Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neverwinter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Calhoun wrote: »
    Nick, have you kept any of your zen? you could purchase a horse cheap with it.

I didn't have any Zen at least as far as I know I don't. Should I have some? I haven't spent any anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

n1ck wrote: »
    I didn't have any Zen at least as far as I know I don't. Should I have some? I haven't spent any anyway.

Think he must be meant astral diamonds? The horses cost about 20000 of those which is relatively cheap compared to most things...

Don't worry about mounts though, With your 15 hours of rental horses you will have gained more than enough gold to purchase a non rental as the higher your level the easier it is to get gold.

As a matter of interest, are characters from the open beta being kept for release?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Think he must be meant astral diamonds? The horses cost about 20000 of those which is relatively cheap compared to most things...

No i meant what i typed Zen not diamonds, at the start of the game i got 2000 zen from one of the adventures box i think. I know a few people who have gotten the same.

n1ck wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, are characters from the open beta being kept for release?

Open beta is the new unpolished launch, chars will be kept i belive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I did a search, and this was the newest Neverwinter thread...

Neverwinter Savage North Explorer Pack; https://www.facebook.com/logitechgaming?sk=app_174961479209942

Also, https://www.facebook.com/logitechgaming said that
    PWE has announced that there isn't an end-of-beta character wipe, this boost will help your final release character!

I don't benefit in any way from any of this, but thought some of ye may; it just came up on my feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Calhoun wrote: »
    No i meant what i typed Zen not diamonds, at the start of the game i got 2000 zen from one of the adventures box i think. I know a few people who have gotten the same.

oh? I'm up to IX now and I haven't gotten anything worthwhile from those boxes!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

And from their tweet; https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/331115941339475968

They also give out some random codes on https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame but don't use them because you'll be sucked into the Massive Multiplayer Onli... I just realised what forum I was in. Carry on :P

oh? I'm up to IX now and I haven't gotten anything worthwhile from those boxes!:(

Going to be honest with you, i dont actually know how i got the zen. I just know myself and a friend has them, it could be magic :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I was just looking at some gameplay of this looks very good so far, im really looking forward to playing around with he foundry :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played 3 quests or missions or whatever you like to call them last night and they were excellent.
    The foundry on top of whats already a very good MMO makes it great package.
    I just have to laugh at people who stay clear of games like this because they see its F2P , more foo them i say.

The game is a big surprise, I was always going I give it a go as I am big into rpg and loved nvn's 2 . However it was a pleasant surprise when the game play turned out to be as good as it is .

I don't get why people look down on F2P as its the wayforward, it was a smart move by cryptic after the STO launch .

edit/ Logged in there made a guardian looks decent enjoying the feel of the gameplay so far, and the characters are rolling over to the live game ? so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

I can't say I like all these different types of currency. There must be over twenty different types of jewels, coins, tokens, badges etc. It is all a bit confusing initially. I guess they are there for a reason but there has to be a more elegant system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Damn this came out of nowhere. Myself and 4 of my mates are absolutely hooked. I really didn't expect much but the game is just so much damn fun!

The combat is by far the best of any MMO I've played and that includes Tera. The questing is decent, nothing ground breaking (GW2 does it better) but the amount of content is fantastic. Between dungeons, skirmishes and the foundry you never ever get bored and can mix it up as needed. The pvp is great, again there's absolutely nothing new to it but it's just fun as the combat is so good and it's a genuinely legit way of leveling as the xp is quite good.

Am definitely committed to reaching max level and seeing if end game holds up but considering this is so early in it's life I can see it lasting. It seems everyone that tries it has really good things to say and it hasn't been weighed down by the usual hype surrounding a new MMO release which will help!

Like yourself big knox this came out of nowhere but im loving it.
    Combat is just fantastic and way better than anything else out there.
    It goes to show all hype games often mean sweet F all, this game just oozes great gameplay.

Im on Beholder server if anyone wants to add me.

Efioanaes - cleric - my main

and some alts

Thorfin Gemviper -Guardian fighter
    Exocist - Wizard
    Sticky Blades - trickster rogue

As a control wizard I am not mad on the instances, I only really have two spells to cast at the moment as all my CC doesn't work on the bosses. I feel like i'm a hunter back in Molten Core.

I dislike that i can only have 2 character slots on a server, its really stingy.
    But i played with a mate of mine today made a cleric guy just played up to lvl 8 or so was really fun. I find the talent tree's a bit messy and some stuff isnt explained well or at all.

Like i chose some new skill at level 8 which i was unable to place on my hot bar slots, im assuming it works some how like the guardian having the guarding skills active when you guard, but i couldnt see anything to explain :confused:

Its fun though.

My cleric is lvl 39 and i havent had that issue.
    A slight niggle for me with the skills tree is @ 20,30,40 points spent etc you get another set to choose from but you might have to spend 2 or 3 points into something you might never use but apart from that its fine.
    My biggest worry was the zones seemed a little cramped but thankfully as you level up its not much of an issue.
    Played a good bit of my Guardian lastnight and wow the most fun tank class ive ever played.

Yes the guardians at will skills change when you are using guard (block) unlocked as you level, not sure what level it might be lvl 15 or so.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I dislike that i can only have 2 character slots on a server, its really stingy.
    But i played with a mate of mine today made a cleric guy just played up to lvl 8 or so was really fun. I find the talent tree's a bit messy and some stuff isnt explained well or at all.

Like i chose some new skill at level 8 which i was unable to place on my hot bar slots, im assuming it works some how like the guardian having the guarding skills active when you guard, but i couldnt see anything to explain :confused:

Its fun though.

It's a F2P MMO with no entry fee or sub, 2 character slots is absolutely par for the course.

Regarding the skills; At will skills go on M1 + M2. Encounter powers go on Q, E + R. Daily powers go on 1 + 2 and finally class features are the passives skills that slot in beside your encounters. Using Divine power (tab) slightly changes some of the encounters and replaces the at wills but you need Divine power to use them.

In the earlier levels it's possible to put points into a 2nd Daily skill but you won't get access to the 2nd Daily slot until level 18 I think. You will also have multiple encounter powers to swap in and out as needed for healing and DPS.

• Advertisement

Anyone made any foundry stuff yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Played more over the weekend and I am actually really enjoying this game.

CW is really fun to play however I messed up my skills a bit so will eventually need to respec to get more damage out of him.

Think I'll be going tank on my second character but right now I don't feel any need to create one.

I've not even looked at foundry yet. As in making anything. Again, I will eventually but it's not on my to-do list just yet. I look forward to it though.

I played a good dungeon keeper themed foundry quest the other day you help this kobold set up and recruit monsters for his dungeon it was great, Im surprised by how much im enjoying this game considering i never even knew about it before a week or so ago. Currently lvl 25 on my guardian really fun to play.

I played a good dungeon keeper themed foundry quest the other day you help this kobold set up and recruit monsters for his dungeon it was great, Im surprised by how much im enjoying this game considering i never even knew about it before a week or so ago. Currently lvl 25 on my guardian really fun to play.

Yeah I've changed my main to a guardian, most fun tank I've ever played. The foundry content is really starting to move, some amazing missions, great feature with potentially unlimited content for the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

what server are you on dcully? and are you in a guild..and are you still naming yourself after your kids ingame:-) might hook up with ya for a bit of fun

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    what server are you on dcully? and are you in a guild..and are you still naming yourself after your kids ingame:-) might hook up with ya for a bit of fun

Im on Beholder server,

My toons are

Thorfin Gemviper - Guardian

Efioanaes - Cleric

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84529754&postcount=77

Really enjoying the cleric so far, not your standard healing mechanics and takes some time to really find the right skills and abilities to heal the harder dungeons.

The majority of stronger heals aren't evident at first as they are a by product of straight up damage encounter powers and some specific feats are needed to really give them a boost but you can make quite powerful builds once it all clicks.

The one problem so far is healing draws way too much aggro. The vast majority of encounters and bosses have multiple add spawns through-out and you instantly draw all the aggro from these newly spawned adds and it seems impossible to even peel them with a good tank. It's something they need to fix but outside of this I'm really enjoying the class so far.

I jumped into a few dungeons last night it was very fun enjoyed it way more than the dungeons in guildwars 2. Only anoying thing is the amount of knock back skills stop knocking away my gerd derm mob packs !!

I jumped into a few dungeons last night it was very fun enjoyed it way more than the dungeons in guildwars 2. Only anoying thing is the amount of knock back skills stop knocking away my gerd derm mob packs !!

When i'm grouped with another Control Wizard I always tell them to stop using repel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

had a mob get knocked back up onto boxes - making him imune to damage, but with infinite range melee attacks.. joy!

Advertisement