Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Cat/Kitten turned up on my door.

• 09-02-2013 7:32pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was going to put this into the lost and found thread, but decided against it after doing some checking with neighbours.

Two days ago in the late evening i heard the "cries" of a cat. Short, fast, and constant meow's. I knew it was in the trees/hedge behind my house, but took little notice as some of the neighbours have cats, and assumed it was one of their cats.

Yeasterday i went out with my dogs, in the back garden, and the cat was there. Just outside the back door. It's not really a kitten, but far too small to be a fully grown cat. I brought the dogs in, and left the cat thinking it would go away. Few hours later i let the dogs out, and they seent he cat at the gate. I thought if they ran for it that the cat is only a few feet from the gate, and would easily "get away". However it seen the dogs, and came running down towards them.

My dogs are a Jack Russel, and Rottie. Neither are vicious, but i use the Jack Russel for outdoor pursuits, and the cat running only made him chase. Of course the Rottie very quickly joined in.

I called them in again so no harm would come to the cat, and got up this morning to find the cat asleep near the fuel tank. It won't go away, and the dogs are going nuts to get out to it. So i took a drive asking everyone within a couple of miles if they are missing a cat. None are.

When i got back it seemed to be gone, but when i let the dogs out again they ran to the jeep, and the cat came out to "greet" them again. At first the smell it, "play" with it, and generally consider it a novelty. However even if they were not intent on harming it they play a lot rougher, and the cat seems "weak".

Now i'm not fond of cats AT ALL. So here is my question. What do i do? ISPCA? Anyone know of a shelter or someone in Laois that i could contact. I would sooner someone takes responsibility for it, because if i cannot find it a place to go then i need to remove it form my property for my own sanity, and that of my dogs.

Any help appreciated.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

Advertisement