Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Everton 10.02.2013 (16:00 KO) SS1

• 09-02-2013 9:22pm

Man-Utd-vs-Everton_zps645a7400.png

With City losing to Southampton can Man Utd capitalise and make it a 12 point lead?

Potential line ups

Man Utd:
    man-utd_zpsedaaf069.jpg
    Everton:
    everton_zps63911268.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Don't see Rio starting, wouldn't be surprised if Hernandez starts aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

After City's result today shit just got very real indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

hon the ****ing RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

3points with dodgy penalty will do tomorrow and no injury for midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Heitinga won't start. Taken off last week after 63 rubbish minutes.

COYB!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Everton will Defo score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Lightning doesn't strike twice ... Utd win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

With City losing today the title is more or less over. Saying that I can see this game being a scored draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

syngindub wrote: »
    Everton will Defo score

Defo plays for Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

de Gea
    Jones(if fit)--Smalling----Vidic
    Evra
    Nani
    Carrick
    Anderson
    Giggs
    Rooney

Hernandez

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Working for this which is usually fine as the pub televises sports but that other horrible game is on at 3 so I'll have to fight my corner for one of the TVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Might skip out on the second half of the rugby tonight to watch this despite promising a few folks I would watch the England game with them. All I'm hoping for is 3 wonderful points, but Everton will make it hard for us, man I wish we didn't have such tricky opposition this close to the Madrid game but I suppose we can only beat what's in front of us; fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Barr wrote: »
    With City losing today the title is more or less over. Saying that I can see this game being a scored draw.

Were you not around for last season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Score draw methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

2-0 to united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Hopefully united go into this with a bit of composure and a plan to keep fellaini under wraps . 2-1 united hernandez and fellaini scoring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Score draw imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

3-1 to United,Fellaini will score for Everton but United will run out winners.No repeat of last seasons farce.

RVP to warm up his shooting boots for the Madrid game with 2 & Hernandez with the other.

De Gea to have a stormer until Joe Hart runs onto the field & knocks the ball out of his hands into the path of Fellaini for a tap in.Cue Mancini screaming in his livingroom "Was goal".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

is fellaini certain to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

3-1 to united

• Advertisement

is fellaini certain to start?

Moyes seems confident he will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

everton are more than capable of scoring against united the question is how will the defence hold up against rvp and co.
    both teams to score at 8/13 would be my pick but bad odds at that to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'll happily take a draw with no injuries for the midweek game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Everton haven't been performing well lately but they always up their game against United. I can see Everton snatching a win here.

Recently I've gotten nervous about games like this where we have a chance to open a big gap on our rivals-somehow we usually find a way to balls it up.

A draw wouldn't be a disaster but I'd like a win to make a real statement of intent.A good high tempo game and none of this going back into our shell craic that seems to plague the team this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I prayer Utd go for the kill today ,Strongest team possible , no resting players (well rest them ,if their 2 up :rolleyes:) worry about wednesday when the points are safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Rumoured Everton team
    Howard
    Neville Jagileka Distin Baines
    Gibson Osman
    Mirallas Fellaini Pienaar
    Anichebe
    Heitinga has to be dropped. Everton to nick it. Title race is over and Man U have a bigger game on Wed to worry about

Lumbo wrote: »
    Everton haven't been performing well lately but they always up their game against United. I can see Everton snatching a win here.

Game raising feckers.............sorry wrong team from Merseyside.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Rumoured Everton team
    Howard
    Neville Jagileka Distin Baines
    Gibson Osman
    Mirallas Fellaini Pienaar
    Anichebe
    Heitinga has to be dropped. Everton to nick it. Title race is over and Man U have a bigger game on Wed to worry about[/QUOTE]

This is what has me worried ,Hope thats not the attitude of the players / manager today ,Yes Weds game is massive but so is today ,the title race is not over slip up today and 9 points can disappear fairly fast, BUT a win and 12 point gap with City facing Chelsea next hmm now that would be nice .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Title race is over

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

By no means is the title race over, remember last year? It's not over until it is 110% mathematically impossible.

1/18 to win the league...its over lads. City will do well to win 9 points in the remaining 12 games the way there playing. Now concentrate on wednesday and let us win today :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Title race not over but a 12 point gap after today would be a huge one. It's been a mediocre league this year. As an above poster says, this United team this season tend to go into their shell in certain situations. And could be 12 points clear after today in mid-February.

I fear for United's defence in the Bernabeau on Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Will be very interesting to see the team.

United can potentially put one hand on the trophy with a 12 point lead. But will the players be thinking of Madrid? Or more about revenge for the decisive 4-4 draw last year?

Everton Will be all guns blazing, chasing the champions league spot.

I think Fergie should play the best team possible, go to Madrid on a high. Rest players for the FA cup next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Listening to Fergie interview yesterday, he seemed determined another "Everton" would not happen this season. This is one of those opportunities we will look back on at the end of the season, good or bad. Im expecting a strong side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The only people saying 'the title is over', are ABU's hoping for United to slip up so they can come back on here and troll about how United threw it away 'again'.

Don't get sucked in to try and reason with statements like it.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    The only people saying 'the title is over', are ABU's hoping for United to slip up so they can come back on here and troll about how United threw it away 'again'.

I'm no Abu and couldn't care less who wins the title but the odds suggest its over. 1/18. Fair enough if I supported man U I might be a bit worried but a nine point lead with a game in hand and your closest challengers in disarray. Sure Mancini in now leading the sack race

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Or...Man Utd have no challengers. The second place team have been complacent practically all season, had a dismal Champions League campaign and don't offer a viable threat to Man Utd at present, to suggest that they can win all of their remaining games (which you would think they will have to do) is laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'm no Abu and couldn't care less who wins the title but the odds suggest its over. 1/18. Fair enough if I supported man U I might be a bit worried but a nine point lead with a game in hand and your closest challengers in disarray. Sure Mancini in now leading the sack race

I would have Benitez as favourite to be sacked before Mancini. No genuine sane United fan would be silly enough to think that title race is over even if we win today after what happened last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

this is exactly it. my ABU mates are all telling me it knowing they are in a no lose position

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

By no means is the title race over, remember last year? It's not over until it is 110% mathematically impossible.

You talk about mathematically impossible then say 110% in the same sentence.

That is amusing.

MUFC XI: De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Vidic, Evans, Jones, Cleverley, Valencia, Giggs, Rooney, RvP

EFC; Howard, Jagielka, Baines, Neville, Distin, Gibson, Mirallas, Pienaar, Osman, Fellaini, Anichebe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

no carrick - ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

RVP Evra and Rooney all to score. Well at least the first two hopefully.

Bench: Amos, Anderson, Smalling, Hernandez, Carrick, Nani, Welbeck.

At least Carrick is fit.

Fellaini starts.

Might be decent value for a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Carrick being rested for the Madrid game

Strong enough team there,should be able to take 3 points but need to keep the hairy fella quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

zerks wrote: »
    need to keep the hairy fella quiet.

Giggs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Happy with that selection from SAF. Regardless of the Real game Carrick could do with a game off while Jones needs a game.

I would prefer Nani to play but with Baines around Valencia selection makes sense. I hope he finds some decent form.

Where is Kagawa though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement