Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton v City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

What was Barry at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

City seem to be the new Liverpool but not in a good way (for them!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Between that and Hart's mistake, you'd wonder about match fixing claims :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That kind of defending isn't far off Zagreb v Lyon sort of force

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

BARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Watching on a stream, assumed it was two each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

City just don't seem to be on the ball at all today. Not that I'm complaining :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

What is Clichy at at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Southampton playing fantastic football.

Milner for Nasri.

Honestly can see City scoring because of the hear amount of attacking soton are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

City look like they're happy with their one title. The look like they don't have the hunger to bother about going for more!

Good stop Boruc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

City being put under serious pressure at times.Looking dodgy at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just a thread for United fans to gloat, sad.
    Erm, no.....
    Yep I put the mortgage on City to win now if I had one. 3-1 and it may have been different
    Bet you're glad now you've no mortgage!!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

So did I. PM me a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

City don't look up for this at all, so stagnant in midfield and their defending is comical.

• Advertisement

"Schneiderlin" - great name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So did I. PM me a link?

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Sorry.. :pac:

That's the example of the squad I'm talking about. They spent a fortune on this squad, go 3-1 down in a match and can only bring on two defenders and James Milner. Crazy situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

That's the example of the squad I'm talking about. They spent a fortune on this squad, go 3-1 down in a match and can only bring on two defenders and James Milner. Crazy situation.

How many strikers has Mancini just given away?

Quite a few, admittedly a lot of them were ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's ten past three in Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong, and at the moment it's a very happy Chinese New Year for me at the moment, if it stays the same in the City game and United win tomorrow night I'll be a happy camper, hope you's are enjoying the game. Here's hoping Southampton can hold put.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    How many strikers has Mancini just given away?

Quite a few, admittedly a lot of them were ****e.

It's not just strikers though. On the wings they could maybe bring on Scot Sinclair and after that, they're thin on the ground. I just feel that they could have waited around and gotten more bang for their buck than paying huge amounts for the likes of Milner, Nasri, Balotelli, Dzeko etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Are city down to 9 men?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hats off to Southampton, they have City run ragged at the end of the game.

Nailz wrote: »
    It's ten past three in Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong, and at the moment it's a very happy Chinese New Year for me at the moment, if it stays the same in the City game and United win tomorrow night I'll be a happy camper, hope you's are enjoying the game. Here's hoping Southampton can hold put.

I thought you were going to Bangkok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Nowt wrong with Dzeko or Milner imo. Nasri, on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

G.K. wrote: »
    Nowt wrong with Dzeko or Milner imo. Nasri, on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired.
    The problem is the money the cost. Don't think they're worth near £55m between them, and Dzeko is probably on around £160k/week and Milner on maybe around £90k

Southampton have had some great moves.

Anyone else having trouble with Boards.ie tonight?

Not necessarily saying that they're bad players in the grand scheme of things. But it's all relative. If I'm spending that much on players, I'm not buying those lads, unless I'm getting a good deal which wasn't the case for either player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Joe Hart said the title race was over if they didn't beat Southampton. Wonder what Mancini will say.

• Advertisement

Typical of a player sold by Arsenal tbh, rare they perform as well as they did for a season or 2 while at Arsenal.

Joe Hart said the title race was over if they didn't beat Southampton. Wonder what Mancini will say.

I think he'll either say its over or it's over if United win tomorrow.

That writing on the back wall...

Did I miss an injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

You need two goals at Southampton in injury time?

van_persie2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Thanks Saints. From the Devils!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Still a long way to go. Could see Everton beating us tomorrow, and United threw away the same lead last season. It's Utd's to lose, but I wouldn't be uncorking the champagne for a while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Still a long way to go. Could see Everton beating us tomorrow, and United threw away the same lead last season. It's Utd's to lose, but I wouldn't be uncorking the champagne for a while yet.

Very true. Nothing won it just gives us better chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Gonna do a Xavi6 on it and only comment when the result goes my way :)

Thanks saints :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

F*ck me what a load of ring that was. And here was I looking forward to the period when United had to play Champions League as well as EPL. Still optimistic we can bring it back but United will have to lose at least twice in their next 5 games for anything decent to happen towards the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Composed finish, and a cool celebration.

50mmo3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Worth pointing out that United's next game after the Everton match is on the 23rd away to Q.P.R. City play the next day against Chelsea at home.

If United win those next two games they will be 15 points clear before City play Chelsea.

''These things happen''...... The ESPN presenter on Harte's mistake

What a cop out

Blatter wrote: »
    ''These things happen''...... The ESPN presenter on Harte's mistake.

What a cop out

It's actually pretty annoying the difference in narrative between Hart and De Gea and it has been like that since De Gea first moved to England.

I know I must sound like a broken record saying that but it doesn't stop it from being true.

John Barnes with some good analysis today, actually. I was impressed with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

wnolan1992 wrote: »

I would, as there is no way Man Utd are going to lose the title now. City are in a nose dive IMO and Man Utd can afford to lose 3 games and still win the title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Mancini should get the door.

His transfer dealings over the last year were pretty appalling.

TheComeUp wrote: »
    F*ck me what a load of ring that was. And here was I looking forward to the period when United had to play Champions League as well as EPL. Still optimistic we can bring it back but United will have to lose at least twice in their next 5 games for anything decent to happen towards the end of the year.

For the neutral or a non Man Utd supporter it makes the league so dull and predictable. Mancini has a team of overpaid players who could not care less. A good possibility of City finishing outside the top 4, and that opinion not just on today's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gonna do a Xavi6 on it and only comment when the result goes my way :)

Thanks saints :D:D:D:D:D

Awww a call out? I'm flattered :o<3

God forbid I be too busy to post in the match thread :eek: But you're right, for the past ten years I've only posted when City win which is why my post count has only really rocketed in the last four years.

Thoughts going in the superthread if you *really* care what I think, but I doubt it :)

djPSB wrote: »
    Mancini should get the door.

His transfer dealings over the last year were pretty appalling.

Why not give Sinclair a run or Rodwell. Aguero not on form this season, so why play him in every game. Getting rid of de Jong, why? Clueless at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Awww a call out? I'm flattered :o<3

God forbid I be too busy to post in the match thread :eek: But you're right, for the past ten years I've only posted when City win which is why my post count has only really rocketed in the last four years.

Thoughts going in the superthread if you *really* care what I think, but I doubt it :)

Haha.

Nah I've noticed you never comment when Utd go behind, you leave it til they are certain they have dropped points to avoid posters coming back and rubbing your nose in it. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement