Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying laminate flooring - Where to source for best quality + price?

Options
  • 10-02-2013 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Who has the best quality for the price?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

uberalles wrote: »
    Who has the best quality for the price?

Thanks

Did you try brooks? they do a commercial laminate for about 13€ per sq metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sterling10

I was looking at Quick-Step laminate. Good stuff was about €14 per sq metre. anyone have this installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Johny 8 wrote: »
    Did you try brooks? they do a commercial laminate for about 13€ per sq metre.

Commercial laminate sounds good to me.
    Will have a look.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

there is something about laminate and the words best quality that simply dont really match.....

brooks, heiton buckleys etc will have a decent range and prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

Barefoot in clondalkin has good laminate flooring. With decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

kkelliher wrote: »
    there is something about laminate and the words best quality that simply dont really match.....

brooks, heiton buckleys etc will have a decent range and prices.

Why do you think Laminate is rubbish?

Is Laminate / floor boards a bad idea for up stair in bedrooms? Is it really that cold if there is no under floor heating ?

uberalles wrote: »
    Why do you think Laminate is rubbish?

Is Laminate / floor boards a bad idea for up stair in bedrooms? Is it really that cold if there is no under floor heating ?

Dont think I said it was rubbish, but i would personally not regard it as a high quality material.

It is a high impact flooring and takes alot of abuse that more expensive floors cant take but it is generally a faily cold and dull material. It also has a high sound impact quality and you would need to sound insulate in order to stop the sound travelling below. If under an underfloor heating system it should be fine but its not my own preference for a bedroom where a carpet or solid floor would be a better standard.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

kkelliher wrote: »

Dont think I said it was rubbish, but i would personally not regard it as a high quality material.

It is a high impact flooring and takes alot of abuse that more expensive floors cant take but it is generally a faily cold and dull material. It also has a high sound impact quality and you would need to sound insulate in order to stop the sound travelling below. If under an underfloor heating system it should be fine but its not my own preference for a bedroom where a carpet or solid floor would be a better standard.
    K
    What would you allow for FSC hardwood t&g flooring 'reasonable' quality - supply & fit
    Thanks

I recently had a solid white oak prefinished floor 120mm wide plank supplied to a project for €30.95/m2. The actual cost of the chosen material can go up or down depending on quality. You can get some nice solid engineered white oak for about €35 and semi solid white oak for about €20 but again the prices varied depening on grain and colour.

Fitting again varies but I recently had it done for €18/m2 which included the labour on skirtings.

You also need to take account of underlay which will depend on what your laying on ie, plywood, soundproofing, etc etc

Advertisement