Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neverwinter

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Really enjoying the cleric so far, not your standard healing mechanics and takes some time to really find the right skills and abilities to heal the harder dungeons.

The majority of stronger heals aren't evident at first as they are a by product of straight up damage encounter powers and some specific feats are needed to really give them a boost but you can make quite powerful builds once it all clicks.

The one problem so far is healing draws way too much aggro. The vast majority of encounters and bosses have multiple add spawns through-out and you instantly draw all the aggro from these newly spawned adds and it seems impossible to even peel them with a good tank. It's something they need to fix but outside of this I'm really enjoying the class so far.

The reason i started to lvl my tank was because of the constant agro when i was healing, it became tiresome really quickly.
    I have my tank and cleric at lvl 40 now,ill definitely lvl both to 60 and maybe a couple more because the combat is just so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

As much as I love this game, There is some serious issues with it that need resolving.

It may not be pay to win, But it is pay to get better faster. Someone can spend a load of money on the game and buy max level and the best gear possible along with a faster mount while someone who doesn't pay must grind endgame dungeons for loot to sell in order to either convert to zen and buy from the zen store or buy better gear on the AH.

110% Speed mounts are overpriced. You either spend €30 on the fastest mount or 2.8 million astral diamonds to upgrade your 5 gold horse to a 110% speed version. This converts to 7700 zen(About €70).

The best companion by a long shot is the cat, It costs almost 1 million astral diamonds or about €25. Those companions you get for free? Yea they stop leveling at 15 and are useless in endgame.

Matchmaking is broken, You spend half an hour queueing for a dungeon only to be put in a group with no healer or tank and 3 rogues or the queue glitching and doesn't teleport you to the instance(And when this occurs you must relog to leave the party as it is impossible otherwise). Lets say you get a decent group together but someone leaves.. Now you must spend the next half an hour kicking each person that joins(How annoying would that be to them?!) until someone comes along with the right class to fill the vacant spot. Why introduce a match making system without allowing for role specification? If I need a tank why can I not specify so without kicking 50 dps before I get one.

Tanking is broken. Tanks can not control adds as they can taunt a max of 5 enemies at any given time(No endboss fight has anything near 5 enemies) and they fail at holding aggro from a cleric. The solution? Replace the tank with a cleric, 2 clerics = 2 divine astral shields. Stack these and now you are near invincible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I don't get why people care if people can pay for stuff like mounts? It's their choice, you can do the exact same if you want to.

n1ck wrote: »
    I don't get why people care if people can pay for stuff like mounts? It's their choice, you can do the exact same if you want to.

I don't care if someone pays for a cool mount.
    I don't care if they sell cool mounts for large sums of money.
    I do care if someone is moving at 275% the speed of my mount simply because I can not afford to pay the €30 it costs to be on a level playing field. In a pvp match this speed increase gives you a huge advantage in a game that is supposedly not pay to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

n1ck wrote: »
    When i'm grouped with another Control Wizard I always tell them to stop using repel!

I didn't even spec repel. Didn't feel the need to. CW with tank companion means nothing ever gets close to me.

I started my tank yesterday. Only did a few levels cause I didn't have time to do much with my control wizard. I really liked the tank though. I could see it being a lot of fun!

One thing folks, don't forget it's still in open beta. There are plenty of bugs to be worked out but it's still very early early days for the game yet!

• Advertisement

Tanking is broken. Tanks can not control adds as they can taunt a max of 5 enemies at any given time(No endboss fight has anything near 5 enemies) and they fail at holding aggro from a cleric. The solution? Replace the tank with a cleric, 2 clerics = 2 divine astral shields. Stack these and now you are near invincible.

Im not so sure if tanking or broken not, quite a few people who have been into the game a lot longer than me are saying tanking is fine and as the devs intended and its more a case of aoe heals pulling too much agro?
    The also say tanking is not just a matter of threat and pulling every mob onto the tank to be just nuked in group.
    Im relatively new to the game so i cannot comment if this is true but what im seeing in dungeons it does play out along the lines they say.

Theres a thread on the tanking forum from some guild who are deeply involved from the beginning of the beta`s and they say the roles are along the lines of

Tank - takes boss,mini bosses,basically the toughest mobs

Rogue - switching from tanks targets to adds giving cleric hassle

Wizard - adds before anything else then focus boss

Cleric - Healer

The two cleric thingy you mentioned is a major concern for sure if true.
    Ive had no issues with matchmaking, then again ive only done runs with tank or healer and its been close to an instant pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »
    Im not so sure if tanking or broken not, quite a few people who have been into the game a lot longer than me are saying tanking is fine and as the devs intended and its more a case of aoe heals pulling too much agro?
    The also say tanking is not just a matter of threat and pulling every mob onto the tank to be just nuked in group.
    Im relatively new to the game so i cannot comment if this is true but what im seeing in dungeons it does play out along the lines they say.

Theres a thread on the tanking forum from some guild who are deeply involved from the beginning of the beta`s and they say the roles are along the lines of

Tank - takes boss,mini bosses,basically the toughest mobs

Rogue - switching from tanks targets to adds giving cleric hassle

Wizard - adds before anything else then focus boss

Cleric - Healer

The two cleric thingy you mentioned is a major concern for sure if true.
    Ive had no issues with matchmaking, then again ive only done runs with tank or healer and its been close to an instant pop.

Actually at the moment in a lot of cases it's often better for a rogue to tank the boss and get the tank to do his best to pull aggro from the cleric (which in most cases isn't a lot).

They need to fix the threat from healing though, it's fair enough pulling new mob spawns from heals as it's expected but there's something inherently wrong when a tank can't pull the mobs from the cleric when he tries.

At the moment healing as a cleric is basically main tanking / healing which has to be done while kiting constantly. I won't lie and will admit I'm enjoying the challenge it brings as it can be done but they need to fix it as double cleric is so much better than bringing a tank atm.

Yes your correct about the rogue on main boss, ive just being reading that this evening actually.
    Its mainly for T2 i hear?

Im only lvl 48 on my guardian and i must say its a more fun with 20+ mobs on me than me having to just worry about the boss.

Major exploit was introduced to the masses today that has resulted in who knows how many billions of AD being introduced to the market. The auction house no longer has any buyable items left(Well, None that were worth anything) due to the glitch and the Zen market is empty as well with nearly 1 million Zen being requested for the maximum value(500 - Note that the Zen/AD price was 390 last night).

Either Cryptic roll back the servers at least 24 hours or this game is done.

http://i.imgur.com/2GSjevz.png

Overreaction? No. Every item on the auction house is now like this... That -100 million ad bid? Yea, The person who did that is now 100 million AD richer.

And all this after I made bank legit as well:(

Edit: I just sold a nightmare mount for 65 million AD...

Major exploit was introduced to the masses today that has resulted in who knows how many billions of AD being introduced to the market. The auction house no longer has any buyable items left(Well, None that were worth anything) due to the glitch and the Zen market is empty as well with nearly 1 million Zen being requested for the maximum value(500 - Note that the Zen/AD price was 390 last night).

Either Cryptic roll back the servers at least 24 hours or this game is done.

http://i.imgur.com/2GSjevz.png

Overreaction? No. Every item on the auction house is now like this... That -100 million ad bid? Yea, The person who did that is now 100 million AD richer.

And all this after I made bank legit as well:(

Edit: I just sold a nightmare mount for 65 million AD...

What a disaster, if they don't roll back the servers I highly doubht I will continue playing. I've just hit 60 and started the gearing process and not only does this give players who used the exploit an insane advantage it will also massively drive up the price of everything else. I can't see how the economy can recover from this...

• Advertisement

That's horrible.
    I've not been online in 2-3 days but I was looking forward to getting back soon. I really hope they roll back to fix this.

Edit: According to an update on their forums, they are rolling back a 7 hour period to just before the exploit.

As much as i love the combat and the leveling experience the game has too many issues to continue playing right now,ill get back to it if things are addressed,meanwhile im enjoying rift and expansion a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Was in a party for the Dungeon Delves event & we were on the Epic Spellplague Caverns Boss fight. On the last stage the rest of my party was killed. So began over 30 minutes of running around in circles away from the ads & using Stealth, Lashing blade & Shocking Execution to damage the Boss & eventually kill him. It was crazy!!! The video is the last couple mins. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Installed this out of curiosity during the week and I have to say I'm well impressed, especially for a F2P, I'd pretty much given up on MMOs the last few years. I sometimes use the odd scroll to have a look at WoW again when they come about but would generally quit out of boredom after a few hours.

The game's not the best looking graphically by any means but the gameplay is spot on. Their doesn't seem to by any kind of a grind to the quests which is a huge improvement on the myriad of other MMOs I've played. I'm surprised it hasn't been getting more attention.

Installed this out of curiosity during the week and I have to say I'm well impressed, especially for a F2P, I'd pretty much given up on MMOs the last few years. I sometimes use the odd scroll to have a look at WoW again when they come about but would generally quit out of boredom after a few hours.

The game's not the best looking graphically by any means but the gameplay is spot on. Their doesn't seem to by any kind of a grind to the quests which is a huge improvement on the myriad of other MMOs I've played. I'm surprised it hasn't been getting more attention.

Its good, combat is excellent but it needs a lot of work.
    This becomes more evident when you get to max lvl.

I will definitely be playing more when its sorted but meanwhile rift has my attention in a big way,it has an insane amount of content for every level and its going F2P on June 12th,highly recommended!

They have finally come out and said they are working on class balance issues. Starting with fixing broken abilities and moving onto a rebalance of the Guardian Fighter.

Dungeons are fun at max level and there's enough content to keep you busy for a few weeks at least, however if you know what you're doing it is quite easy to gear up quickly through the AH.

It is still very good for a F2P game this early in its development and it has the best combat in the business that actually works well in a dungeon setting but as stated it does still need a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Only started playing this this week, and have to say, I am enjoying it a lot. Theres too many currencies in the game though for me, and tbh, I only really understand 2 so far.(astral diamonds and gold).

The combat is good, pretty much the same style as Diablo 3. Nice and fast also(playing as a trickster rogue). And the quests are enjoyable. The voice acting is a bit crap at times however.

Delved into the Foundry a bit and played a few quests that other people have made, great addition to a mmo.

Only lvl 19 so far, but I can see myself maxing a char or two on this. After a 4 year stint in WoW, I dont really have the patience,time or energy to look into end game play.

Anyone wrote: »
    Only started playing this this week, and have to say, I am enjoying it a lot. Theres too many currencies in the game though for me, and tbh, I only really understand 2 so far.(astral diamonds and gold).

The combat is good, pretty much the same style as Diablo 3. Nice and fast also(playing as a trickster rogue). And the quests are enjoyable. The voice acting is a bit crap at times however.

Delved into the Foundry a bit and played a few quests that other people have made, great addition to a mmo.

Only lvl 19 so far, but I can see myself maxing a char or two on this. After a 4 year stint in WoW, I dont really have the patience,time or energy to look into end game play.

If you're not into endgame content or raiding then you will no doubt enjoy neverwinter, the combat is the best in the business and while the areas are very linear leveling is still fun and the classes are all quite good.

Endgame is very shallow however and the game is designed to punish you for not paying for certain things with real money, even the last few levels get very difficulty if solo.

If you haven't already tried it I would strongly recommend Guild Wars 2. It's a fantastic game and has the best levelling experience in the genre by far, again end game is a bit let down but I would recommend it if you are just looking to level a few characters and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Endgame is very shallow however and the game is designed to punish you for not paying for certain things with real money, even the last few levels get very difficulty if solo.

Jesus this concept is even worse than traditional korean grindfest one. Now you have real money involved.

When will devs eventually start producing any decent ideas for mmorpg's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Anyone still playing this? I was considering giving it a go and was wondering if enough issues have been addressed to make it worthwhile.

• Advertisement

I agree i thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Guardian.

Nice timing with the chorus btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Still playing? Hell yes, got it a few days ago and been having an absolute BLAST with my disgusting CC-Wombo-Combo Guardian.

Combat is definitely a lot of fun (Similar to why I enjoyed Tera, another FTP MMO that was flawed but quite fun) but Neverwinters simplistic style and fun combat means I've been thoroughly enjoying it.

(NOTE: I don't usually use said type of music in my vids - But considering the Chorus - Well, you'll see it's appropriate).

absolute tune!!

Just downloaded this again. I had a 25 CW before I quit last time and I'm still trying to figure out why I left.
    I'm pretty sure another game came out I wanted to try.. Rift maybe? Dunno.
    Meh, will see how I get on this time around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just started playing this yesterday, seems cool, im enjoying it.

anyone still playing, i rolled a scourge warlock.

Advertisement