Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Tenger wrote: »
    Its not as simple as throwing some paint on it. perhaps the Retro livery takes more design work...or perhaps they don't want to dilute the branding by having a new type introduced in a non standard livery.

But I do think the B757 is a good opportunity to have a retro livery. EI mgmt
    may not feel the same way however

I think it would be easy enough for eirtech or the likes to decal the retro livery over the white and may not cost that much

I don’t think another retro jet would dilute the brand either, I think it would enhance it. A retro AL jet would go down a treat in north America in terms of branding. If they send a white 757 with green shamrock on the tail across the Atlantic I think they are missing an opportunity. I hate that white a320 and those aerlingus.com 737's back in the day were horrendous.

But yea I honestly don’t think AL management are thinking the same way, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

There's a couple of pics on flickr tonight of her outside the paint hangar, on my phone so can't link to it,look for Shanairpics on flickr.

lord lucan wrote: »
    There's a couple of pics on flickr tonight of her outside the paint hangar, on my phone so can't link to it,look for Shanairpics on flickr.

Looks like shes gonna be green

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/

Half green actually, must be temporary on the fuselage

sully2010 wrote: »
    Looks like shes gonna be green

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/

Half green actually, must be temporary on the fuselage

Its a white fuselage with green tail and looks like green winglets. EI titles in green on the fuselage.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

12227198946_4e2d8527c8_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I don't know but I think that's much nicer than the original paint. Sort've similar livery layout to Air France with the logo on tail and company name on the the forward body.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I don't know but I think that's much nicer than the original paint. Sort've similar livery layout to Air France with the logo on tail and company name on the the forward body.

Its only temporary on the fuselage I would imagine, I don't think they would have painted the tail if they didn't intend on doing the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭zone 1

i think AL needs to upgrade there livery small bit anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

zone 1 wrote: »
    i think AL needs to upgrade there livery small bit anyways

I think the basic AL livery is very distinctive and still pretty original after the years.

Only other carrier with a similar scheme is, I believe, KLM, albeit in blue rather than green.

If the AL livery had a freshen-up without radically changing the existing colour-scheme, this might be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭merisi

This looks like it was stopped mid-job with very hastily painted-over Finnair titles and registration. I'll be curious to see what happens next, and indeed where the other two 757s are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

merisi wrote: »
    This looks like it was stopped mid-job with very hastily painted-over Finnair titles and registration. I'll be curious to see what happens next, and indeed where the other two 757s are.

One is in SNN, one is still with Finnair.

I would *hope* that if the third arrives in sufficient time before it goes to service (as Toronto is starting later), that it's painted fully and subbed for EI-LBR to let it get a full paintjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It does indeed look like it was hastily pulled out before they good get it finished. I know the light is bad but the fuselage looks a bit grimy and you can see where the previous titles were painted over.. Not a great look especially with the newly painted tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The remaining 757s are both in Shannon, EI-LBS and EI-LBT are apparently undergoing C Checks so should be fully painted before entering service, if one is ready before it might give them the opportunity to fully paint EI-LBS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Seems a bit rough and ready. The titles and shamrock on the engine in GREEN indicate the rest will be white for a time at least. The titles surround is hastily applied white paint and over the previous reg. it might be a temporary sub on the current fleet to cover other maintenance till a longer paint slot is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

MYOB wrote: »

I would *hope* that if the third arrives in sufficient time before it goes to service (as Toronto is starting later), that it's painted fully and subbed for EI-LBR to let it get a full paintjob.
    Both of the 757 are under going C checks in Shannon. OH-LBS will be finnish in a few days.

Katunga wrote: »
    OH-LBS will be finnish in a few days.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

From the SNN Airport Facebook page...
    http://www.facebook.com/Shannon.Airport.Official?fref=ts

1016702_582498328506328_1607466061_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

My God what a mess, it is neither one thing nor the other.

You would think that EI would have more pride in their brand.

By all accounts it was a rush job as some other issues within the cabin came up that had to be taken care of first. At the end of the day the only people who'll get in a knot over its appearance will be the avgeeks. The average paying punter will only care about the cabin and if that's right then its job done until they can get her into the paint shop again to be finished off properly.

By all accounts it was a rush job as some other issues within the cabin came up that had to be taken care of first. At the end of the day the only people who'll get in a knot over its appearance will be the avgeeks. The average paying punter will only care about the cabin and if that's right then its job done until they can get her into the paint shop again to be finished off properly.

Anyone know how the cabin will be? Has a complete new cabin been fitted with seat back TV's?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Sorry to say but I do not like the 757 livery. They should be painting the planes in the full Aer Lingus livery, it is not a very good corporate image. It isn't consistent at all.

MYOB wrote: »

Are they actually going to fit it with the Aer Lingus seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

owenc wrote: »
    Sorry to say but I do not like the 757 livery. They should be painting the planes in the full Aer Lingus livery, it is not a very good corporate image. It isn't consistent at all.

Yes, but hold on. The reason for this paint work is that the plane missed its original painting slot due to a problem elsewhere, from what can be read here anyway.

Either that paint work, the quickest job, or keep it as a Finnair :p

I wouldn't call it a livery either, not in the real sense. I would imagine Aer Lingus wouldn't either. I bet they don't feel amazing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭robbieVan

Have you not read any of the rest of the thread? They don't have time to paint it, it goes into service soon and they did not want to delay the start of the service. Just read.

People commenting on the Facebook picture from the SNN page were the same, for every comment saying "they didn't have time to paint it and it will be eventually painted in EI colours" there is about 5 comments saying "I don't like the paint scheme, why is not in full livery" .. Common sense is really lost on some people. Or is just ignorance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭kub

robbieVan wrote: »
    Have you not read any of the rest of the thread? They don't have time to paint it, it goes into service soon and they did not want to delay the start of the service. Just read.

People commenting on the Facebook picture from the SNN page were the same, for every comment saying "they didn't have time to paint it and it will be eventually painted in EI colours" there is about 5 comments saying "I don't like the paint scheme, why is not in full livery" .. Common sense is really lost on some people. Or is just ignorance?

Well your last paragraph certainly summed up the typical Facebook user.

robbieVan wrote: »

Well no because there is a lot of terminology that I really haven't got a notion on what it means.

I think in general most people haven't a clue about livery's and the processes that go into creating them. It's daft to expect us to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well then perhaps it's better to ask why it wasn't painted than posting a rather unfairly critical post?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

This has been already explained if you read the comments before yours on the thread.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Well no because there is a lot of terminology that I really haven't got a notion on what it means. ....

SIMPLES!!!
    The remaining 757s are both in Shannon............... should be fully painted before entering service, if one is ready before it might give them the opportunity to fully paint EI-LBR.
    westdub wrote: »
    First 757 is in the paint shop and hopefully out on Friday... Only a partial scheme with aer lingus titles on engines and tail with main body staying white....
    Only reason it's not a full paint is time (or lack of).

To clarify. The cabin refit ran into some problems which took time to resolve. EI are not happy with the delays so far. The decision was taken to either give it a temporary partial livery or further delay the launch of lights from SNN. Once the other B757's are in service they can take EI-LBR off the lines to finish the job (I would guess before April)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Not that hard to understand really. Rush job as other problems came up causing a delay. What's the complex terminology you don't understand ?

Advertisement