Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move on or try to make it work

Options
  • 09-02-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Been trying to work through a few issues with staff, when staff were asked to suggest some solutions, the response back was well your the boss that's your job. The only solution suggested was a new manager.

Is it time to move on or try to work with it?

Can people with this mindset be turned around or am I just wasting my time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

What are the issues? Bit hard for folks to give advice on such a broad question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

OP: if you're getting responses such as the ones you mentioned, chances are that your staff's life priorities are well beyond their jobs. In that case, tell them to find problems every day in their work and report them to you.

UCD does some type of research into team dynamics and psychology related to work, so I guess they would be a decent contact for resolving your problem.

Advertisement