Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Not even a full coat of white!!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Not even a full coat of white!!!!

Would add weight and then have to be scuffed/stripped to finish the job later.

This may be very shortlived.....BOS flights are starting next week. JFK not till March. 2nd B757 is doing C Check at present. So they got 6 weeks to replace -LBR and finish the livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Airtest completed on LBR tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

de biz wrote: »
    Airtest completed on LBR tonight.

So is it good to go? Just wondering what are the chances of running this on a few SH routes before the t/a schedule kicks in?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭calibratedtool

kub wrote: »
    So is it good to go? Just wondering what are the chances of running this on a few SH routes before the t/a schedule kicks in?

It's going to BOS tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

It's going to BOS tomorrow
    Really?? There are no scheduled SNN - BOS today! Is it a ferry flight? Or operating a DUB service

Locker10a wrote: »
    Really?? There are no scheduled SNN - BOS today! Is it a ferry flight? Or operating a DUB service

Well I'm not making it up.
    It will return BOS-DUB-SNN on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Well I'm not making it up.
    It will return BOS-DUB-SNN on Sunday.

its a proving flight

its a proving flight

A 'service' proving flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Looks beautiful. 757 looks good on any airline livery. But the 757 looks really sharp in the EI livery, can't wait to see her in the full livery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Inside the Cabin courtesy of @coolyourjets on Twitter

BfbH0IiIcAA441Q.jpg:large

It's definitely a better job than the outside!

flanzer wrote: »

Im glad to see they have invested in a quality hard product on board ! Once its fully painted EI 757 service will be very impressive

Just wondering are those seats just the Finnair ones with new upholstery or are they new seats?

If so is it possible to take a seat out of a Boeing and fit it into an Airbus?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Just wondering are those seats just the Finnair ones with new upholstery or are they new seats?

New I'd say- this is a poor picture but this is cabin of former OH-LBS (to be EI-LBS)

6001954217_1b96d1f01f.jpg

It appears they are neither the Finnair nor the A330 seats! Looks like they invested in new seats

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

flanzer wrote: »

Nice, good to see they didnt skimp on the interior. I could do 6 hours in that cabin no probs, decent size tv and legroom looks ok. If the paint delay was due to the cabin fit out it was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Finnair had no PTVs so they couldn't be. Before they confirmed they were going to have PTVs I was expecting reupholstered seats; but they clearly care enough to try have a consistent product.

If certified, yes. Realistically I doubt its a common proposition.

The BOS ATC asked if the pilots were EI or leasing firm after landing, going on the video of it - the response wasn't far off the Facebook "it's complicated" option!

A 'service' proving flight.

Does this mean that inspectors get to go on a jolly or do they review data after the flight?

If it is a jolly then that is nice of EI to fly to Dub first on the return flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Is there a business class cabin on board or is it a full economy service?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Is there a business class cabin on board or is it a full economy service?

12 business class seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Arriving at BOS,

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

Nice seats. They could be reconditioned 2nd hand ones though. Anyone got any pics of the biz cabin yet>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

From a distance the temp 'livery' actually looks quite cool to me. Well, it's different rather than cool I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Does this mean that inspectors get to go on a jolly or do they review data after the flight?

If it is a jolly then that is nice of EI to fly to Dub first on the return flight.

Probably a bit of both. And my understanding is to also give the flight crew some expereince of T/A and Boston as they may not have any.

Probably a bit of both. And my understanding is to also give the flight crew some expereince of T/A and Boston as they may not have any.

IAA,ACL and EI staff on board.
    The operating crew had plenty of TA experience in type.

Just worked out better to op through DUB

Is that 757 returning from Boston tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Due in at 8:50am tomorrow. EI2132.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

IAA,ACL and EI staff on board.
    The operating crew had plenty of TA experience in type.

Who are the operating flight crew? I presume non AL pilots but similar FR pilots.....hired hacks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Who are the operating flight crew? I presume non AL pilots but similar FR pilots.....hired hacks?

:confused:

As has been mentioned before, the ACL 757's are operated by ACL crew. A very small number of EI crew have signed a deal with ACL for 3 years to operate on the 757's.

Advertisement