Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electic shower

Options
  • 09-02-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi looking for reasonably priced electric shower. Anyone any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you one installed already that your looking to replace, or a new install from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skit490

Davy wrote: »
    Have you one installed already that your looking to replace, or a new install from scratch?
    Looking to replace an existing shower, aqualisa, don't want that brand again.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

skit490 wrote: »
    Looking to replace an existing shower, aqualisa, don't want that brand again.

I got a great Mira one at Xmas in Argos in the sales. Can't remember the model but I searched for it at the time and phross in Cabra had the same one for €150 more.
    Think I paid €110 or something. You can be lucky on Argos sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tunner wrote: »

I got a great Mira one at Xmas in Argos in the sales. Can't remember the model but I searched for it at the time and phross in Cabra had the same one for €150 more.
    Think I paid €110 or something. You can be lucky on Argos sometimes

Got a triton in woodies last month for 199.

Ross isn't cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

skit490 wrote: »
    Hi looking for reasonably priced electric shower. Anyone any suggestions

No suggestions but are you sure you need an electric shower?
    There are a few differences;
    I'd say most Irish houses have a pumped electric shower (like triton T90z or mira elite) these pump and heat the water, fed from gravity cold only.
    Electric showers only heat the water (if your shower is gravity fed there won't be much pressure).
    There are also power showers which just pump the water but don't heat it so these have a cold and hot (gravity) feed.
    Just make sure you buy the right one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

flyguy wrote: »
    No suggestions but are you sure you need an electric shower?
    There are a few differences;
    I'd say most Irish houses have a pumped electric shower (like triton T90z or mira elite) these pump and heat the water, fed from gravity cold only.
    Electric showers only heat the water (if your shower is gravity fed there won't be much pressure).
    There are also power showers which just pump the water but don't heat it so these have a cold and hot (gravity) feed.
    Just make sure you buy the right one.

Useful info there flyguy, I'm looking to replace a Mira Elite ST which I believe to be a gravity (Tank) fed shower so therefore will need a pumped electric shower.

Op did you get anything in the end and anyone any suggestions on a good reasonable pumped electric shower available at the moment ? It's for a guest room as we have power showers elsewhere in the house but they require hot water. It's handy to have the electric one when you don't have hot water :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I think you're right about the shower type. With regards to offers woodies still have the triton on sale, although the sale price was €199 a while back and more now; http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Triton-T90Z-85Kw-Pumped-Electric-Shower-Tank-Fed/15641/6.10.6
    However as you are replacing a shower it's probably a good idea to get the same shower as a replacement (or the newer version if there is one). Usually you will have minimum labour/effort if you choose to do this. Just take old one away, put new one in place, involves a few screws and reconnecting of the power and water supply. If you choose a different brand/model, most likely at least the water supply will be in a different place or angle so any money saved on the shower could be lost on installation cost. The elite is "only" €35 more than the triton (maybe you can find a better deal) but it will be the easiest solution: http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Triton-T90Z-85Kw-Pumped-Electric-Shower-Tank-Fed/15641/6.10.6
    Also I don't know the reason for replacing the elite but if there is a problem with it (not heating, low flow etc) you can just get a part replaced before replacing the whole shower.
    There's a DIY/plumbing forum on boards as well for tips/advice.
    Good point btw about not having hot water, recently had both our bathrooms re-done and for the reason you mention kept electric shower in one and shower pump for the second. Saves hassle in the summer and the heating (or immersion) hasn't been on to heat the water...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tinkerbell76

Flyguy you mentioned you had both your bathrooms done recently , would you recommend that company? Need to find somebody to do mine but getting ridicilous expensive quotes. Just thought I'd ask : / thanks

I think you're right about the shower type. With regards to offers woodies still have the triton on sale, although the sale price was €199 a while back and more now; http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Triton-T90Z-85Kw-Pumped-Electric-Shower-Tank-Fed/15641/6.10.6
    However as you are replacing a shower it's probably a good idea to get the same shower as a replacement (or the newer version if there is one). Usually you will have minimum labour/effort if you choose to do this. Just take old one away, put new one in place, involves a few screws and reconnecting of the power and water supply. If you choose a different brand/model, most likely at least the water supply will be in a different place or angle so any money saved on the shower could be lost on installation cost. The elite is "only" €35 more than the triton (maybe you can find a better deal) but it will be the easiest solution: http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Triton-T90Z-85Kw-Pumped-Electric-Shower-Tank-Fed/15641/6.10.6
    Also I don't know the reason for replacing the elite but if there is a problem with it (not heating, low flow etc) you can just get a part replaced before replacing the whole shower.
    Good point btw about not having hot water, recently had both our bathrooms re-done and for the reason you mention kept electric shower in one and shower pump for the second. Saves hassle in the summer and the heating (or immersion) hasn't been on to heat the water...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Reason for replacing is actually both you mention, no hot water and very low flow. We're in the house 6 yrs this summer so don't think it would make alot of sense throwing €80 (Minimum I'm sure) at fixing the current one when a new one can be had for in around €200.

Advertisement