Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Cost for Scooter

Options
  • 09-02-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hey guys Im turning 16 in the summer and was wondering what would be the cost of insurance for lets say a 45cc scooter ? It would be on a provisional license while Im 16 years old .. Also was wondering what are the insurance prices on 125cc bikes? I was thinking of getting the other motorcycle license at 16 .. but I heard the insurance is high .. My friend apparently got quotes of 1700 for a 125cc Honda NSR .. So what would you be paying in insurance for a provisional driver at 16 for a 45cc or 125cc bike? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Tomorrow morning, call the insurance companies and you will have your answer.

we can't give you a figure, as we do not work for the insurance companies.

If I was you, I would start with Liberty Insurance.

Good Luck, and don't forget to do your IBT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Hey Yall wrote: »
    Hey guys Im turning 16 in the summer and was wondering what would be the cost of insurance for lets say a 45cc scooter ? It would be on a provisional license while Im 16 years old .. Also was wondering what are the insurance prices on 125cc bikes? I was thinking of getting the other motorcycle license at 16 .. but I heard the insurance is high .. My friend apparently got quotes of 1700 for a 125cc Honda NSR .. So what would you be paying in insurance for a provisional driver at 16 for a 45cc or 125cc bike? Thanks

Hey yall even at €1700 for a NSR is very good they are a high risk bike.

My 1st insurance was £1958punt on a brand new 50cc Piaggio NRG.
    When in the Euro I was on a 250cc Yamaha FZR and it was €2550.

I was fortunate that the normal test applied back in 2004 and done my test and passed 1st time.

You should start on a 50cc and work your way up.

Please take this advice though be careful and dont think your the cheese on the bike, don't try and show off and please watch out for the other road users that will just look straight through you and I mean they will look your way and the brain does not register because you are not in a car they will not see the smaller objects(push bike and motorbike).

Also one major thing that use to be a very big problem was fuel spills and when it rained after a dry spell I know hard to believe it been dry in Ireland:D.

Anyone that tells you they never came of a bike is'nt a proper rider because it will and does happen to the best of us.

Advertisement