Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

omega man wrote: »
    Cockpit EFBs are currently class 1 Panasonic tough-books. The iPads are non EFB devices and will be issued to each pilot. The future EFB upgrade to class 2 will mean mounted tablets but as far as I know no specific tablet decided on.

Was chatting to a guy in the know saying its navaero system with samsung tablet but sure its only a matter of changing the dock,wiring is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭omega man

A320 wrote: »
    Was chatting to a guy in the know saying its navaero system with samsung tablet but sure its only a matter of changing the dock,wiring is the same.

It's navaero alright and yes the tablet would be interchangeable. You could be right on the samsung , on a trial basis at least.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

A320 wrote: »

So EFB set to be Samsung, that's set up in the cockpit of each aircraft. meanwhile looks like each pilot will have a personal iPad for company data, Jeppy plates and NOTAM's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Tenger wrote: »
    So EFB set to be Samsung, that's set up in the cockpit of each aircraft. meanwhile looks like each pilot will have a personal iPad for company data, Jeppy plates and NOTAM's?

Lido plates, but yes a bit of this and that re apple and microsoft......:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

For Summer '14, #AerLingus will hire in Air Asia Airbus A320 (9M-AHH). It is expected to be in Air Asia livery with Aer Lingus titles.

Found this on twitter by Michael Kelly.

Same aircraft:

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20110110-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

For Summer '14, #AerLingus will hire in Air Asia Airbus A320 (9M-AHH). It is expected to be in Air Asia livery with Aer Lingus titles.

Great aircraft they're leasing... :rolleyes::pac: http://avherald.com/h?article=4360264d

Thats sounds a bit odd....don't think I would liek the look of that A320.

In related news:

Aer Lingus may add Airbus A330 or Boeing 757 capacity to continue long-haul growth next year

https://twitter.com/R_Wall/status/461792174280302592

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

And for S15 another addition to the long/haul fleet, still to be decided by management if it will be another 757 or A330 - Discussions still on-going to possible opening of a 5th East Coast US destination ex DUB.

Clue: think Will Smith's circa 1998 hit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

An additional A330 had been talked of here I recall. EY was mentioned. Where would ACL get another 757 from?
    Clue: think Will Smith's circa 1998 hit

Bel Air is hardly an attractive destination from Dublin....

donvito99 wrote: »
    An additional A330 had been talked of here I recall. EY was mentioned. Where would ACL get another 757 from?

Bel Air is hardly an attractive destination from Dublin....

Where we're you in 1998...

• Advertisement

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Great aircraft they're leasing... :rolleyes::pac: http://avherald.com/h?article=4360264d

I'm hoping the details on twitter are wrong, wouldn't have thought they'd be happy leasing that, even if it was fully repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,244 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Same aircraft:

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20110110-0

Very strange... You would think it wouldn't be too difficult to find a white tail a320 with a good history knocking around Europe somewhere in this climate. Would look very odd in a hybrid scheme, surprising how conscious EI are brand wise..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Strumms wrote: »
    Very strange... You would think it wouldn't be too difficult to find a white tail a320 with a good history knocking around Europe somewhere in this climate. Would look very odd in a hybrid scheme, surprising how conscious EI are brand wise..

Aer Lingus will be more concerned by cost than looks. TBH it will be better than the social jet, wasn't a fan.

As for extra L/H aircraft I think they will go A330 over 757.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus will be more concerned by cost than looks. TBH it will be better than the social jet, wasn't a fan.

As for extra L/H aircraft I think they will go A330 over 757.

While I'm sure cost is a great concern EI in the past have gone to efforts not to use hybrid liveries, the social jet was just a white tail with a decal added late into its service with EI. I don't know how anyone might think a predominately red Air Asia livery with EI titles might look better then their own livery on white.. But anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

So what do people make of bia, the new food range?

Got the toasted sandwich one night, edges were completely burnt and for some reason they thought it was a good idea to put the sauce r cheese outside, it was all stuck to the plastic.

The guy behind me ordered the scone, they had none, then tried to order every other type of bun but they were also sold out, so he gave up.

The plane was just over half full so no reason for the sandwich to be in so long it was burned, or no buns in left.

Cheese board with fresh grapes, what clown came up with that one, not easy have a handful of fresh grapes to hand the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

relaxed wrote: »
    So what do people make of bia, the new food range?

Got the toasted sandwich one night, edges were completely burnt and for some reason they thought it was a good idea to put the sauce r cheese outside, it was all stuck to the plastic.

The guy behind me ordered the scone, they had none, then tried to order every other type of bun but they were also sold out, so he gave up.

The plane was just over half full so no reason for the sandwich to be in so long it was burned, or no buns in left.

Cheese board with fresh grapes, what clown came up with that one, not easy have a handful of fresh grapes to hand the whole time.

Bring back the chicken stuffing sandwich!!!

You may have been on the last flight of a 4 flight day for the crew, may have been up to 3-400 people looking for scones before ye:(

Bring back the chicken stuffing sandwich!!!

Back since early March. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Back since early March. :)

Hot dig giddy, I'll get the girls to keep me one:D

Good riddance to the Brie and grape sandwich too. It's far from fancy sandwiches I was brought up on:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,528 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had the cheese sandwich twice, glued to the plastic both times. The menu looks nice in practice but it must be floundering horribly.

Bring back the meatballs I say.

Boeing777 wrote: »

Hence the link I posted.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    Had the cheese sandwich twice, glued to the plastic both times. The menu looks nice in practice but it must be floundering horribly.

Chicken stuffing sandwich and a view, cloud 9! :D

Clue: think Will Smith's circa 1998 hit ;)

Are they not already going to the 'wild wild west'???

Here was my hint haha, please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this... :o

MYOB wrote: »

I last had the meatballs flying back from NCE a couple of years ago... Delicious ! To my horror a couple of months later they were no more... :(

I'm not a fan of the BIA menu. It's not very imaginative, the choice isn't great and the food isn't either. I have had he same experience with the whole cheese meets plastic and the rubber ham in the 'Cheesy Mister'. And the photos everywhere of Clo**h McK***a leering at you like she invented food complete with insincere corporate ka-Ching deal signed smile makes me want to vom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

Here was my hint haha, please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this... :o

Don't they currently operate to Orlando? Will it be an alternating service between the 2?

I think everyone knew that it was Miami! :P

The thing about flying MIA is that it is a bigger hub than MCO with connections to the Caribbean and South America. Its also a major hub for American Airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I've heard it's not Miami, but Washington

flanzer wrote: »
    I've heard it's not Miami, but Washington
    Could well be either

The quote from the Chief COmmercial Officer about 3 weeks ago was along the lines of "we are looking at further growth in 2015, possible options are another East Coast destination and Florida"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Well if the new a/c is an A330 it would most likely be MIA, and if it's a 757 then it could be IAD or something along those lines.

• Advertisement

relaxed wrote: »
    So what do people make of bia, the new food range?.......

While this tangent has made me a little hungry I would like to ask that we try to keep this thread about the EI Fleet and operations rather than onboard food. Another thread could be started on airline food if anyone wanted to contiune the discussion.

Advertisement