Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

illness benefit double payment???

• 09-02-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I would love if someone could shed some light im on illness benefit since nov 2012 and got moved to monthly certs since last week so my next cert is due 18th Feb...
    I got paid my 147.30 on wed but i also got a payment this morning (sat) of 294.60 does this mean that im goin to get paid monthly or is it a mistake????:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from investments & markets

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Thank you i was trying to do i...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

miccy203 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I would love if someone could shed some light im on illness benefit since nov 2012 and got moved to monthly certs since last week so my next cert is due 18th Feb...
    I got paid my 147.30 on wed but i also got a payment this morning (sat) of 294.60 does this mean that im goin to get paid monthly or is it a mistake????:confused::confused:

You will still get paid every week ,don't know about the payment this morning.best thing is to ring them on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Could somebody in the know clarify an issue for me with illness benefit? My girlfriend is currently on illness benefit and hands in weekly certs. She received a letter 2 weeks ago saying the claim was approved, and duly received a payment on the Wednesday the 6th Feb. The girl in the office then said that payment would be received every Monday from then on, hey presto there is no payment made this morning. Are payments made on a different day every week, or is there any system they have in place that an outsider should know about? Once again, the country of Ireland and it's welfare system baffles.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Payment depends on when you leave in the cert. It is usually 2 days after the cert is processed. The payment day can be set as a Monday but if the certs are not left in in time for a Monday payment (Processed by Thursday evening) the payment day will vary. Get her to ring her local office on IB directly 1890 928 400.

• Advertisement

Thank you for the prompt response. So basically payment is made 2 business days after the cert is handed in. Glad someone could clarify this for us. Also, for illness benefit, is payment not backdated any more? This is the 4th week of illness and so far my girlfriend has only received 1 instalment which covered only one week. We've handed in 4 certs as of today and received only one payment?

Was she on another claim prior to that? If so they would be repaying the other claim. Otherwise the arrears are usually on the second payment.

My girlfriend was claiming maternity benefit before claiming illness benefit. The maternity benefit ceased on 19th January. Can you clarify what "repaying the other claim" means? The 4th cert was handed in this morning so I'm presuming payment should be received by Weds of this week with arrears for the 2 weeks not received so far? Thanks again Sue Ellen!!!

She can't be paid IB while on Mat. The IB can only start from 21st January.

If she was say on Jobseekers if they had paid her up until now the arrears for the IB would be used to repay any monies issued from when she should have been on IB.

Advertisement