Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillwalking on Saturdays?

Options
  • 09-02-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm originally from Kerry but now live in Dublin. Am down regularly at weekends and would love to get out in the hills, however all the hill walking clubs go out on Sundays which is difficult when you've to drive back east.

I know the obvious solution is to move down! Failing that, does anybody know any groups that go out on Saturdays or have any advice?

Many thanks!

Comments

Head out a lot myself, but never in a group and usually alone, I like the 7 or 8 hour treks with few stops which isn't for everyone, so can't really recommend any group. If travelling from Dublin you are probably better off looking at the ones around Killarney or the Dingle Peninsula rather than any of the ones back the Iveragh and Beara peninsulas, cos that would add an hour or 2 to any journey. You could come via Cork and try the Paps or Mangertons. Or make a beeline for Cronins Yard and you're in the heart of the Reeks. Via Limerick and Tralee and you can consider Caherconree or Mt. Brandon or the peaks in the middle of the Dingle peninsula. If you want any route suggestions for Reeks or Mangertons, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Hey i was not able to start new thread but here is my problem i recently failed my mountain skills assesment and need it to go on in college, there is a repeat in the summer but cant wait that long, im looking for someone to go out on the hills with and do it again and try sign me off, i have the log book completed.

Advertisement