Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calgary 2013 Chit/Chat/Travel Advice READ

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

look it up on Google:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

cheeky pup :/

well i am hardly going to give my contacts away am i :p

seems calgary is starting to get warmer each day:D:D

Temperature: 3 °C
    Comfort Level: 0 °C
    Dew point: -7 °C
    Pressure: 1022 millibars
    Humidity: 48%
    Visibility: 48 km
    Wind: 13 km/h from 310° Northwest
    Last update: Sun 08:00 MDT

Myself and wasterex arrive the 16th in Calgary and possiblely gary27 and lostonehelpme..
    Martyn ya up for a few scoops and we head here after??:D https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151557570803092&set=oa.162637740557418&type=1&theater
    Gonna be some craic:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Do any of yous know a site where you can check the prices of stuff in calgary or anywhere. Like how much is a pint and a packet of fags?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

m.j.w wrote: »
    Do any of yous know a site where you can check the prices of stuff in calgary or anywhere. Like how much is a pint and a packet of fags?

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Canada&city=Calgary

down at bottom of page who can select the different sub sections for Calgary;
    More about Calgary:
    Cost of Living | Crime | Food Prices | Gas Prices | Health Care | Hotel Prices | Pollution | Property Prices | Quality of Life | Taxi Fare | Traffic

fooking great gary thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

Bags packed ready for road in the morning:)

wow nice one mate ya must be nervous:D

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    wow nice one mate ya must be nervous:D
    Just want to be on the road now more than anything nothing to do now for the rest of the day just drinking tae waiting :)

bejezus:D all the best with it mate anyway:D sure it will be grand:D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

makita wrote: »
    Bags packed ready for road in the morning:)

at least the snow and cold weather here, gives you an idea of what it will be like there in March :D best of luck.

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    bejezus:D all the best with it mate anyway:D sure it will be grand:D
    Sound, I'll be posting my first impressions anyway and will put up about the best deals I find with banks and phones etc

Sound, I'll be posting my first impressions anyway and will put up about the best deals I find with banks and phones etc

Got stuff mate i look forward to reading that:D

Well Jealous mate, enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Is there a few of yous going over or are you on your own? Will be interesting to hear how you get on!! Did you just book a hostel for the first week or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coulagh1986

m.j.w wrote: »
    Is there a few of yous going over or are you on your own? Will be interesting to hear how you get on!! Did you just book a hostel for the first week or anything?

Wicked or HI or the only 2 hostels in Calgary. About $200 a week. I stayed in Wicked. Great way to meet people and in my case a Canadian lad staying there got me a job to get started. Was also a few sound Irish lads there. Also a few Irish Knobs aswell.

Yeah I'm going solo and staying in hostel as I know a few who stayed there and loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

wahoo! got my POE this morning! Let the countdown begin :D

• Advertisement

Nice one Brian :D Did the girlf get hers? Also have you told Antomus yet?!?! :O!!

No she did hers a day after me so not expecting her to get it till tomorrow. Antomus is heartbroken! (Not really. Cant wait for me to fúck off so he can have the house to himself) :pac:

7ofBrian wrote: »
    No she did hers a day after me so not expecting her to get it till tomorrow. Antomus is heartbroken! (Not really. Cant wait for me to fúck off so he can have the house to himself) :pac:

Hopefully hers does come tomorrow :)

I can just imagine him doing a Tom Cruise when you go!!!! :P

tom cruise?

tom cruise?

Indeed. Possibly something like this Oprah moment:

but more likely this Risky Business scene!:

Oh Good God thats a frightening thought!

Oh Good God thats a frightening thought!

Just a bit, especially if he does the latter in a Superman cape!!!!

First impressions after arriving last night. Calgary is its a great city with friendly people, it isn't near as cold as what I was expecting was walking around in a t shirt all day today but it's ment to get cold for the next few days. I got my sin first thing this morning which is only a few mins walk from hi hostel, and went with cibc bank who were most pleasent, they give you the ATM card there and then set up my Internet banking as well. I'm still searching to see who is the best mobile network, they seem dear enough so far(also you must pay for incoming calls) so that's 1 to watch out for on deals. Jobs are plentiful here starting a job Friday morning after getting a few tools tomorrow. One last thing is speak slower or they won't have a clue what your saying had a few look at me today as if I had 2 heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

First impressions after arriving last night. Calgary is its a great city with friendly people, it isn't near as cold as what I was expecting was walking around in a t shirt all day today but it's ment to get cold for the next few days. I got my sin first thing this morning which is only a few mins walk from hi hostel, and went with cibc bank who were most pleasent, they give you the ATM card there and then set up my Internet banking as well. I'm still searching to see who is the best mobile network, they seem dear enough so far(also you must pay for incoming calls) so that's 1 to watch out for on deals. Jobs are plentiful here starting a job Friday morning after getting a few tools tomorrow. One last thing is speak slower or they won't have a clue what your saying had a few look at me today as if I had 2 heads.
    Lol it's warmer today then it has been, this weekend you'll see the snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Hey Makita, did you have a job sorted before you went over or did you just get one? :D Hope all stays good for ya!

Advertisement