Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview with Colin Duffy about his imprisonment.

• 10-02-2013 12:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭

I dont support physical force Republicanism but its clear that Colin Duffy was targeted because of his opposition to the GFA and not because of his probable guilt in that attack. His imprisonment for so long on trumped up charges as well as the flag protests shows the continuing abnormality of Northern Ireland.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

I don't support physical force either.

Though in his cause a bullet to the head would be appropriate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

getzls wrote: »

Bit of a contradiction there. He was shown to be not guilty in a British court.

Why do you believe he should be killed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Another one of these "I dont support physical force republicanism but lets get this prisoner released" threads.

Can we please put a stop to these dissident propaganda threads please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

Another one of these "I dont support physical force republicanism but lets get this prisoner released" threads.

He has been released. As far as I know he doesnt support violence at this time.

The issue of physical force Republicanism and the issue of political policing and the GFA itself are not necessarily connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Arrested again and charged with IRA membership, no doubt to be held on remand for years at which point charges will be dropped. He's so high profile I doubt he can take a piss without the PSNI looking, telling that they cant get him on anything concrete.

This all goes back to him witnessing/being a near victim of RUC/paramilitary collusion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭grainnewhale

Can we please put a stop to these pro-british. Being Irish means your guilty responses.

getzls wrote: »

A common trait in the british response to unarmed republicans. I am sure he wont be lying awake waiting for you to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A common trait in the british response to unarmed republicans. I am sure he wont be lying awake waiting for you to call.

Hopefully he'll get a nice long holiday in one of Her Majesty's hotels. All at the expense of the British taxpayer of course;).

Hopefully he'll get a nice long holiday in one of Her Majesty's hotels. All at the expense of the British taxpayer of course;).

Sure the dissidents need all the heroes they can get. A known republican like this couldn't scratch his hole without the police knowing.His imprisonment would be bound to generate some fresh blood who would be far more effective. In fairness the british were always stupid. But to fail to learn from previous mistakes is bringing stupid to a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

Ironically most people in the loyalist community are taking bets that the Teflon Republican will walk tonight, perks of being in her majesty's employ I
    Guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Can we please put a stop to these pro-british. Being Irish means your guilty responses.

How is my response pro-british or anti-irish?

People like yourself need to realize supporting republicanism is not a defining trait of Irishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

alastair wrote: »
    Bit farcical that you're irate about that, given your stance on Colin Duffy's arrest for conspiracy to murder.
    He was very nearly a victim of collusion, he was wounded and his friend was shot. Robin Jackson was involved.

My opinion is that like the umpteen other times he has been arrested its merely window dressing. He's not a stupid man, he's hardly gonna be running around with AK47s when he is followed everywhere, bugged etc

I have never called for a man to be murdered - unlike you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

He was very nearly a victim of collusion, he was wounded and his friend was shot. Robin Jackson was involved.

My opinion is that like the umpteen other times he has been arrested its merely window dressing. He's not a stupid man, he's hardly gonna be running around with AK47s when he is followed everywhere, bugged etc

I have never called for a man to be murdered - unlike you.

I have? Oh wait, no, I have not.

You might want to adjust your comprehension levels a tad. Your opinion regarding Colin Duffy's alleged involvement in an attempted murder is rather at odds with the stated goals of the organisation he supports.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

No he won't because, unlike him,

I am on ceasefire.:cool:

Advertisement