Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross bank transfer

Options
  • 09-02-2013 3:00pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I transferred 200 euro yesterday morning from an aib account to an ulsterbank account. I though transfers within the ROI were instant, but as of today it still hasn't arrived in my ulster account.

How long does it usually take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Before a certain time (think 3.30pm) it will be there next day. As you did it Friday it will be there monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

As Davy said, it should be there by Monday (depending on what time you sent it).

AIB to AIB transfers are instant. Transfers to other banks are batched up and sent out to the receiving banks twice a day (at lunch time and close of business). After that, it's all down to when the receiving bank processes it determines when exactly it appears in the receiving account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

If it's not there now it won't be there Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    If it's not there now it won't be there Monday.

Do you know when Ulster Bank process incoming payments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Payments made via the clearing are updated five nights a week [Monday through Friday]. Nothing happens at a weekend and what you see Saturday [after Friday night's update] will be the same as what you see Monday.

Depending on how this one was processed [by the originating bank] there may be a real time update during Monday and OP will see it then but I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I get payments from Amazon every two weeks which hits my BOI bank account on Monday mornings. It's always there when I wake up on the Monday but never there over the weekend so there is a possibility it will be there Monday

• Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's not there this morning. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I think it depends on the bank. I transferred from Rabo to AIB and it was very quick but BOI to AIB took from friday evening til wednesday to show up

Advertisement