Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

duck breast/ crown advice

Options
  • 09-02-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

So today I am cooking some duck and I have what I thought were duck breasts that were bought in Dunnes on special during the week. The only thing is that the packaging actually says duck crown but I think it is wrong.

From a bit of googling it seems to me that a duck crown should have the duck legs still attached but these do not and they look very much like duck breasts to me. I'm 90% convinced that it is just a case of misleading packaging but I was just wondering if anyone else knew for sure.

I don't want to cook it as duck breast if it is not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A crown should be the two breasts on the bone.
    Basically, if you removed the legs and the back of the duck, you'd be left with the crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

A crown should be the two breasts on the bone.
    Basically, if you removed the legs and the back of the duck, you'd be left with the crown.

Thanks. These aren't on the bone so I assume that means they are most likely just breasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Thanks. These aren't on the bone so I assume that means they are most likely just breasts?

Sounds likely alright.

balls they do have a bone... just took them out of the packaging and realised it.

Any idea how to cook them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

they can be easily taking off the bone just run the knife along the bone and take it off.

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    they can be easily taking off the bone just run the knife along the bone and take it off.

Thanks thats what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,417 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

balls they do have a bone... just took them out of the packaging and realised it.

Any idea how to cook them?

A three side bone in the centre?
    You had a crown. Removing it leaves you with breast fillets, or leave it in for a roast.

Advertisement