Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biansi imist 2 starter kit......

Options
  • 09-02-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey lads

What's your view on the biansi imist 2 starter kit?

Is this a solid bit of kit, with few problems and easy to maintain?

Any input appreciated.

Thinking of getting the blue, with the 900 mah battery.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Looks fancy but don't see any difference between it and the first version. The girlfriend has the imist 1, i'm using a mini nova and really there's no comparrison.

Personally I think the imist along with ego T/C are outdated and don't compare to the current compitition. The atomiser in the imist can be changed but the flavour is not as good and the drag is restricted

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

colly10 wrote: »
    Looks fancy but don't see any difference between it and the first version. The girlfriend has the imist 1, i'm using a mini nova and really there's no comparrison.

Personally I think the imist along with ego T/C are outdated and don't compare to the current compitition. The atomiser in the imist can be changed but the flavour is not as good and the drag is restricted

What would u say is the best available at the moment for around the 50 euro mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

What would u say is the best available at the moment for around the 50 euro mark?

Actually just asking that question at the moment on the board myself to see whats new. Personally very happy with a mini nova with a few low resistance heads and an ego t/c battery, can't really go wrong. Think it's a big step up from an imist anyway but someone may correct me if there's currently a better option for the money

Ya just seen your post there man,
    I think if I did get the imist it would be a massive step up from what I have at the moment, and It prob wouldn't be long till I buy something new anyway.

Think I'm hooked:P

Ohhh well better than spending it on fags:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

This is the consensus fave beginner set.
    Enter

boards

for 10% discount.

With postage, that comes to €54-ish and there's €10 worth of juice included. Tasty, delicious juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

grindle, would that be a step up from the Imist? And also, how is the battery life? 650 mAh doesn't sound too great.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    grindle, would that be a step up from the Imist? And also, how is the battery life? 650 mAh doesn't sound too great.

Yes I was just bout to ask the same thing, I was leaning more towards Imist over having a larger battery.

Also read that this kit is prone to leaking??

650 isn't great, they must be out of the longer ones. thebestshop are out of them as well.
    The two batteries would do you a full day though.

Haven't used an iMist but judging from reviews it's a supposedly less-leaky version of the eGo-T set-up, which the Kangers are a huge step up from.
    The taste from those cart systems are...vapable. But not great.
    A common phrase when ESI took note of what we were repetitiously recommending here (just before they started selling it as a kit - they were quick off the mark) was "if only this were around when I started".
    I'd stand by that, still. There's no better starting point before you graduate to your first rebuildables at this stage.

Also read that this kit is prone to leaking??
    If left upside-down or something. Stop storing things upside-down. The iMist and eGo tank atty-styles used to give globs of condensed juice into the mouth.
    Every system, even up to the top-end has limitations. If you want zero-leaks in operation get a carto-tank set-up. It'll give a better vape than the iMist/eGo thingies. Much more consistent, but not quite as pure as the newer clearos and a world away from rebuildables.

The kanger does look good, I was hoping for at least a 900 mah battery, pity it's outta stock of them.

Right now I'm only using a vapouriz Gemini, which I got on a groupon deal, which has kept me off my usual 20 rollies a day.
    but the cartomizers I got with it are nearly gone so was hoping to order something new Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Are all vapers night owls?? :p

• Advertisement

superneat wrote: »
    Are all vapers night owls?? :p

A fellow limerick vaper,

Yep looks like we are

Uncle Nic keeping us up. Feck it, it's a Saturday, live wild and dispense drunken advice!

Marshall987, Vaperus.ie has the same type of kit with 900mAh batteries, but I've heard no word on the clearos that it comes with.
    Given the brand that makes the clearos (Smok) they're probably a carbon copy of a carbon copy of something good. Might be good, might not be. €60.
    No free juice, although if you beg for a sampler, who knows? I've seen beggars get rewarded before, might be worth a try!

Cheers for the help grindle.

I say ill stick to something that's tried and tested.

Ill contact esi and ask them will they be getting in the 900mah soon,

They only have the t2, must be sold out of the t3.
    Would there be a big difference between the two?

Fairly big difference. For me:

The t3 has better flavour but much, much cooler vape. Never had a dry hit from it (constant flow of liquid, go gravity!). Has a leaky bottom (boo, gravity...). Little to no leakage when left on it's side or upside-down (while I was using it anyway).

T2 is hotter, a bit less flavour and has to be tipped or swished every few puffs (inconsistent flow of liquid, boo, gravity... ). May/will probably leak if left sideways or upside-down.

Damn it I can't win haha.

Both battery and t3 are outta stock.

Would it be cheaper to keep than an imist.

It seems like all u have to change is the wicks in the kanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

The e vod is a smaller version of the t3 and I think their in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

All this clearo talk.......just to throw the cat among the pigeons, I think a 5 pack of Boge cartos are far superior to any clearo.....

http://e-cigshop.eu/Cartomizer-SmokTech-Boge/Boge-cartomizers/510-Boge-Cartomizer-5-pcs

And drip tip

http://e-cigshop.eu/e-cigarette-accessories/Plastic-Drip-Tip-510-Black

This is all so confusing....haha

So cartomizers are what's on most cheap e cigs, So why would something like the imist be more pricey?

yet people are still saying choose a clearo or carto style over the imist.

I suppose I'm just trying to hear something good bout the imist because that the only one in stock and I need to order ASAP haha

The imist is fine to start with, especially as it looks like you want it anyway ha ha..

The problem with all of those ego-t and imist set ups is the plastic tank that holds the juice. It tends to strip some flavour and they are also prone to not wicking well from the tank to the atomiser coil. The draw can be a bit 'not great' as well. But......they are not too bad to start with and certainly better than cigalikes!

The cartomisers house the atomiser coil and wadding which holds the juice. For a couple of euro they perform really well. Just fill the wadding with juice and vape.....top up every now and again with juice or even buy a tank which surrounds the cartomiser.

I find the Imist great. The draw is very good at the start, but the longer it goes without charge there is a drop off, so the quality isn't the best after a good many hours. I've tried the 510-T and disposables, so it isn't like I have experience with a wide variety of devices. I'd definitely say it is a solid starter kit in my experience though.

With the 510-T though I liked how I had a multiple charger where I could charge up to 10 of the batteries. Also, having a PCC was nice. Wish the Imist had an equivalent on those. Though granted with the battery being so good, the lack of a PCC isn't really that much an issue. The battery never dies for me on the strength of one days usage, though I guess the quality can be worse from one time of the day to the end.

I'm not going to be upgrading blind. I'll need to have tried something better to upgrade. I'm happy with what I've got for now, but if I were to try something better, sure I'd upgrade.

Edit: My biggest criticism of the Imist is a pretty substantial one (to me) in that the cartridge where you fill it with e-liquid is quite small. This means that lots of the e-liquids where it is thick at the top doesn't work, so I need to **** about with a syringe which I'm not a fan of. I ordered empty bottles, but the problem with them was they were ones with the same problem. Do any of ye know of empty bottles being sold by vendors with a thinner top to them? I'd fill up all of those to be able to bring around with me.

• Advertisement

So cartomizers are what's on most cheap e cigs, So why would something like the imist be more pricey?

Why are cigalikes in a shopping centre more expensive than an eGo twist? They're relying on people not reading up or asking what's good.
    Boge cartos are generally good quality, the things attached to cigalikes are usually weak or leaky.
    You'll end up on the clearos or Boges once you get sick of barely tasting your juice with the eGo-style tanks. If you want a leak-free, consistent vape, get a pack of Boges, a slim tank and a carto punch,
    Visit Youtube, look up the carto condom method of filling the carto.
    It's a grand vape, just strangely muted cos of the filler.

Yeah, some people don't seem to notice the filler taste but some do. Still, pretty reliable, cheap, low maintenance option to try anyway. You can buy them singly for less than 2 euro.

The imist is fine to start with, especially as it looks like you want it anyway ha ha..

Haha how did you know want it? :D
    It's only cause I think it looks pretty sweet.

If I did get the kanger twist with the the 650 mah battery, and the battery isn't good enough for wat I need, I take it I could always order a 900 mah battery at a later stage.

I just emailed esi to see can they give me the kit at least with the t3 instead of the t2.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

There's no harm in having one 650 mah battery and get a 900 mah later. Good luck on getting your kit sorted, ESI will do something to sort you out I'm sure. My advice, get a ego twist, get a T3 and a T2 as well at some stage to compare them and get yourself a 5 pack of boge cartomisers (standard resistance works good with the ego twist). Compare all the things and see what you like. I find taste is better on boge cartomisers than in t2 or t3. I would chose to use a clearo when I'm out and about so I can see what I need to top up my juice. But I'd use a carto at home where it's easy to be topping up the carto with the juice bottle throughout the day.

illicit007 wrote: »
    There's no harm in having one 650 mah battery and get a 900 mah later. Good luck on getting your kit sorted, ESI will do something to sort you out I'm sure. My advice, get a ego twist, get a T3 and a T2 as well at some stage to compare them and get yourself a 5 pack of boge cartomisers (standard resistance works good with the ego twist). Compare all the things and see what you like. I find taste is better on boge cartomisers than in t2 or t3. I would chose to use a clearo when I'm out and about so I can see what I need to top up my juice. But I'd use a carto at home where it's easy to be topping up the carto with the juice bottle throughout the day.

Thanks

Esi have replied to my email already, they now have the t3 in stock,
    So I'm going to get the t3 and the 650mah,
    And try choose out of all the wingnut samples which 5 ill choose haha.

Ill def get the boge cartomisers in my next order, to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I like their strawberry milkshake because it does taste very similar to a macdonalds strawberry milkshake which I love the taste of. I haven't tried it in a clearo though. I find some flavours taste really good in one thing (like cartos or whatever) but in another thing it just doesn't taste as good, like if you'd only tried the flavour in that other thing and not the first thing, you'd say.. this flavour isn't that good really and pass on it...

Ah I get you, it's very hard to recommend a juice so, unless
    Someone has the same setup as you.

I see there's also a t4 and t5, I take it, I could also buy those and see which i prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

I don't really understand these t3 t4s etc but ezsmoke.ie has a started kit for 48€ comes with 2 900ma batteries and other bits and bobs to get you going. And some juice. I think its a good price:cool:

halkar wrote: »
    I don't really understand these t3 t4s etc but ezsmoke.ie has a started kit for 48€ comes with 2 900ma batteries and other bits and bobs to get you going. And some juice. I think its a good price:cool:

Bingo! Not that exact kit, but they have the Twist/Clearo combo right here.

So many vendors, hard to keep track of.

• Advertisement

illicit007 wrote: »
    I like their strawberry milkshake because it does taste very similar to a macdonalds strawberry milkshake which I love the taste of. I haven't tried it in a clearo though. I find some flavours taste really good in one thing (like cartos or whatever) but in another thing it just doesn't taste as good, like if you'd only tried the flavour in that other thing and not the first thing, you'd say.. this flavour isn't that good really and pass on it...
    Yeah, totally agreed. In my case, I loved Tobacco Ice with the 510-T but it isn't nearly as nice with the Imist.
    Ah I get you, it's very hard to recommend a juice so, unless Someone has the same setup as you.
    Heck, even then, as the other person may like it the other way around.

Advertisement