Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Locker10a wrote: »
    Yup i feel the same way! And wont it cost alot in terms of training crew and engineers and maintenance staff ? EI engineers haven't worked on boeing in years! Not to mention the cabins that will most likely need upgrading

In addition to that There is a big shortage of B757/767 Type rated engineers especially coneheads at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭calibratedtool

Yup i feel the same way! And wont it cost alot in terms of training crew and engineers and maintenance staff ? EI engineers haven't worked on boeing in years! Not to mention the cabins that will most likely need upgrading

The lease would be ACMI

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

A320 wrote: »
    In addition to that There is a big shortage of B757/767 Type rated engineers especially coneheads at the moment

Yeah thats true but i guess if EI really want to use the 757 as an experiment for buying the A321neo then they may be willing to invest the time,money and effort into operate the 757. Didnt EI have a deal with monarch for engineering and maintenance in the past! Monarch operate the 757 and would have engineers etc. who are 757 type rated , perhaps EI will come to an arrangement with Monarch as they did in the past, just a thought! Where there's a will there's a way ;) Is it possible EI could also use United for these purposes in BOS or JFK ?
    But still I will believe it when i hear it officially! But I really hope its true, I'd love to see the 757 in the EI fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

Yeah thats true but i guess if EI really want to use the 757 as an experiment for buying the A321neo then they may be willing to invest the time,money and effort into operate the 757. Didnt EI have a deal with monarch for engineering and maintenance in the past! Monarch operate the 757 and would have engineers etc. who are 757 type rated , perhaps EI will come to an arrangement with Monarch as they did in the past, just a thought! Where there's a will there's a way ;) Is it possible EI could also use United for these purposes in BOS or JFK ?
    But still I will believe it when i hear it officially! But I really hope its true, I'd love to see the 757 in the EI fleet.

They wouldn't need to do any of this. The airline that EI would lease the aircraft from would remain the "Operator" and would be responsible for maintenance etc. These aircraft would not be on EI's AOC.

Kumsheen wrote: »
    They wouldn't need to do any of this. The airline that EI would lease the aircraft from would remain the "Operator" and would be responsible for maintenance etc. These aircraft would not be on EI's AOC.

Ahh i see! Well this changes things, and makes it allot more simple for EI ! So all EI would have to do is train their SNN based cabin crew on 757 SOP's and SEP's and away they go! And their ground operation staff on course!
    I do hope if it goes ahead that EI will refit the cabins to their Transatlantic product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭calibratedtool

Sorry for sounding ingorant but I've never heard of ACMI :( what or who are they? The leasing company?

Kumsheen just explained it for you above.

the leasing company would supply a package of Aircraft,Crew,Maint and Insurance with the aircraft remaining on their AOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I do hope if it goes ahead that EI will refit the cabins to their Transatlantic product.

Yes this has got to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

So the aircraft registration would still be the operators reg, just like the md-11 was?

Kumsheen just explained it for you above.

the leasing company would supply a package of Aircraft,Crew,Maint and Insurance with the aircraft remaining on their AOC.
    Thanks did a quick google and found it after a few mins :)

So the aircraft registration would still be the operators reg, just like the md-11 was?

Yes, from my understand of the ACMI deal the other posters have been mentioning the deal will be the same as with the L1011 and MD-11 only this time involving a 757.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boeingboy

Yes which will be EI- anyway.
    3 aircraft have been sourced/lease agreed.
    Company management has previous 757 experience. 7 crews per plane. CCrew should be EI.
    Some experienced Captains/trainers around. (Irish)

Late summer start. Snn No Cork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

boeingboy wrote: »
    Company management has previous 757 experience. 7 crews per plane. CCrew should be EI.

Is the length of lease confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Couldn't they not just use Dublin/Shannon Aerospace or even Transaero?

Transaero are currently using the EI hangar in Shannon now, so they probably could work up a deal.

:D great news :D
    Will they be in full EI colours? With Refitted cabins ?

As said by Boeing Boy, the leasing company would be responsible for maintenance under the proposed arrangement.

Funny how EI has gone from the IAD-MAD UA deal to a lease of their own!

b757 wrote: »
    Couldn't they not just use Dublin/Shannon Aerospace or even Transaero?

Transaero are currently using the EI hangar in Shannon now, so they probably could work up a deal.

well those companies are full of ex malev AND some UK carrier B757/767 contractors at the moment,But yea a line maint contract is no problemo

No Cork

I heard something else which I hope is true

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Enright330

When is this gonna be in operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mayfly757

October

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flyaway12

How many cabin crew will operate on the 757?

Any ideas if theyll operate from Dublin on any new routes?

• Advertisement

2 pilots, 5 in the cabin.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

donvito99 wrote: »
    2 pilots, 5 in the cabin.

Is this based on what other airlines use on their B757's?

Saw it somewhere else, Bessarion. Could've been here, PPRUNE, or a.net

• Registered Users Posts: 6,541 ✭✭✭kub

I heard something else which I hope is true

Go on......

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flyaway12

The US carriers (UA/AA/US) using 757's across the pond crew them with 6 cabin crew. Usually 2 in Business, 4 in economy

Bessarion wrote: »
    Is this based on what other airlines use on their B757's?

I would say maybe 6 cabin crew! As EI use 5 cabin crew on their A321s (because og its seating capacity) but in terms of service A321 flight only involve bob service, 757's on transatlantic will require full service of meals and bar not to mention there being a business class ! So i would say a minimum of 6 cabin crew!
    How will EI train their crew for the 757? Can the operator they lease the a/c from provide training?
    Out of interest how many crew operate on EI's A330's?

kub wrote: »

Go on......
    I heard cork/jfk was under serious consideration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Crew is 2/8 on the A330.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,541 ✭✭✭kub

I heard cork/jfk was under serious consideration

I have also been hearing this for a while now. Is it the EI rumour that you heard? just this whole 757 thing is adding fuel to that fire. Is there currently a more suitable machine for such a route?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

kub wrote: »
    I have also been hearing this for a while now. Is it the EI rumour that you heard? just this whole 757 thing is adding fuel to that fire. Is there currently a more suitable machine for such a route?

I think the B757 is the perfect aircraft for ORK-JFK. Down the line the A321NEO would take over the role for long thin routes from non-hub airports.

However I am yet to be convinced that the business case exists to launch ORK-USA flights.

Advertisement