Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 week 5 results

Options
  • 10-02-2013 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

Aaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhh
    Well played pudsy... :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Cards were winning until 4th quarter where pudsy kicked a field goal to tie the game in the last 10sec, 17-17, so OT arrived and ravens won the toss and elected to receive, Parker kicked deep and ravens returned the kick for 6! Ravens won 23-17.
    Larry Fitzgerald had 7 catches for 180 yards
    Ray rice had a heap of carries for 47 I think
    First of the season cards only had 1 pick, I think ravens had 2.
    If anyone is looking for me I'll be outside making the cards defense do laps :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Exciting game in Baltimore, as the Arizona Cardinal make the trip to MT Bank Stadium. Can't remember the sequence of everything but I'll do my best.

Q1

The Ravens elect to receive and get a few first downs before punting. The Cards drive impressively up the field, and Fitzgerald scores on a 23 yards pass, shrugging off Ravens defenders.

Cards 7-0 Ravens

Q2

Nothing much happens for the first few mins, loads of punts. The Ravens realize they wont be getting the kick off after half time, and they need a score. CK connect with Rice for a 50yrd score off a screen. Not to be outdone, the Cards drive the field and kick a FG as time runs out

Cards 10-7 Ravens

Q3

Cards throw an INT on their first possession, and the Ravens capitalize. CK completes a 21 yards lofted pass to Boldin to bring down for a TD. Arizona feel hard done by, and respond instantly. A quick drive end with a Fitzgerald TD from a 35 yard pass.

Cards 17-14 Ravens

Q4

In a tight quarter, there are lots of punts. With 5 mins on the clock, the Cards punt and give the Ravens a long field. Baltimore put together a strong drive, and eventually they're into the redzone. Kaepernick has a moment of madness however, and throw a terrible pick to Patrick Peterson! The Ravens D steps up and forces a punt, giving them 2 mins to tie the game. The Ravens put together a great lucky drive and make their way to the Redzone. Tucker kicks the game tieing field goal as time expires. OVERTIME

Cards 17-17 Ravens

Overtime

Ravens win the toss, and the coaches comments on how well both defences have played, meaning the first possession won't be as important as it generally is. Cards punt the ball deep into the endzone........ and Torrey Smith runs it in for an 105 yards score :o

Cards 17-23 Ravens after OT

I genuinely feel lucky to win that game, you ran the ball well and Fitzgerald was unstoppable for a lot of the game. I had a lot of 3rd down conversions that came off for me, when they otherwise wouldn't. You are much stronger then your record suggests. Great chatting and best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Shoot out in Cleveland which is pretty unusual for the Browns GM who can't ever recall putting up over 30 points

Weeden 4TD's 5 picks
    Luck 3 TD's 4 picks

As usually happens Browns start strong and put together a drive to go up 0-3.
    Luck responds and though denied one and twice on the goal line by great rushing defense, Luck throws to the corner on 3rd and goal to score.

Colts held the lead until the 3rd quarter when it was 17-17 and Weeden threw a pick 6 in the redzone when a FG would have taken the lead!

There was 4 redzone picks in this game, Luck and Weedon with 2 each.

There were 3 TD's in the final 2 minutes.
    Colts went up by 2 scores but Weeden threw a long bomb to hit Massaquai in the corner.

Onside kick failed, Colts scored a TD and then Weedon throws another long bomb to Greg Little.

Score seems close but Colts were in the lead most of the game and deserving winners.

Browns GM did what they always do and throw dumb picks when a more conservative game strategy could have won the game. :rolleyes:
    But never ever gave up and 3 TD's in the 4th quarter showed some promise in the passing game.
    Weeden is brutal at medium passes but is ace for the long bombs

Colts leaned more heavily to the pass then run and it paid off.
    Crabtree, Collie, Fleener and others is a strong corp and it's hard to cover all of them.
    Colts Oline looked good, Luck was sacked just twice and he also had an excellent 21yd rush. He's damn quick

Well played Colts.
    I'll not say it was a classic full of high quality play but it was a shootout and exciting

Browns GM heads to the practice field as they don't know:
    • How to win onside kicks
    • How the throw the ball away. I'm serious, don't know what the button is!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

OH I think the game could've went either way Mike, i do what i always do, get a decent lead and panic, dont know whether to stick to the pass or run, then because of my indecision Luck starts throwing interceptions, Yeah them passes to massaquoi and little were something else, dont know where my defence were for them cos they were wide open, Colts have alot of work to do and i'm not very confident of getting a result in the next 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

mikemac1 wrote: »

Browns GM heads to the practice field as they don't know:
    • How to win onside kicks
    • How the throw the ball away. I'm serious, don't know what the button is!
    Can't help you with the onside kicks, but to throw it away you push the right stick inwards. It was called R3 on the ps2 don't know what it is called on the xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Steelers 24-30 Jaguars.

The steelers and the Jags put together 2 and a half quarters of almost flawless football. Well calculated drives, only 1 turnover (a pick by the Jags right before half time) and 2 QB's on a hot streak... TIM TEBOW WAS 11/11 FOR 200+ AND A TD and with the score at 20-10 Jags with the Steelers in Jags territory...

ehimg254.jpg?w=480

A de-sync.

Absolutely no reason as our connections were both fine. Myself and etloveslsd were both gutted to see this happen, as we were having a truly great game, by far the most enjoyable I have had this year, and we were both happy with our player stats etc.

As neither of us had this happen to us before, we went about setting the scores back up and continueing. IT. TOOK. AGES. :pac:

We eventually did get to around the same point, and the Steelers very nearly won it due some stupidity on my part, as I tried for a TD to kill the game but Todd Heap dropped it (which never would have happened if it didnt de-sync, just sayin) in the end zone and I gave Big Ben a whole minute to win it. A very solid drive by et saw a 30 yard jump ball fall incomplete as time expired and the Jags breathed a collective sigh of relief.

Great game etloveslsd. And cheers for the chat, that re-staging of the game would have been bloody unbearable were it not for the banter over the mic. Good luck with the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 31-21 Eagles

Another Redskins-Eagles game, another game of neither team punting more than once! :pac:

This game was just like the first we played, it was a case of great offense and defenses being cut open. The Eagles had built up a 21-17 lead and with 8 minutes to go in the fourth quarter, they had the ball on their own 30 yard line. A huge 3rd and 14 play say Asa Jackson pick off Vick as Jackson went on an out route, giving the Redskins the chance they needed for the game. The ball was moved down the field until Garcon finally got into the endzone to make it 24-21. The Redskins then forced their first punt of the game, getting the ball back to Griffin, who found Pitta in the endzone with 1:50 left to seal the game.

Thanks a lot for the game Ian, could have gone either way again. Gonna be a lot tighter in the East this year!!

Stats:

Griffin: 18/21 289 yards 4 TDs 0 INTs
    Vick: 11/18 177 yards 1 TD 2 INTs

Helu: 12 attempts for 58 yards
    Eagles Back 3: 16 attempts for 74 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

after 4 disconnections and 3 tantrums, the raiders held the bills to 34-0 victory. Mcfadden ran so hard he forgot the ball sometimes and caused two fumbles.

Safe hands of Clayton saved some shady 3rd downs

Defense got 1 pick six and one fumble recovery touchdown

On to next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I got destroyed..

I got a TD in the 4th to make it look at least respectable :(

Think it was Giants 34 - 7 Dolphins

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bengals take a trip to the smack talking Titans! Titans win the toss and kick.
    Titans hit the QB twice and after each time it looks like we'll disconnect but EA holds it together... Bengals punt.
    Titans punt but a very odd occurance happen

Babineaux picks it off. but then probably the oddest int ive seen in a long time occurs, Bengals then make steady progress to the 5 yard line and they get a TD, Titans punt, Bengals punt... titans punt, its muffed.. Titans offer to punt it back after recovering.. Bengals decline and it benefits them hugely as Locker throws a pick 6 on the next play in the redzone, Titans punt with a minute left, McCourty picks off a pass but Titans cant do anything.

HT and Bengals are up by 14. Titans move it but then throw a pick, Bengals punt, Titans punt, But then the Bengals throw an int.

Titans move it and then hit Cook for a TD.

14-7 with 3 inthe 3rd left, Bengals punt, C2J takes a counter for a TD.. Witherspoon then picks off a pass at the end of the 3rd.

C2J gets hammered!!! an injury! but its to the tackler! (broken ribs!)
    Johnson gets a TD. Titans up by 7 with 5 mins left, Titans go blitz heavy.. Bengals have it on 3rd and 2 and the 22 and they punt.

But.. Titans fumble on the next play! Titans blow coverage and its TD Bengals! with 2:41 left. Titans get it past midfield... Titans are in FG range.
    Johnson goes down(abdominal tear:mad:)... but Titans are on the 13.., run the clock and kick a FG

Some Stats:

Titans with 338 yards of offense, 89 rushing
    Bengals with 172 yards of offense, 30 rushing

Lockers rating is 50, 19 from 35, 249 yards, 1 Td but 3 ints
    Dalton is 62,14 from 25, 162 yards, 2 TDs but 4 ints.

C2J gets 2 TDs from 85 yards

Cookie gets 1 TD from 7 catches and Haynes gets 2 TDs from 6.

Clements gets 2 ints (1 a pick 6) and a FF. McCourty, Babineaux, Witherspoon, Howard all get an int

Johnson is out for 3 weeks :(:(

End of my season i imagine!

Good chatting Neko and very unlucky a game that could have went either way right til the end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Carroller wrote: »
    I got destroyed..

You'll only get better man!!

Playing week in week out here you'll pick up on things.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Carroller wrote: »
    I got destroyed..

Your first online game (and indeed few games) are generally a re-balancing of your view on how good you are.

Do not get disheartened everyone has the same pain to go through!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

SantryRed wrote: »

You'll only get better man!!

Playing week in week out here you'll pick up on things.
    I'm still waiting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

One discussion point on the Friday beer night out was the improvement of the Broncos. They gave Kansas a stern test in this one despite the breaks going the Chiefs way. It was a tight 1st half but Chiefs caught the couple of lucky breaks. Typical was the half end when Denver was trying to run the clock and fumbled. With no timeouts left the Ryan Succop incredibly hit a 58 yard FG. In fact Denver got the only score of the second half, a Willis McGahee TD run.

Of great concern to the victors was the performance of rookie QB Jason Merrian who threw some odd passes, 3 interceptions including one very horrible wobbly pass ( the other two can be placed on the head of the coach's play calling ).

Good chatting Perrin, you should make the playoffs if you continue at the level you are playing. It's getting tougher every time we play, one of these days you will get the breaks in a game !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

GG Berty,enjoyed it once again
    1Q.
    Broncos kickoff and and the third play chiefs were 3rd and 16.A combination of a good throw and catch along with a quite conservative bronco's playcall ended with a first down for the Chiefs.A few plays later Chiefs were in with a cetain pass play(won't say what though) broncos struggled to deal with all game. 7-0
    Chiefs hold Bronco's to a quick 3 and out.Chiefs get a few plays until Bailey picks off a pass.Ball back to Bronco's,2 sacks later Broncos punt it back.
    1st quarter ends ball with Chiefs.
    2Q
    Chiefs march up to 1st and goal,Broncos hold them to a field goal although on their 3rd attempt Chiefs probably should have scored but the rookie WR dropped it in the endzone 10-0
    Broncos convert 1 or 2 plays but then throw one of those ridiculously stupid pass's that you is gonna get picked but you throw it anyway.It was PA pass,D Thomas is on a in route being covered by 2 players but I go ahead and throw it anyway,just awful.
    But 1 or 2 plays later Chiefs throw their own INT and Broncos get it back.It doesn't go so well and after a sack they punt it back.
    Chiefs move it down the field and with 30 seconds left in the quarter there about 20 yards out.Chiefs QB throws towards the end zone,its the rookie WR who dropped the earlier pass against ace CB Champ Bailey,both players go up in the end zone to claim and its the rookie WR Silver who comes down with the ball.A fantastic throw and catch(on my side once I saw the ball been throw towards Bailey I usered him straight and went for the intercept,if I went for the bat away I think I would and been ok)
    17-0
    Bronco's start from their 20 with the plan being just to run out the clock which was on about 20 seconds left.1st play,McGaghee fumbles(and it actually fumbled a good bit backwards but the chiefs dived on it).
    With 16 seconds and no timeouts Chiefs take the field goal.
    20-0
    Broncos start on their own 20 again with about 8 seconds left.Broncos intially come out in a run play intending to run down the clock and get the half over but at this stage I'm pretty frustrated with myself and a bit paranoid after my HB's drop in the last play and end up usering every1 on streaks(worst case scenerio I think it he intercepts but he's too far away to threaten me).Of course its picked off after an awful pass,he's runs it back buts he's still 58 yards away he'll surely not kick it I think.Kicker steps up and boots in over,no bother.
    Half time 23-0
    3Q
    Ball swaps back and forth here(few sacks for both teams),Broncos get a bit of a drive going but are stopped 4th and 1.Opt for 51 yard FG......drops just under the posts.
    Chiefs ball,after a few runs the QB throws an unusual pass,I think it must have been tipped at the line cause it kinda just went up in the air but it leads to a pick.Broncos end the quarter with the ball
    4Q
    Broncos run and pass it up the field ending with a run in for Mcaghee
    23-7
    Theirs 5 minutes left at this stage,Chiefs knock it down to 3 when the Bronoco's get a sack leaving it 2 and 17 and a possible chance for the Broncos but the Chiefs duely covert.
    Broncos cause a fumble in scrap time near the end of the game but it seems to be in Chiefs/Broncos the Chiefs recover it
    Full time Score 23-7
    Chiefs had 5 sacks(my o-line got abused),3 ints and 2td's with 3 FG's
    Broncos had 3 sacks,3 ints and 1 td
    Reasonably happy with how I played actually,did alrite in defence I think,offence I just made some awful calls in the first half,giving away 3 scores in thirty seconds is mad.
    Chiefs were dominant throughout though and deserved the win.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Detroit get their second win of the season over Tampa Bay. Final Score was 24-15.

Tampa got the ball to start, but could not move it. Detroit then moved it well into the red zone before a Sceffler fumble gave the ball to Tampa.

The Buccs got on the board first with a FG but the Lions responded with a long Best TD run to make it 7-3.

Tampa threw a pick on the next 2 drives and Detroit converted those possesions into TD's to take a 21-3 lead, the Buccs added another FG brefore HT.

In the second half Detroit and Tampa both added another FG to make it 24-9.

In the 4th quarter the Buccs went hurry up and it paid off with a long TD drive. They go for 2 but are denied and still trail by 9. As detroit get the ball back with over 5 mins remaining Tampa elect to use their timeouts. Detroit get a few conversions and eventually give the ball back to tampa with little enough time remaining. The Buccs throw a pick and the game is pretty much over.

Good game GUFC. Surprised you went for 2 when you did as an extra point would have kept the pressure on with plenty of time remaining and mad it a one score game. Also not sure about using your time outs so early, but thanks for the gamme and best of luck for the rest of the season.

If you cut down on the INT's you have a great chance of winning a fair few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya man gg. The two first half picks were killer cause they gave ya the short field to work with. Duno why I went for the two points and sorry didn't realise the Mic was muted. Took my to's so early to stop the clock run off. With only 8 min quarter and me needing the ball twice I needed to get the score early or you would have chewed up the clock running it. couldn't get anything goin on d, best ran for 120+ yards.

After what I thought was a decent off season this team is significantly worse than. Last season. Clark retiring really left a hole in my o. Already focusing on next year now. Need to develop players big time

Advertisement