Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 20th Beers - you are NOT allowed to miss this!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Atari Jaguar.
    Denny M wrote: »
    If they have any good stuff out, I'll be there in a Kane t-shirt. Either that or I'll just get a Daniel Bryan one.

YES! YES! YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Other - name the day on-thread.
    I want and old style HBK shirt and an old style Hitman shirt. relive my childhood when we put each other in sharpshooters!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

You can't beat a classic 'Austin 3:16' shirt ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Atari Jaguar.
    Last time I was at a WWE event, Chris Benoit was still alive and the US champion :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Last time I was at a WWE event, Chris Benoit was still alive and the US champion :o

The name that shan't be spoken!

Don't say his name three times or he'll appear!

• Advertisement

jesus that was a LONG time ago. been a few years since I was a a WWE event. I have been at a TNA one since then

Last one I was at featured a John Cena v The Great Khali main event :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

P_1 wrote: »
    Last one I was at featured a John Cena v The Great Khali main event :o

Christ, I'm sorry you had to witness that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Look at yiz derailing the beer talk with all your silly wrestling lark. Tsk tsk.

Im getting excited about this :o

• Advertisement

Im getting excited about this :o

That the anti-hangover kicking in :p

P_1 wrote: »
    That the anti-hangover kicking in :p

Possibly :p Nah, I just need a good night out!

Possibly :p Nah, I just need a good night out!

Always a plus, was out the other night with a few mates and my Norwegian cousins. Lovely people but they kept assuming that all we drank was Guinness so a sore belly was had the morning after :o

Desperate for a good night out myself

19 sleeps :P:D:P:D Have we settled on Mcturcaills and hell or has anyone any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I dont care, once there's alcohol involved. :D

Im in that boat myself. As long as i can have a few (cheap) drinks and a bit of a boogie, im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

19 sleeps :P:D:P:D Have we settled on Mcturcaills and hell or has anyone any other suggestions?

I reckon that'd be a great combo.

Also, should someone make a Facebook event? :cool:

Sure we all know about it from here, what would be the point in that?

Tbh, I'm not keen on making a Facebook event, because I don't want everybody on boards having access to my Facebook account. The people who know me from boards are already on my Facebook page, I don't want anybody else finding me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Tbh, I'm not keen on making a Facebook event, because I don't want everybody on boards having access to my Facebook account. The people who know me from boards are already on my Facebook page, I don't want anybody else finding me.

Wally........is that you?

fussyonion wrote: »
    Wally........is that you?

...... Fcuk. :(

Tbh I dont have many people from this forum on Facebook, and I'm sure there's some posters that don't even have Facebook, so making it an event there could make it seem a bit exclusive, like only certain posters are invited, when that's really not the case!

Maybe a mod could change the thread title so everyone knows where we're heading?

Whooop Cupcakes off with her countdown, beers be getting close. :D I can't wait for this. I am also in the cheap drinks and a bitta music and I'll be happy. Must google McTurtles again to see where it is in relation to the night buss to Greystones. Also assuming I pass my exam next week I should please god have a new piece of artwork to show off :D

I am also a +1 on not creating a fb event. I don't have all of ye on my fb (although if some of ye want an add pm me and I'll see can we come to an arrangement ;):cool::pac:) and fb groups can cause exclusivity issues I think depending on whose on fb, who is friends with whom etc. Sure we call all cop it on here and it'l be the craic.

CC be cool to see ya, haven't seen ya since December :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Atari Jaguar.
    I'm indifferent to making a FB event for this. I have a few folks from here on fb already, so it doesn't matter overall to me in that sense.

Yeah, I need to figure out where this pub is too. I've only been out in Dublin a handful of times, so I have sod all clue where most places are.

Atari Jaguar.
    It's on townsend street I believe.

So it's just up from O'connell bridge. Easy enough to find as long as you can get to o'connell street. MAP but wait why is google telling me this place is Doyles? I ****ing hate doyles :(

Orim wrote: »
    It's on townsend street I believe.

So it's just up from O'connell bridge. Easy enough to find as long as you can get to o'connell street. MAP but wait why is google telling me this place is Doyles? I ****ing hate doyles :(

It's not Dolye's. :pac:

I'm not actually 100% sure where it is, either, but I'll find out for sure when I'm in town during the week.

If anyone wants or needs directions, you can PM me and get my phone number. Then, on the day/night, feel free to give me a text or a call for directions, or if you're really stuck, I'm sure I can meet you somewhere more central and walk down to the place with you. :)

One thing that I remembered which would be bad with a Facebook page - I'm assuming none of us mind if lurkers or rare posters come along? If we make a facebook event, that automatically excludes them, if they haven't posted here, but have been lurking.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Never mind my Facebook suggestion then, too many reasons not to. I just do everything though Facebook!

McTurcaills is literally just at the side of Trinity. If you're facing the front gates, you go left and head down that street, taking the left fork, if that makes sense. It's at the corner of Townsend street and Tara street, bearing in mind that Club Hell is at the top of Tara street. Easy to get to O'Connell street or the quays for buses!

Google Map it! It's a red/black building :)

Atari Jaguar.
    Never mind my Facebook suggestion then, too many reasons not to. I just do everything though Facebook!

McTurcaills is literally just at the side of Trinity. If you're facing the front gates, you go left and head down that street, taking the left fork, if that makes sense. It's at the corner of Townsend street and Tara street, bearing in mind that Club Hell is at the top of Tara street. Easy to get to O'Connell street or the quays for buses!

Google Map it! It's a red/black building :)

This sounds a lot like Doyles.

Never mind it's further down. Google had me confused as they said it was opposite the Irish Times building.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Friday 12th April
    hdowney wrote: »
    ...I don't have all of ye on my fb (although if some of ye want an add pm me and I'll see can we come to an arrangement ;):cool::pac:)

Just sent a request. :D Better accept or I'll bleedin' kill ya! :P

Seen that clown next door this morning, told him I'd be in later for a word. Haven't seen him since and there hasn't been a sound. :pac:

What a day though eh? Like summer! Got the two gardens cut, got the outside tidied, cleared out the shed a bit and did a bit of work on the OH's bike. Amazing what you can do when it's dry!

Advertisement