Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JobSharer not pulling weight

Options
  • 09-02-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I work in a jobsharing capacity; I work 2 days, the other person 3. This person constantly leaves work over for me to complete and our office is constantly in arrears getting stuff out due to that person's slackness. I have spoken to the boss and I have suggested swapping days/tasks to no avail. Today I finally found out that this person is doing other work for a third party during office hours. Do I approach the colleague to say I now know what's going on? Or do I present the evidence to the boss?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

I work in a jobsharing capacity; I work 2 days, the other person 3. This person constantly leaves work over for me to complete and our office is constantly in arrears getting stuff out due to that person's slackness. I have spoken to the boss and I have suggested swapping days/tasks to no avail. Today I finally found out that this person is doing other work for a third party during office hours. Do I approach the colleague to say I now know what's going on? Or do I present the evidence to the boss?

take a month's sick leave and make your boss and the slacker work it out

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

I would be fuming if with were you. Ho did you find this information out? Is there any way you could tell your boss that there is too much work to be completed by you both and mention the other work in a way you assumed it was commissioned by your boss (accidentally letting he cat out of the bag)?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for your replies, folks. I actually did consider sick leave before Christmas. I feel quite stressed over the sharer's (person X) behaviour. As mentioned, I have already spoken to the boss and he spoke to X about it, without mentioning me. The thing is, when X is on holidays I can complete all the work well within the 5 days. Yesterdays new "evidence" has put the tin hat on it, so to speak. It was a Word document left on the Desktop, which showed who wrote it and when. So basically I'm wondering should I present it on a plate, or let X know that I know. I have a very good relationship with my boss; privately he wants to get rid of X. At the same time, while I would not feel guilty about landing X in it I do not want to come across as a squealer/moaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So basically I'm wondering should I present it on a plate, or let X know that I know. I have a very good relationship with my boss; privately he wants to get rid of X.
    Get rid of X without them knowing it was you would be best. Let the boss know, in case X is using office supplied/equipment to further X's work with the 3rd party.

Advertisement