Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

EILBS is next, mid march.

Is LBT in service though?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭calibratedtool

No, that's LBR

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Not yet, it is still OH-LBT. Not officially handed over yet. However it is already in full EI livery. SNN-JFK starts soon so we will see 2 a/c operational from SNN. Toronto route is over a month away. Currently -LBR is operating the SNN-BOS route

Here is OH-LBT on the 7th:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/12997420295/

EDIT in response to calibratedtool below:
    I thought -LBS was already in service, spotted this pic from Malcolm Nason last week. He always seems to be ahead of the curve in SNN:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/12743374674/

Tenger wrote: »
    Not yet, it is still OH-LBT. Not officially handed over yet. However it is already in full EI livery. SNN-JFK starts soon so we will see 2 a/c operational from SNN. Toronto route is over a month away. Currently -LBR and -LBS are operating the SNN-BOS route

Here it is on the 7th:

Give LBS another 10 days or so before it's in service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Was on EI135 SNN-BOS yesterday, there's only 3 rows of business class. The economy seats have a new touch screen that's miles better than the airbus. Seats feel a bit cheaper but are grand. Flight took 7.5 hours tho... :-(

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    Not yet, it is still OH-LBT. Not officially handed over yet. However it is already in full EI livery. SNN-JFK starts soon so we will see 2 a/c operational from SNN. Toronto route is over a month away. Currently -LBR is operating the SNN-BOS route

Here is OH-LBT on the 7th:

EDIT in response to calibratedtool below:
    I thought -LBS was already in service, spotted this pic from Malcolm Nason last week. He always seems to be ahead of the curve in SNN:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/12743374674/

LBS will take over BOS which will allow LBR to get its paint finished off.
    Both will be good to go by the time JFK starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭useless

apologies if posted already- Irish Times reporting today that business class is being refitted with new fully flat seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. I haven't found anything online about it. Have to say Im surprised- surely this will take capacity out of the 'front of the plane' and the potential higher price they can charge for the new seats won't make up for the reduced available load?
    But equally Im sure someone has looked at a lot of load factor and customer preference data before giving this idea the green light... any of you knowledgeable folks have any insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

robertxxx wrote: »
    Is it now time in the wake of these terrible accidents in the past year for aer lingus to get rid of its dangerous 777's.

As there is a major flaw in its design which causes the craft to break up in mid air.

Have you been smoking something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Is it now time in the wake of these terrible accidents in the past year for aer lingus to get rid of its dangerous 777's.

As there is a major flaw in its design which causes the craft to break up in mid air.

You are only messing yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,352 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You think so?
    I was just thinking that it had in general an incredibly strong fuselage considering how the SanFrancisco crash jet held together. BA sorry landing took a fair hammering to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Nobody told them they had 777s..would have came in handy on the JFK route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

When did any 777 break up in mid-air? Also, how long was I asleep? When did EI get 777's?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Clear off to After Hours will ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Aer lingus does'nt have any 777's muppet. If your going to troll, at least do so with some accurate information

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Wow can someone not make a mistake about fleets now without getting shooed away or called a muppet?

pclancy wrote: »
    Wow can someone not make a mistake about fleets now without getting shooed away or called a muppet?
    I would agree with you if he just made a mistake about EI owning 777's but the comment about multiple frames breaking up in mid air is clearly just trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

I made a mistake, I'm not a plane spotter.

So how many freak accidents have both these a330 and 777 crafts had? ie; no contact with traffic control but just disappear from radar, One apiece ?

I would agree with you if he just made a mistake about EI owning 777's but the comment about multiple frames breaking up in mid air is clearly just trolling

Get back into your box newbie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

Dangerous 777's classic. The a330 and 777 are probably the safest aircraft ever built.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,383 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You don't need to be an expert... I'm not an expert on vintage motor cars but I think I'll still refrain from making firm assertions in the motoring thread on such a subject when I don't know what I'm talking about. Google is your friend... Plenty of info out there re: safest records of airlines and airliners. I'd respectively suggest that you might go off and educate yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

useless wrote: »
    apologies if posted already- Irish Times reporting today that business class is being refitted with new fully flat seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. I haven't found anything online about it. Have to say Im surprised- surely this will take capacity out of the 'front of the plane' and the potential higher price they can charge for the new seats won't make up for the reduced available load?
    But equally Im sure someone has looked at a lot of load factor and customer preference data before giving this idea the green light... any of you knowledgeable folks have any insight?

I'm nearly sure it'll be 2-2-2.

Get back into your box newbie!
    I see the rest of your posts are going to be as useful as your first

I see the rest of your posts are going to be as useful as your first

Get back in your box.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

donvito99 wrote: »

Given they are going properly lie flat, they could be looking at 1-2-1 herringbone. A bit like VS did, tweaking it a bit to fit their A330's. So capacity stays more or less the same but every seat has aisle access.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

orionm_73 wrote: »
    Given they are going properly lie flat, they could be looking at 1-2-1 herringbone. A bit like VS did, tweaking it a bit to fit their A330's. So capacity stays more or less the same but every seat has aisle access.

Yes, Delta have something like that on their 76s I believe. Time will tell, glad to see this happening before the 350s arrive, although with them being pushed back again something will have to be done to spruce up the 330s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

It could also mean the end of rows 9 and 10 in the A330-300's. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Get back in your box.

Banned for a week for trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

It could also mean the end of rows 9 and 10 in the A330-300's. :mad:

I'm afraid that's a certainty. Regardless of what seats are chosen and installed, rows 9 & 10 on the -300's are slated for removal. C class will be from doors 1-2.
    Some of the old -300's always had that layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

donvito99 wrote: »

It will probably be a 1-2-1/2-2-1 configuration, or something like that. Akin to LX's A330s.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

useless wrote: »
    .....Irish Times reporting today that business class is being refitted with new fully flat seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. I haven't found anything online about it. .....

Do you have a link to the IT article?

EI posted a pic of their new seat design in their 2013 Full Year results about 10 days ago:
    http://corporate.aerlingus.com/media/corporateaerlinguscom/content/pdfs/2013-preliminary-results-presentation-FINAL-2422014.pdf

Page 17 shows a pic of the current Business Class cabin. Page 26 shows an image of a pair of their planned new seats.

The image looks like those seats would easily repalce the current 2-2-2 config.

Advertisement