Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 20th Beers - you are NOT allowed to miss this!

Options
  • 09-02-2013 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Okay guys. April beers.

Because it'll be 2 months away, NONE of you can claim to be unavailable, you have plenty of notice.

NONE of you can claim to be broke, you have time to save.

Pick a date, and let's make this shit happen! :)

What date are we getting drunk, lads? 8 votes

Friday 5th April
    0%
    Saturday 6th April
    0%
    Friday 12th April
    12%
    Please Kill Me 1 vote
    Saturday 13th April
    0%
    Friday 19th April
    25%
    McChubbincatgalway 2 votes
    Saturday 20th April
    0%
    Friday 26th April
    0%
    Saturday 27th April
    12%
    hdowney 1 vote
    Other - name the day on-thread.
    12%
    hdowney 1 vote
    Monday April 8th - get locked with Lyn on her birthday! ;)
    0%
    I'll get drunk any feckin' day I can.
    0%
    Atari Jaguar.
    37%
    Atavan-HalenOrimAngron 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Atari Jaguar.
    I'll get drunk any feckin' day I can :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Friday 12th April
    Herself is due the baby around mid to late April so if it's on early in the month, it's a possibility. Would really love to do this. :)

On another note, my little one's 9th birthday is April 8th, as is my sister's. Must be a good day for birthdays! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Herself is due the baby around mid to late April so if it's on early in the month, it's a possibility. Would really love to do this. :)

On another note, my little one's 9th birthday is April 8th, as is my sister's. Must be a good day for birthdays! :pac:

Those of us born on the 8th of April are 10% more amazing than you mere mortals. :cool: I have 4 nights out planned for my birthday already (one for each of my different groups of friends), a beers would round it off nicely! :pac:

Friday 12th April
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Those of us born on the 8th of April are 10% more amazing than you mere mortals. :cool:

Yeah, that makes sense alright. :pac:
    I have 4 nights out planned for my birthday already (one for each of my different groups of friends), a beers would round it off nicely! :pac:

Yeah it would actually. Hopefully it work out this time.

Yeah, that makes sense alright. :pac:

Yeah it would actually. Hopefully it work out this time.

If it doesn't, I'll sit in a pub on my lonesome, downing vodka and telling anyone who'll listen about how the internet strangers let me down.

Jaysus, sounds like an average night out for me already. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Can already say im not sure, have a stag and my sisters fairly soon after may so will have to see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Atari Jaguar.
    I didn't miss tonights beers so I ont miss this :P

I'll vote for dates when ii can

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am a maybe, simply because I am going to see Pink and Billy Connolly during the same week in April (starting the 12th with Pink) so may be flat broke. Also I am saving to go to Canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Friday 19th April
    I voted the 13th of April because my birthday is on the 15th of that month. As long as the venue serves non-alcholic cocktails, I'll swing by. :)
    (Please don't call me a party pooper- giving up the sauce for health reasons. Currently 2 weeks sober.)

McChubbin wrote: »
    I voted the 13th of April because my birthday is on the 15th of that month. As long as the venue serves non-alcholic cocktails, I'll swing by. :)
    (Please don't call me a party pooper- giving up the sauce for health reasons. Currently 2 weeks sober.)

I'm not aware of any pub that sells non-alcoholic cocktails tbh, but I'm sure most of the venues in town can whip something up for ya. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Every pub that serves cocktails serves non alcoholic ones :p It's just the juices and mixers together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Friday 19th April
    That's grand. I was worried I'd be left stuck on Miwadi, tonic water and the occasional Shirley Temple. :P

When we pick a venue, if it's somewhere I know, I'll have a chat with the staff and make sure they do 'mocktails' anyway, but like PP said, should be fine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I think I'm washing my hair that day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

My birthday's next week, christ I'm getting old :(

Any weekend that isn't around the 7th is cool for me, kinda impacts with a rugby weekend pissup tradition I have :p

With a bit of luck I'll be employed and living in town again by then so all good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Atari Jaguar.
    I'm easy anyway, so whenever is fine. Preferably closer to the start of the month because that's when I'm less broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I think I'm washing my hair that day :p

Shave it all off - problem solved, thank me with beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

lol what ever happened with this:pac:......knew the other one one was called off last minute, but never even seen this till now hmmmmmm:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I presume it's still on? It's not April yet.

Friday 12th April
    I presume it's still on? It's not April yet.

Yeah, I would think so. I thought of bumping this the other day....then forgot to do it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yes, still on. Decide a day, guys!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Atari Jaguar.
    Saturdays would probably suit me more, though a Friday one isn't out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Buses to Galway don't run all that late and I can't pay to stay somewhere so can't seem myself going really. :( Hope the rest of ye enjoy it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

once its a weekend i should be good to come up and disgrace myself haha

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Can we assume that it'll happen somewhere in Dublin? If so, then I may well come along! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bull and Castle -> Gypsy -> Hell anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Club Hell is tacky and not a great place to talk, Gypsy Rose would be better I think

Gypsy is hardly a good place to talk either., unless you like screaming over loud music :pac:

Atari Jaguar.
    Gypsy is hardly a good place to talk either., unless you like screaming over loud music :pac:
    You mean there's other ways to talk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If I had of gotten here on time, I would have voted for the 20th, cos I have a job on that day so will actually have money!

Advertisement