Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassett had 3 Epileptic Seizures in 1 day

• 09-02-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Our 9 year old Bassett Hound has had Epilepsy for about 2 years. He's on meds which keeps it under control however today he had 3 seizures, morning, afternoon and evening. He hasn't had a seizure (that we know of) in over 6 months. They were particularly severe today. Just wondering is anyone else had had a similar experience and if we should be taking him to the vet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I would take him to the vet as soon as you can. Any change in the frequency of seizures would warrant a check up and 3 in one day is quite a lot. One of my dogs has seizures, luckily she doesn't need medication as they're mild and infrequent, but I'm always mindful of any changes in her pattern. Best to have him looked at to be on the safe side. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Definitely get him looked at, it could be a case where he needs to have his medication adjusted, sometimes they can build up a tolerance to them over time so he may need a stronger dose or a different drug. Best of luck!

Advertisement