Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying North American games in Ireland

• 09-02-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to buy North American region games in Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can get physical copies from ebay, playasia or videogamesplus.ca

For digital you'll need a US account which is easy to set up. If your card doesn't work on it then buy US points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Was going to suggest videogamesplus.ca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can get physical copies from ebay, playasia or videogamesplus.ca

For digital you'll need a US account which is easy to set up. If your card doesn't work on it then buy US points.

Actually, pretty curious about something. If one were to download a PS2 Classic from the US PSN, would there be any issue on an EU PS3?

I'm looking for an excuse to play Psychonauts again, and not particularly bothered about the reported sync issues, or the slightly nerfed Meat Circus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Actually, pretty curious about something. If one were to download a PS2 Classic from the US PSN, would there be any issue on an EU PS3?

I'm looking for an excuse to play Psychonauts again, and not particularly bothered about the reported sync issues, or the slightly nerfed Meat Circus.

It should work fine as far as I know. What you might have to do is buy US PSN credit rather than just paying by credit card though. Just set up a US account.

danthefan wrote: »
    It should work fine as far as I know. What you might have to do is buy US PSN credit rather than just paying by credit card though. Just set up a US account.

Wouldn't the Paypal option on the Sony Online Store negate the need?

If not, where's the handiest the pick up US PSN credit? I know Amazon US have cracked down on it to some degree, ensuring you need a US credit card to download it. Gamestop US and Best Buy pulled something similar, I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wouldn't the Paypal option on the Sony Online Store negate the need?

Yeah, tried that myself Thursday, got an e-mail from Paypal saying they sent an application to Sony but I still have to get anything. Not charged yet but still a pain waiting. Most likely it will clear once the PS1 Final Fantasy games are back to full price on the US PSN :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've had EU games not work on my US PS3 but only when I had a RGB scart cable, the US PS3 can't do PAL resolutions in SD. Once I got a HDMI cable it was fine. I'm pretty sure no such problems exist for EU consoles.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah, tried that myself Thursday, got an e-mail from Paypal saying they sent an application to Sony but I still have to get anything. Not charged yet but still a pain waiting. Most likely it will clear once the PS1 Final Fantasy games are back to full price on the US PSN :rolleyes:

Bumping outta curiosity, did it work in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bumping outta curiosity, did it work in the end?

Still no word, have to wait, think the FF sale ends later today ;)

No action on my Paypal or PSN accounts, kinda sad as its far better value for PSP games there yet I dont want to buy the massively inflated PSN cards online :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Did any of you just try your credit card on the US PSN? Without any of this paypal messing about.

My VISA works with no issues, but I know Mastercard doesn't work for everyone.

You just need to give your CC a US zip code - I put in my normal address up to zip code where I put in 90210 - it works.

Advertisement