Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP My wheelchait is not going

Options
  • 09-02-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, My wheelchair is bust.
    It is a Invacare Spectra XTR. The keylight comes on and I don't know how to get rid of it. It switches itself off after a couple of seconds. Anybody any idea how to fix this?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭HappyDancer

Could you submit details of the controller type? Also, with the lights, does it stay on and then switch off, or flash through a sequence of codes before switching off? The no. of flashes indicate the fault type.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

if private purchase i would check your warranty and contact your supplier.
    if HSE funded, i would contact your OT to arrange callout to repair.
    and previous posters advice re checking which lights are flashing to ascertain fault apply; the more info you can supply the better although any decent companies can plug in and evaluate faults immediately.

(presuming no one put lever at back into push mode)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bobobelle

No, lever is not in push mode. Just a nuisance that these things always happen over the weekend, when you can't get anybody to help. I takes so long before you get somebody out. Not sure about control type, can't find details of it anywhere.
    The key light doesn't flash. It stays on for about half a minute and then the control switches off.

Not sure if you've got the issue sorted yet.......if possible, could you (or someone on your behalf) look at the label on the controller.....it should give a part number which will identify the controller. From the initial details of the light sequence i'd be edging towards a battery related issue but can't be certain without further details.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bobobelle

Yeah, think it might be battery related myself. Had problems with the battery before, even though I I don't have my chair just under a year. Ah well, there is help on the way now and 'Happy Dancer', thanks for trying to sort this out for me, might have to call on you again some time. Hopefully not.

• Advertisement

Not a problem....good luck with the service

Advertisement