Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,244 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I guess out of the 4 airframes EI will recieve DEI and DEO back. What is that status of EZW and EZV which never operated for EI at any stage ? Are they actually EI aircraft or just leased in for the Little Red venture ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Strumms wrote: »
    I guess out of the 4 airframes EI will recieve DEI and DEO back. What is that status of EZW and EZV which never operated for EI at any stage ? Are they actually EI aircraft or just leased in for the Little Red venture ?

Hypothetically there's nothing to stop them operating EZW/V on EI services- depending of course on the length/terms of their current lease from GECAS

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I believe that EI are leasing those 2 A320's so can use them on EI routes if they want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

According to various tweets I've seen, this story is not as true as it seems.

According to various tweets I've seen, this story is not as true as it seems.

I got to read the full article. No actual data or quote from Virgin. Looks like its a speculative piece........

Didnt the Sunday Times have a "Ryanair looks to Airbus" headline last week. New but lazy journo reading too much pprune?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,244 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tenger wrote: »
    I believe that EI are leasing those 2 A320's so can use them on EI routes if they want.

If the speculation is true and or when Little Red does cease to be... Even two never mind four extra airframes would open up a lot of scope for new EI routes and or extra frequencies on others. However if the project was dropped in the short term I doubt over the winter EI would have any use for any more then maybe one as extra cover in their system for tech, checks etc and possibly save a few quid on hiring Titan in every so often as rare as that might be...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

There is a lot of history between the main UK airlines harking back to the days of Laker. Willie appears more than happy to be joining in on the bashing it would seem. He has seen off BMI and being London centric there is only one more player to sort out.

I wouldn't read to much into this piece.

EI published their Sept update yesterday.
    http://corporate.aerlingus.com/investorrelations/regulatorynews/2014pressreleases/AerLingus_september_analyst_presentation.pdf

Highlights include-
    -Confirmation of another A330 for next year. (Hints at possible seasonal lease's in 2015-17)
    -Target of 9 A350 and 5 narrow body longhaul by 2020.
    -Planned to have a 4th longhaul narrow body in 2016.
    - A332/A333/A350 cost per seat comparison= 100/88/79
    (The figure of 100 is notional baseline number. A350 costs 1% more per trip than the A332 but the higher capacity offsets this to make it 21% cheaper per seat. I expect EI will be looking to see if the A330neo can match this)
    -New J Class product. (I guess refers to the new seats)
    -On page 21 they have a graph showing no growth in shorthaul fleet numbers but no more A319 in 2017, looks like an increase in A321 by 2016.

-Longhaul Y Class refresh and new Y+ product.
    -E585M in net cash reserves (with another 450M in place to cover leasing costs)
    -Pension issue resolved by end of 2014.
    -New website and mobile app.
    -New frequent flyer programme. (reads like this is in addition to Gold Circle)
    -DUB is 7th largest gateway to the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Any update on the new TA routes? Thought the COO had said they would have to be on sale by the end of Sept?

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Any update on the new TA routes? Thought the COO had said they would have to be on sale by the end of Sept?

It's not the end of September yet !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭aviator7

9M-XAD enroute to Dublin (ex EI-EWR).

aviator7 wrote: »
    9M-XAD enroute to Dublin (ex EI-EWR).

Bit of a nerdy search, but looking at airfleets, I see the -XAD is one of only 2 330's that has the GE engines. The other being -XAA, which is ex EI-SHN and 20 years old.

All the others are RR Trent engines. Also the latter are a much younger fleet. -XAD and XAA drags down the average fleet age.

Bit of a nerdy search, but looking at airfleets, I see the -XAD is one of only 2 330's that has the GE engines. The other being -XAA, which is ex EI-SHN and 20 years old. ....Also the latter are a much younger fleet. -XAD and XAA drags down the average fleet age.
    -XAA is MSN 54. Was always the oldest EI A330. I believe it came from Air Inter in 1995.
    I remember being told a few years ago that when EI sent MSN 70 (EI-CRK) back to TLS for some work Airbus got all the younger engineers out to look at it in a "this is how we used to build A330's" type of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,528 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I can't see them wanting a 94 build back even if the leading corp has it available and offer it for buttons.

There has to be some newer CF6 frames for lease somewhere, seeing as they got new ones in recent memory

Stuck some new engines on a 20 year old bird, fresh coat of paint, and new seating and boom! Mutton dressed as lamb!!!

Stuck some new engines on a 20 year old bird, fresh coat of paint, and new seating and boom! Mutton dressed as lamb!!!

So its the A330(almost)NEO?

Tenger wrote: »
    So its the A330(almost)NEO?

Just rather a lot heavier :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Is coming in to go on lease to EI or is it just being returned to the lessor which happens to be in Dublin?

roundymac wrote: »
    Is coming in to go on lease to EI or is it just being returned to the lessor which happens to be in Dublin?

Both in theory, EI only ever leased it the first time around. Its being returned and re-leased just at the same airport at the same time.

MYOB wrote: »
    Both in theory, EI only ever leased it the first time around. Its being returned and re-leased just at the same airport at the same time.

I'd say they got a good deal on it, if it's worth paying for a cabin refit, their new business class, WiFi and ife installation, paint job, and any required maintenance on a plane of that age operating in the desert for a good while, it must not be costing them a huge amount in leasing costs.

I wonder how long they intend on keeping it?

• Advertisement

aviator7 wrote: »
    I'd say they got a good deal on it, if it's worth paying for a cabin refit, their new business class, WiFi and ife installation, paint job, and any required maintenance on a plane of that age operating in the desert for a good while, it must not be costing them a huge amount in leasing costs.

I wonder how long they intend on keeping it?

Most recent business presentation showed 8 A330 in fleet until first 2 A350 arrival in 2018. Summer 2018 current plan is 3/6 split, then 6/3 in 2019.
    So maybe March 2015-Oct 2017?

I would imagine that this and LAX will be out the door first when 350s arrive, unless growth requires them to keep them even longer.

I would imagine that this and LAX will be out the door first when 350s arrive, unless growth requires them to keep them even longer.

Probably. Although judging by how well aer lingus long haul is doing I wouldn't be suprised if we saw the three classic 330's in the fleet well into the future, as long as they stay reliable.

The funny thing ewr is probably going to be the nicest in the fleet, with the newest seats and ife, freshest paint etc.

Hopefully we get some before and after shots, will be interesting to see what they manage with a plane of that age :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 IrishAir98

Does anyone know when EI are meant to have there A330's new Business class finished might give myself a cheeky upgrade if im guaranteed the new business class ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Wouldn't surprise me if DAA went before LAX, anytime I've been on it there's something wrong. Went without wifi for a few weeks recently.
    IrishAir98 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when EI are meant to have there A330's new Business class finished might give myself a cheeky upgrade if im guaranteed the new business class ! ;)

All aircraft complete by end of March. First aircraft (probably a -200, As it's supposed to be launched on the SFO route) done by end January.

9M-XAD departed DUB again for Jeddah earlier this afternoon- doesn't look like it's rejoining EI fleet just yet then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭olive20

Will be operating for AL next year. Was on it yesterday and looks good for an old wun. Got some nice fotos, anyone that's been on it with AL Wudnt think it was same frame!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well they have no need for an extra aircraft over the winter - it won't be needed until the summer 2015 schedule kicks in.

Mid-winter offers spare capacity to cope with major exams and the Novair lease.

I saw on the lingus that -DEK has come back from little red. Is it back in the green colors?

Is the extra 320 staying with the company?

• Advertisement

I saw on the lingus that -DEK has come back from little red. Is it back in the green colors?

Is the extra 320 staying with the company?

EI-DEK is not/was not a Little Red a/c- EI-DEO, DEI, EZW and EZW and EZV are the 4 currently.

Advertisement