Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Toy Fair product annoucments.

Options
  • 09-02-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=336&itemid=19935

No pictures yet, but some of the below may be of particular interest.

Generations:

- 30th Anniversary will see a new 30th Anniversary logo on packaging in 2014.

- They've teamed up with IDW for a story for this.

- Deluxe scale will start seeing comic books packed in. We will see Bumblebee, Megatron (Stealth Jet), Trailcutter looks like a G1 Trailbreaker, and Orion Pax.

Legends scale will see Optimus will Roloer and Bumblebeel with blaster.

Voyager will see Triple-Changer Springer (Robot, Chopper and car in G1 colors.) and Blitzwing (Robot, Jet and Tank in G1 color, looks real nice and like the G1 version.)

Transformers Platinum Ultra Magnus with Forge of Solus and Grimlock vs Bruticus 2-pack. Grimlock will have vac-metal.

- Transformers Masterpiece with new Japan logo and first up is Acid Storm who is a green seeker and Soundwave with all 5 cassettes and Frenzy and Rumble will have ground pounders.

- Titan Class will include a BIG Metroplex coming. Inspired by Fall of Cybertron game. This thing will be 24+" tall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Get my car fixed or pre-order Metroplex...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Metroplex isn't out til at least August.

Pictures of most items are here:

http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content/

After last years rather dismal Toy Fair, this one is a better showing.

I'm not saying everything on show is fantastic...but it shows me effort this time round.

It's not just Hasbro suddenly responding to third party though, there was apparently a new design team in place, and the argument is it was taking them a little time to settle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

That Metroplex is a given. Sold. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Wonder how articulated it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

loads of pictures up on tfw2005.com
    Blitzwing ans Springer are must haves. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Blitzwing and Springer are perfect !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Didn't realise Blitzwing has the Animated 3 face gimmick.

Blitzwing2_1366178978.jpg

Getting harder and harder to resist these toys...

Galvasean wrote: »
    Didn't realise Blitzwing has the Animated 3 face gimmick.

After Hasbro's claim that TRU Masterpiece Thundercracker had one more face than it actually does, i wasn't convinced about their claim WRT to Blitzwing 'til i saw actual photos.

Reviews of Blitzwing have been mixed, Springer more positive.

But my Warbot Defender isn't going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I still haven't taken Warbot out of his box yet. Is it as good as they say?

Personally, i always take 3p toys out of the box about as soon as i get them because QC can be random, and you might need to get back to the vendor quickly whilst replacement parts are an option... seeing as 3P toys exist in lower numbers.

Some of the reviews have been pretty accurate on Defender.... he's a little unstable in robot mode (heel extenders on shapeways) and a little on the fragile side due to his 'fiddlyness' .

It's still a pretty good toy, imo. The way in which people have turned on it now that Generations Springer is in circulation isn't really justified, imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement