Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

visa help police certificate

• 09-02-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I know you guys and girls are probably sick of answering questions about visa's but dont think anyone has asked this before . Well iv been offered a job in NZ working in chch and im going for a essential skills work visa but i got in trouble with the the gardi before and im worried about this police certificate now . so my question is this has anyone on here or know of any one that has a criminal record that managed to get a visa ? . NOW before you all think im some scumbag little tosser your very wrong it was a moment of madness in my life were i fell slightly off course with too much drink on board i was never in trouble before this or after this and its almost 10 years ago i was just a stupid kid . I'm a married man now with a kid, a house and morgage . I was never in prison just got community service, 2 years probation and a fine . my offence was arson i set fire to an abandoned car

any help is much appreciated
    Damien

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 9seamie

To the best of my knowledge your record should be cleared after 5 years, but if you know any garda your best bet is to explain your case to them and they might give you a clear report. It worked for my gf with a driving offence it was only minor but it was on her record. best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,100 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

That 10 clear years should be a big factor in your favour: afaik they look at the whole picture not just yes/no.

Just be 100% honest about it if anyone asks, lying would be worse than the offence.

Advertisement