between scruff and strip?

Strip is back down to the original green shell of the aircraft and a total brand new paint job, scuff is like sanding down the outside layer and re-painting over the existing paintwork, it adds more weight to the a/c too cause of the extra paint.

Only reason it's not a full paint is time (or lack of).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Don't want to strip too much paint off. Don't want to find any corrosion ;-)

bikeman1 wrote: »

I'd imagine it will be something very similar to EI-FCC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Not ideal to launch this white tail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

• Advertisement

donvito99 wrote: »

It won't be white tail.

Advertisement