Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 09-02-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

got a new marine aquarium
    and i need to paint the back glass wall blue can some one tell me whats the best paint to use
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

As far as I know in Art shops there is a specific paint for glass. Just go in and ask. Paint on the outside to avoid chemicals leaking into the tank water, but Im sure you knew that already :-)

An easier option is to get plain blue contact that could be stuck to the outside of the tank? Or the wallpaper stuff that pet shops sell for aquariums?

If your still unsure, ask in your local pet shop if they know of tips;)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

I never heard anyone paint their aquarium, easier as already said to just put blue
    poster at the rear of the glass which will give it the required effect.
    Supplied in most pet shops.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I never heard anyone paint their aquarium, easier as already said to just put blue
    poster at the rear of the glass which will give it the required effect.
    Supplied in most pet shops.

thanks

That will look terible. I paint the back I'd mine all the time. I use gloss paint as it looks the best from through the front. It's not that difficult to remove, I use a new Stanley blade and some soapy water.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

That will look terible. I paint the back I'd mine all the time. I use gloss paint as it looks the best from through the front. It's not that difficult to remove, I use a new Stanley blade and some soapy water.

as mentioned, never heard that before and been using aquariums for along time.
    maybe you can post a pic when you get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 irishneo

going to paint it tomorrow i'll put up pics then :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I have mine painted

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

We just used your typical matte black spray can, couple of layers and it came out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 irishneo

here it is got it painted :)DSC_0063.jpg

Advertisement