Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Anyone know if shes left BOS yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Its nearly there now lol. A flight is hardly going to leave at 3 in the morning lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

JamieIsGod wrote: »
    Anyone know if shes left BOS yet?

http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN2132/2a5b4a7

Currently at Dublin Airport and I saw her land. I have to admit she looks good up close. Video will go up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

JamieIsGod wrote: »
    Currently at Dublin Airport and I saw her land. I have to admit she looks good up close. Video will go up later.

You didn't manage to catch any of the go arounds did you?

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    You didn't manage to catch any of the go arounds did you?
    Only arrived after the speedbird went around and the Ryanair one was out of sight when it went around,sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

owenc wrote: »
    Its nearly there now lol. A flight is hardly going to leave at 3 in the morning lol...

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭kub

2388112.jpg

Obviously not my picture, thanks to a fellow poster on the picture thread for linking it. I am just wondering with regard to the standard EI livery. There is a sign under the cockpit windows and it mentions that the service is operated by Air contractors, due to the position of it, is it in the way of the standard livery and I am beginning to wonder is this the 757 livery as finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭robbieVan

kub wrote: »
    There is a sign under the cockpit windows and it mentions that the service is operated by Air contractors, due to the position of it, is it in the way of the standard livery and I am beginning to wonder is this the 757 livery as finished.

i think the green only goes to just below the window
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Aer.lingus.a320-200.ei-den.arp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

How does the 757 compare to the A330 in terms of capacity? From the above pictures, the cabin on the 757 looks smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I've never noticed until now just how huge the tail looks on the 757 until seeing these pics.

keith16, the 757 is a narrow body so is missing the middle set of seats the whole length of economy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

keith16 wrote: »
    How does the 757 compare to the A330 in terms of capacity? From the above pictures, the cabin on the 757 looks smaller?

The 757 capacity is more on par with the A321 than the A330, thats the whole idead behind the 757 as the A330 proved to be too much capacity for certain routes

I wonder when EI changed from 747's to A330's, should they have changed to 757's instead?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I wonder when EI changed from 747's to A330's, should they have changed to 757's instead?

Capacities:

B757-200: 12 + 165
    A330-200: 24 + 243-248
    A330-300: 24 + 298

The frequency would have to go up on a bunch of the routes if they had bought 757s instead of 330s. The worst month in 2013 had a 65% load factor on long haul so even when traffic is at its lowest they'd have to run extra flights. Two 752s has more capacity than a 333 so they'd probably end up either constrained all the time or with worse load factors.

Also, 757s can't do DUB-SFO or the old DUB-LAX route.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

....I am just wondering with regard to the standard EI livery. There is a sign under the cockpit windows and it mentions that the service is operated by Air contractors, due to the position of it, is it in the way of the standard livery and I am beginning to wonder is this the 757 livery as finished.

There was a pic posted elsewhere from its approach to BOS. It was showing the grey underbelly of the other EI aircraft. I expect that they have completed the lower fuselage, engines, winglets, tail.......and plan to paint the upper fuselage green later on when the 2nd B757 is available to sub for -LBR. Hence the unfinished look with older Finnair white and bright white decals over the Finnair text.

May still be a surprise in store.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

There's going to be 3 of these 757's eventually isn't there?

I'd like to see one each in the 3 main liveries Aer Lingus has had over the years, The current one, the retro that's on the A320 and this one. It hasn't aged as well as the original retro colour scheme, but I'd like to see it again!

0352269.jpg

ozzy jr wrote: »
    There's going to be 3 of these 757's eventually isn't there?

I'd like to see one each in the 3 main liveries Aer Lingus has had over the years........

The B757 ratio's would really look good on either of the top liveries:
    2935938392_a84b7c4768.jpg
    EI retro jets by tearbringer, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Agreed I think the old dark green one would look amazing on a 757.
    Tenger wrote: »
    The B757 ratio's would really look good on either of the top liveries:
    2935938392_a84b7c4768.jpg
    EI retro jets by tearbringer, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The second Boeing 757 for Aer Lingus has apparently flown to Norwich, UK for painting.

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4&page=4

It's been in Shannon since Christmas Eve so should be ready on the the inside by now, looks like we might see fully painted 757 by next week if that's the case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭merisi

I did these retro schemes for an X-Plane 757 some time ago.

9304682789_04e04c7a05.jpg
    Boeing 757 Aer Lingus retro by clavel9, on Flickr

9307466892_26ec262652.jpg

As well as the "current livery":

9204940733_4718936e56.jpg
    Aer Lingus Boeing 757-200 by clavel9, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

merisi wrote: »
    I did these retro schemes for an X-Plane 757 some time ago.

9304682789_04e04c7a05.jpg

9307466892_26ec262652.jpg

As well as the "current livery":

9204940733_4718936e56.jpg
    Aer Lingus Boeing 757-200 by clavel9, on Flickr

Good job, any chance you could do the the dark green one in the post above and send it to Aer Lingus Management!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

It's their 80th anniversary in 2016, the same year the A350s are due to arrive so a retro A350 or 757 would be a great way to celebrate!

It's their 80th anniversary in 2016, the same year the A350s are due to arrive so a retro A350 or 757 would be a great way to celebrate!

No point repainting a B757....there are short term lease. The A320 was a new delivery so didn't cost much to have a different livery (design labour really) A350 could be an idea but then the retro livery may seem old hat from a PR point of view. So many airlines already have them in service. Finnair were one of the first and have already repainted their retro A319 into the standard livery. (aircraft get repainted every 3-5 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

No point repainting a B757....there are short term lease. The A320 was a new delivery so didn't cost much to have a different livery (design labour really) A350 could be an idea but then the retro livery may seem old hat from a PR point of view. So many airlines already have them in service. Finnair were one of the first and have already repainted their retro A319 into the standard livery. (aircraft get repainted every 3-5 years)

What are they going using the a350 for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

adam88 wrote: »
    What are they going using the a350 for

For routes? We'll probably see new routes being launched. Maybe ME or LAX?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭merisi

... but then the retro livery may seem old hat from a PR point of view. So many airlines already have them in service. Finnair were one of the first and have already repainted their retro A319 into the standard livery. (aircraft get repainted every 3-5 years)

I agree. Many of them weren't that well executed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

The second Boeing 757 for Aer Lingus has apparently flown to Norwich, UK for painting.

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4&page=4

It's been in Shannon since Christmas Eve so should be ready on the the inside by now, looks like we might see fully painted 757 by next week if that's the case!

yes OH-LBS has gone for painting and no it's not ready inside. It's was in Shannon for a C check following end of lease. It had the Finnair cabin refitted to it. It will receive the cabin mod after painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Why didnt they send it to shannon dublin for painting?

• Advertisement

Why didnt they send it to shannon dublin for painting?

What are you mad? Look at what Shannon didn't do to the first one :D

Advertisement