Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Feedback

• 09-02-2013 7:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

I'm new to this forum but I want to give some feedback after a couple of weeks of reading. There appears to be an acceptance of abuse in this forum, as we can see from the posts I've highlighted below, particularly towards the Chelsea manager. There appears to be no provision in the charter yet according to boards rules;
    You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to:defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights

The level of abuse below is sickening to be frank and it needs to stop before it spirals out of control as the vitriol aimed at certain figures within the game of football is just completely unacceptable.

No Cameron for Stoke and NO MATA for **** sake Benitez you dick! not going well already ha!
    When will the fat waiter realise that Chelsea are nothing without Mata!

I hope they lose, as they did before when Mata was left out.
    manual_man wrote: »
    Mata on the bench. fúck youuuuuuuuuu Benitez
    Come on Giroud do something you donkey
    Devia wrote: »
    puncheon on the bench. Would have come on for Mata if that fat moron hadn't brought him on.

Nice arsewipe goal celebreation though.
    Cos Benitez is a fool
    I think it's time to get rid of ba , Iv being patient enough and Benitez is too much of an idiot to have him first choice.

Slattsy wrote: »
    **** you Rafa, **** you.
    You ****ing fat Spanish waiter.
    CSF wrote: »
    I'm out. **** you Rafa.
    ah here feck off. what a muppet Rafa is. transfer sorted for next gw so!
    zerks wrote: »
    Ba off,fcuk you Rafa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

ah sure it's only a bit of craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

No seriously he's right though, all this abuse is uncalled for, anytime I've been served by a Spanish waiter, the service has been very good and punctual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Seriously this has to be troll .
    RafaTheGreat1 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

He has a point, in the soccer forum those are cardable offences. But of course this isn't the soccer forum!

I don't think this forum gets much moderation at all, there's so much activity on match days that childish outbursts just get a pass. Don't mind either way, I doubt anyone takes it seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

I got a yellow card before on the soccer forum for calling Rafa a 'fat waiter'. How pathetic does someone have to be to report that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I'll give you a generous 6/10 OP for the troll attempt. Don't worry, if you've had a bad gameweek, there's always the next one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm new to this forum but I want to give some feedback after a couple of weeks of reading. There appears to be an acceptance of abuse in this forum, as we can see from the posts I've highlighted below, particularly towards the Chelsea manager. There appears to be no provision in the charter yet according to boards rules;

The level of abuse below is sickening to be frank and it needs to stop before it spirals out of control as the vitriol aimed at certain figures within the game of football is just completely unacceptable.

Yeah and I'm the Prime Minister of France. Take a hike kid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

donotfeedthetroll.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

PM the mods.......and Rafa is a fat Spanish whatever he is for leaving Mata out today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My issue with this forum is that it's very very heavily weighted towards Fantasy Premier League to the detriment of other Fantasy leagues on Boards.

Now I fully accept the point that it is the biggest fantasy game played, probably by a good way, but I think the amount of threads is having an effect.

Take fantasy baseball for instance. The baseball forum on Boards has a terrific league, highly competitive and heavy on participation. The nature of the sport means that it requires you setting up your team daily, and there are much more statistics that can score points than in soccer.

However, any attempt to set up threads for fantasy baseball here, in the fantasy sports arena forum, clearly the most appropriate one, has been met with mixed reaction with the result of the threads not getting attention and returning to the baseball forum. And that's not the only one on Boards it's happened to.

Why don't we just have this as a FPL forum? I mean it essentially is at this stage. Then let other sports continue with threads in their own forum as usual?

I think it's a farce that this is an all sports fantasy forum. Either a) moderators start forcefully closing fantasy threads in other forums and insisting they move here, or b) make this a FPL or soccer-related fantasy forum only. How would we make that happen? (I prefer option b)

Anyone else notice this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Forum needs more arguments. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one even trying.

8-10 wrote: »
    My issue with this forum is that it's very very heavily weighted towards Fantasy Premier League to the detriment of other Fantasy leagues on Boards.

Now I fully accept the point that it is the biggest fantasy game played, probably by a good way, but I think the amount of threads is having an effect.

Take fantasy baseball for instance. The baseball forum on Boards has a terrific league, highly competitive and heavy on participation. The nature of the sport means that it requires you setting up your team daily, and there are much more statistics that can score points than in soccer.

However, any attempt to set up threads for fantasy baseball here, in the fantasy sports arena forum, clearly the most appropriate one, has been met with mixed reaction with the result of the threads not getting attention and returning to the baseball forum. And that's not the only one on Boards it's happened to.

Why don't we just have this as a FPL forum? I mean it essentially is at this stage. Then let other sports continue with threads in their own forum as usual?

I think it's a farce that this is an all sports fantasy forum. Either a) moderators start forcefully closing fantasy threads in other forums and insisting they move here, or b) make this a FPL or soccer-related fantasy forum only. How would we make that happen? (I prefer option b)

Anyone else notice this?

Poster's dictate content,content here seems to be FPL based but that is due to the level of folk playing the game.
    If there is not big interest in other fantasy games there is not much can be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

The level of abuse below is sickening

iNc3fEN8JFBce.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

8-10 wrote: »

Anyone else notice this?

There was a massively supported request for an FPL-only forum, one of the biggest forum request threads I've seen. You can read it here.

You can make up your own mind based on that thread. In any case it's in the past and I don't think dragging the discussion up again will yield any positive results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

OctavarIan wrote: »
    There was a massively supported request for an FPL-only forum, one of the biggest forum request threads I've seen. You can read it here.

You can make up your own mind based on that thread. In any case it's in the past and I don't think dragging the discussion up again will yield any positive results.

Thanks. That's fine then, if this isn't a FPL forum then so be it.

I just wonder then why there are no fantasy baseball/american football/few rugby/other sports on here then?

dahat mentioned that posters dictate content. YES. I agree. I'm ok with that. If 90% of posters post about FPL then that's fine.

However you miss my point. If Boards as a whole has designated only this forum for Fantasy Sports of all varieties, then why do the moderators not shut down or move all fantasy sports threads in other forums.

For example, if I start a thread in the soccer forum asking where I buy a new ipad to watch games, a moderator will move that to the Apple forum. Anything related to a specific forum posted to another one will be swiftly moved on.

I do not see that with Fantasy Sports. Yes posters dictate content. However I, along with a good number of others, post about FANTASY baseball in the Baseball forum. So it's not a case of posters not posting on Boards at all. It's a case of moderators not moving threads to the appropriate forum! Or else just overriding it and just making this one about soccer.

What exists now just does not make sense in terms of running a message board. If you designate a forum to a certain thing then run it that way. If you don't want a soccer fantasy forum (as was rejected), then make sure your moderators close down other fantasy sports threads in other locations and make sure they appear only in this one.

It shouldn't go on this way. Either soccer-only or move the other threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

^^

It was decided some time back that local fora could continue to have their own fantasy threads if they so wished.

For example the soccer forum even has one.

This forum serves a purpose, and quite well. No need to force people to use it if they dont want to, especially if their own sports forum has a good community working fantasy thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Benitez dropped Mata and Ba.

We have Mata and Ba. That's not cool.

Your point is invalid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 RafaTheGreat1

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Benitez dropped Mata and Ba.

We have Mata and Ba. That's not cool.

Your point is invalid.

Going around abusing a manager is unacceptable yet its tolerated in this forum.

Doesn't matter the frustration calling a him a cúnt or a fat Spanish waiter is not on in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

You don't like it, don't read it? The forum works well IMO, people keep coming back on a daily basis to post and moan and give out and argue! Some even to have domestics, not naming names :p The forum keeps growing there are new posters joining all the time becoming regulars so i don't see the issue!

The majority of people here probably have Mata and as far as FF is concerned feel that Benitez IS a fat Spanish waiter! Majority vote wins at the end of the day, i for one hope slander is never ruled out of this forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The forum just wouldn't be the same if we couldn't abuse managers for not picking our players.

Its not a personal thing against Rafa, he just rotates the most.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What's tolerated and not tolerated on the soccer forum holds no interest in relation to this forum.

As long as people don't bring their petty agendas from the soccer forum into here (nor the football gambling forum just on a separate note), I see no harm in the occasional bit of abuse as long as it's not completely overboard. This game can be frustrating at the best of times without key players being seemingly rotated. With the little bit more freedom in here, I think I speak for myself and Mr.Moon here in saying that in turn, we'd like to think that somewhat leeway = more, sigh I dislike this word greatly, banter between posters without it descending into abuse or **** stirring at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rafa's allowed his rant. We are too!!! *sob sob sob sob sob sob sob*

Rodgers and Sturridge will be next to get the FSA Baton of Abuse if he only get 5 mins tonight...........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

not sure if this is relevant but here's my opinion.The British media is racist biased which in turn affects our opinions due to our massive exposure to it. Rafa rotates no more than fergie but for years whenever Rafa loses a game they go on about it. Is torres having as bad a season as is being made out granted he's not the player he was but i feel an English striker would get far more leeway(Andy Carroll). Joe hart has made lots more mistakes than ddg this season.Hart is called the best keeper in the world or rare mistake there ddg is ridiculed everytime he makes a mistake.Stjurridge goes over easily in the box against man city they laugh about it if it was suarez you can imagine the reaction . I feel on this forum its ok to abuse managers players when its resulted in you having a bad week. A bit of u Scottishhaggis eating oap in and around the norwich game wud b nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

not sure if this is relevant but here's my opinion.The British media is racist biased which in turn affects our opinions due to our massive exposure to it. Rafa rotates no more than fergie but for years whenever Rafa loses a game they go on about it. Is torres having as bad a season as is being made out granted he's not the player he was but i feel an English striker would get far more leeway(Andy Carroll). Joe hart has made lots more mistakes than ddg this season.Hart is called the best keeper in the world or rare mistake there ddg is ridiculed everytime he makes a mistake.Stjurridge goes over easily in the box against man city they laugh about it if it was suarez you can imagine the reaction . I feel on this forum its ok to abuse managers players when its resulted in you having a bad week. A bit of u Scottishhaggis eating oap in and around the norwich game wud b nice

I think racist biased is the wrong wording. You mean they are biased on nationality which I think anyone can see. Just watch SSN for a few minutes or read an English tabloid.

The Independent did a good article on what they called "British Added Tax" at Christmas in relation to the high price of Sturridge and other young British players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think racist biased is the wrong wording. You mean they are biased on nationality which I think anyone can see. Just watch SSN for a few minutes or read an English tabloid.

The Independent did a good article on what they called "British Added Tax" at Christmas in relation to the high price of Sturridge and other young British players.

it is the wrong wording i agree maybe pro British wud make more sense.Don't know what haggis is doing at the top of my previous post dam smartphone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 RafaTheGreat1

it is the wrong wording i agree maybe pro British wud make more sense.Don't know what haggis is doing at the top of my previous post dam smartphone.

I think xenophobia is the word you're looking for son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I think xenophobia is the word you're looking for son.

You joined boards yesterday, you are not qualified to give feedback.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm new to this forum
    tumblr_m3waevQCk01rw17odo1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

To be fair he's only presenting the facts to us :pac:

Advertisement