Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 20th Beers - you are NOT allowed to miss this!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

P_1 wrote: »
    Strange that, I've never actually been searched going in there and I would have gone in carrying backpacks etc in the past

I must just look dodgey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yeah, I don't tend to get searched or asked for ID in Hell :V

They've searched the bags of everyone I've seen in the past few months, except me, but that's only because the bouncers know me.

One of the girls that works on the bar even came up to me on her break, offering me chocolate last week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    They've searched the bags of everyone I've seen in the past few months, except me, but that's only because the bouncers know me.

One of the girls that works on the bar even came up to me on her break, offering me chocolate last week. :pac:

Haven't actually been there in a good few months now that I think of it. Kinda sad that people feel the need to sneak in drink to one of the cheaper pubs to be fair

Haven't actually been there in a good few months now that I think of it. Kinda sad that people feel the need to sneak in drink to one of the cheaper pubs to be fair

I'd say it's because, as they don't ID people, loads of underage kids go there. Underage kids live off pocket money from mammy and daddy, so the only way they can even afford to drink is to sneak it in.

I know my younger sister sneaks drink into clubs where the drinks are pricey, but even she doesn't sneak it into Hell. It's a euro for some of their shots, ffs!

I dunno, I just... don't go on a night out if I can't afford it. If I want to get a naggin or a shoulder, I just pre-drink at home before I go out, I don't stick it down my underwear. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Very true. I mean, Hell is so cheap I'll occasionally pop down for pre-drinks there before heading off someone else. At 2.50 for a large bottle of Kopparberg, they're cheaper than Dunne's or Tesco.

• Advertisement

Very true. I mean, Hell is so cheap I'll occasionally pop down for pre-drinks there before heading off someone else. At 2.50 for a large bottle of Kopparberg, they're cheaper than Dunne's or Tesco.

I pre-drink there a lot.

Thinking of it realistically, if you drink Kopparberg and Sambuca, you can get 4 pints bottles and 10 shots for 20 euro. That'd have 99% of people fairly feckin' drunk. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

€2.50 pint bottles of Kopparberg?! That's awesome

Yeah true, forgot all the irritating underagers were one of the reasons I stopped heading there for a bit.

Only place I tend to sneak drink in is somewhere that's just taking the mick with prices or somewhere where my choice of drink was unavailable

maximoose wrote: »
    €2.50 pint bottles of Kopparberg?! That's awesome

And -

Pints - 3.40
    Pitchers - 9
    Hell shots (spiced sambuca and a dash of cranberry juice) - 1
    Tequila shot - 2
    Mickey finns - 2
    Jager - 2
    Jagerbomb - 2.50
    Cocktails - 5

Yes, I'm an alcoholic.

And -

Pints - 3.40
    Pitchers - 9
    Hell shots (spiced sambuca and a dash of cranberry juice) - 1
    Tequila shot - 2
    Mickey finns - 2
    Jager - 2
    Jagerbomb - 2.50
    Cocktails - 5

Yes, I'm an alcoholic.

You on commission for them too? :pac:

• Advertisement

You on commission for them too? :pac:

:pac: I wish, I'd earn a feckin' fortune!

Hmmm. Those prices all the time or at weekends? May have to visit this place

20th suits me, so I may pop in :)

Just Saturdays, Hell is only run on a Saturday. O'Reilly's (the pub itself) only charge 3.40 a pint every day though.

3.40 a pint is a great way to kill time when you're waiting for a train. Their Guinness is fecking delish too

Sweet, think I'll dander over for pre drinks on Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Never been in hell but the last time I was in O Reilly it was nearly impossible to get a drink in the place, we went before I think it was Primal Scream and after half an hour of trying to get a drink and still a few back in the que we bailed.

Who's for jager bombs?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Other - name the day on-thread.
    I have never actually had a Jagerbomb. Dunno why, just never gotten round to it

Who's for jager bombs?!

Ah jagerbombs. Great way to ruin a perfectly good Jager if ye ask me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah jagerbombs. Great way to ruin a perfectly good Jager if ye ask me :pac:

Im with yeh straight jager all the way.

• Advertisement

CC, I've never been beaten racing bombs, so I fully expect you to win!

@Marty, it does be fairly busy on Saturdays too, but if anyone has trouble getting to the bar, send me, I never fail to get served within 2 or 3 minutes 'cause the bar staff love me. :pac:

Last week when I was there was awkward. Some bloke was ahead of me in the queue, and let me go first, so I thanked him and smiled at him. He threw his arm around me and was chatting away, all friendly, which was fine. Everyone in Hell is like that. Chatted back, and the sad git goes 'Can I kiss you on the lips?'

Who the FCUK says that?! I was like 'Eh, I'm married' and he just went 'Oh shít,' and turned away immediately. :pac:

I cant drink jager on its own :( and dont let me have any more than 2 jager bombs... unless you all want to get groped.

I cant drink jager on its own :( and dont let me have any more than 2 jager bombs... unless you all want to get groped.

You can grope me all you want, I'm sure Marty would love to watch that. :pac:

I'll buy ya a jagerbomb ;)

You can grope me all you want, I'm sure Marty would love to watch that. :pac:

I'll buy ya a jagerbomb ;)

Are you trying to seduce me? :P

Are you trying to seduce me? :P

Women always say that when I'm trying to be nice. :( I must come across as very sleazy when I compliment their boobs or arse. :(

Women always say that when I'm trying to be nice. :( I must come across as very sleazy when I compliment their boobs or arse. :(

Are we going to have to start calling you Mrs Robinson :pac:

Are we going to have to start calling you Mrs Robinson :pac:

Píss off, I'm being friendly! :(

Píss off, I'm being friendly! :(

Ah I'm acting like good old Mr Joseph King

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Behave please!

• Advertisement

Behave please!

We will, we're not drinking yet! :p

I kid, I kid. No more groping talk, promise. Well, I won't talk about it anyway, can't speak for anyone else.

Advertisement