Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBook deals!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I agree. This is dangerous. I'm already out a solid £20.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

All of Joe Abercrombie's books have been added to the Kindle sale. He's not for everyone but if you like ASOIAF chances are you will like these also.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

All of Joe Abercrombie's books have been added to the Kindle sale. He's not for everyone but if you like ASOIAF chances are you will like these also.

I'm not seeing them in ixoy's sale link. Is there a second listing somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

L wrote: »
    I'm not seeing them in ixoy's sale link. Is there a second listing somewhere?

I assumed they were part of the sale. Maybe not.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Joe+Abercrombie+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The Tiger and the Wolf is £1.29 on Amazon at the moment, haven't finished the Apt series yet so probably shouldn't have picked it up but couldn't say no at that price.
    The Tiger and the Wolf (Echoes of the Fall Book 1) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018SIYVAU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_BNLAybBRGKBVS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

mcgovern wrote: »
    The Tiger and the Wolf is £1.29 on Amazon at the moment, haven't finished the Apt series yet so probably shouldn't have picked it up but couldn't say no at that price.
    The Tiger and the Wolf (Echoes of the Fall Book 1) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018SIYVAU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_BNLAybBRGKBVS
    Excellent - thanks. Big fan of the Apt series and his 'Children of Time' solo novel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Kindle edition of Michael Carroll's Razorjack on Amazon for £0.99. Highly entertaining and great to see an Irish author* on the shelves.

(* author, friend, and ex-flatmate to be slightly more precise)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

smacl wrote: »
    Kindle edition of Michael Carroll's Razorjack on Amazon for £0.99. Highly entertaining and great to see an Irish author* on the shelves.

(* author, friend, and ex-flatmate to be slightly more precise)

You couldn't meet a nicer guy either. I hadn't seen him for about 15-20 years and it was like I'd only chatted to him the day before. Thanks for the pointer on the kindle editions.

Max Gladstone's Craft sequence is on offer, including the first five books, in a single eBook volume, for just £6.71. That's 1800 pages.
    I read and greatly enjoyed the first two books so it's a bargain in my opinion.

ixoy wrote: »
    Max Gladstone's Craft sequence is on offer, including the first five books, in a single eBook volume, for just £6.71. That's 1800 pages.

I read the first book and found it enjoyable. Thanks for this, that will give me something to delve into soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭dubred

Thanks, looks interesting, just bought it.

The Horus Heresey series is in a Humble Bundle. For $1 you can get the first 5 books, $8 gets you the first 10 and $15 gets you the first 15. Plus there's some other things thrown in such as audios, graphic novels, etc.

I've never read any of the series but I'm tempted by this.

The Horus Heresey series is in a Humble Bundle. For $1 you can get the first 5 books, $8 gets you the first 10 and $15 gets you the first 15. Plus there's some other things thrown in such as audios, graphic novels, etc.

I've never read any of the series but I'm tempted by this.

Thanks ixoy, I might go back to the rest of the books in this series finally.

This series is very variable in the quality of the books though. I read the first 7 or so of them. Of those the only one that stands out is Dan Abnetts Legion. He is usually worth a read for any of his stuff for W40k. I particularly liked the Gaunts Ghosts series which isn't in the bundle sadly but its well worth a look. Not the usual space marines, its the grunts of the Imperial Guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Current Humble Book Bundle is a collection of Brandon Sanderson stuff including books, audio-books and adventure games.

Current Humble Book Bundle is a collection of Brandon Sanderson stuff including books, audio-books and adventure games.

Pile of region locks though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

That's a bit crap, they were all available for me when I looked.

Grace of Kings by Ken Liu is 99p today.

Amazon's monthly deals have a few good deals here. Some of these are later novels in a series such as 'War Factory' (which I paid full price for just a few weeks ago but it was excellent!), 'Wrath' the final book in John Gwynne's tetralogy and China Mieveille's excellent 'The City and the City'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Humble bundle have a sci-fi deal on at the moment, may be of interest to some. Some interesting looking books in there, may just give it a punt myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Hamilton's Nighsdawn series on deal of the day, Kindle UK/US.
    Link.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,292 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Manach wrote: »
    Hamilton's Nighsdawn series on deal of the day, Kindle UK/US.
    Link.

Three of his trilogies are on offer I think.

Night's Dawn, Commonwealth Saga and Void Trilogy

Heinlein's Starship Troopers is 90p on Amazon.co.uk as well.

The first two graphic novel adaptations of George R.R Martin's Dunc and Egg series - The Hedge Knight and The Sworn Sword are 99p currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

American Gods by Neil Gaiman is only €2.36 at the moment.

Also some good deals on Amazon UK at the moment.
    Stories of your Life and Others is one I'd definitely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mcgovern wrote: »
    Also some good deals on Amazon UK at the moment.
    Stories of your Life and Others is one I'd definitely recommend.

Nabbed Red Sister there, great price and I really like Lawrence's style of writing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,292 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is that Naomi Novik book any good? I read the first Temeraire and liked it but never got around to the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is that Naomi Novik book any good? I read the first Temeraire and liked it but never got around to the rest.

I read it in work and thought it was very good and my colleague did as well. Anyone I recommended it to, has also enjoyed it.
    The first few chapters are deceiving in that it looks like it might be a love story more so than anything else but it's not.
    If you like folklore and fairytales of the brothers grimm kind, you'll like this.

That's good enough for me!

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's good enough for me!

I found it a bit lacking in depth. It could really have been cut down to a standard fairy tale size of a couple of page I thought. But I seem to be in the minority, most people love it!

Advertisement