Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBook deals!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

sweetie wrote: »
    Any idea how I can buy this, it's telling me im not UK customer. My default address is in N.I.
    Ask them on Amazon chat is probably the easiest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

wyrn wrote:
    Ask them on Amazon chat is probably the easiest.

Thanks

sweetie wrote: »
    Thanks
    Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'm guessing you set your account to the US store. You can change it over to UK. You can also buy it off the US site. £3.99 vs $4.56

I did thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'The Slow Regard of Silent Things' by Patrick Rothfuss - a Kingkiller Chronicles novella - is £0.99 today only.

I know it's not sci-fi or fantasy but I just saw this deal on a book that's been made into a new series with Patrick Dempsey - The Truth About Harry Quebert Affair

US Amazon - $2.31

UK Amazon - £1.99

I see Wolfsong by TJ Klune is also on offer. Highly recommend this book - it has all the feels. Now it is a shifter book and I was so not into that but I read it because I love the author. But it's worth it. It's not a Twilight kind of book. It's all about family and community and not belonging. It about how certain words and expressions can affect you into adulthood. It's also an m/m romance but it's not about that. It's about acceptance and finding a new family and forging friendships.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Uprooted is back on sale on Amazon.co.uk for £1.19. It's really quite good, so worth snagging at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

A few other good deals at the moment too:
    The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch (book 6 in Peter Grant series) - 99p
    Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky - £1.19
    Half the World by Joe Ambercrombie (book 2 in Shattered Sea series) - £1.99
    The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin (book 3 in the Passage series) - 99p (the rest of the series seems to be 99p too)

• Advertisement

kindle unlimited for 1.99 for 3 months on amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

re 3 months Kindle at reduced price, I got an email about it from Amazon this morning but when I clicked on the link I got a page saying not available in your area?

banjobongo wrote: »
    re 3 months Kindle at reduced price, I got an email about it from Amazon this morning but when I clicked on the link I got a page saying not available in your area?

think you have to have your account assigned as UK? Try customer service.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Fantasy:
    Kings of the Wyld down to 99c for today.
    Also the latest Raymond E. Feist (King of Ashes) is down to a reasonable price of $6/£5.

'The Grey Bastards' by Jonathan French is £0.88 today. I've heard good things so I picked it up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

ixoy wrote: »
    'The Grey Bastards' by Jonathan French is £0.88 today. I've heard good things so I picked it up.
    Don't read the "What are you reading thread" then as I've posted some comments on it there and what I found lacking in it :P

Nody wrote: »
    Don't read the "What are you reading thread" then as I've posted some comments on it there and what I found lacking in it :P
    I read it after buying - hah!

The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang is 99p, haven't read it yet myself but it has won quite a few awards.
    Edit: seems to have gone to £1.99 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The entire Terry Goodkind 'Sword of Truth' series is on sale on Kindle today for 99p each.

The Golem and the Djinni is on sale for £1.49. It's pretty good so definitely worth nabbing at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

L wrote: »
    The Golem and the Djinni is on sale for £1.49. It's pretty good so definitely worth nabbing at that price.

Read it a couple of years back and enjoyed it a lot albeit quite slow moving from memory.

Some decent books in Amazon's 12 Days of Kindle sale

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Got a cheap read from that Amazon pile called "Terms of Enlistment". Read half of it yesterday - very easy read - like a lite version of Starship Troopers or Old Man's War. Cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ixoy wrote: »
    Some decent books in Amazon's 12 Days of Kindle sale

Any recommendations? Not familiar with too many of the authors

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Dogs of War Picked this up myself this sale on the strength of the author's reputation.
    The Wandering Earth Picked this up myself this sale on the strength of the author's reputation.
    Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell This one's a modern classic of fantasy if you haven't read it.
    The Golem and the Djinni I bought it when it was discounted in the Amazon monthly a bit back and it was surprisingly good.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I've bought a few in the sale but only going to recommend the ones I've actually read previously:

'Dogs of War' - I'll second this recommendation. I read it earlier this year and really enjoyed it. Tchaikovsky's great at giving the animal mind's point of view.

'Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell' - A very English type of tale (and adapted by the BBC). It's not stunning IMO but it's a fairly easy read and quite accessible.

Promise of Blood - Flintlock fantasy, using gunpowder as a source of magic. Very much in the vein of Sanderson (the author is a sort of protegée of Sanderson) so if you like Brandon then you'll probably enjoy this. Flows well and the trilogy ended nicely. There's a new trilogy currently in progress as well as bunch of novellas so the series/world will have legs.

Half a War - Okay, this is book 3 of a series but worth noting that, if you're a Joe Abercrombie fan, then this series is not nearly as good as his First Law world. It started out well but went downhill IMO. More a word of warning.

Daughter of Eden - Another "fair warning". The 3rd book in the Dark Eden series. The first book is the best and I'd stop there before bothering to buy the second or this, the cheap third installment.

Autonomous by Annalee Newitz is currently $1.14 but on the US version only. It was down on the UK site but sadly it went up overnight.

wyrn wrote:
    is currently $1.14 but on the US version only. It was down on the UK site but sadly it went up overnight.

99c on play store, cheers

It looks like most, if not all, the SF Masterworks books are down to £1.99 at the moment on Amazon UK.

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    It looks like most, if not all, the SF Masterworks books are down to £1.99 at the moment on Amazon UK.

At a glance, it's only a dozen or so as far as I can see. Looks like they put another tranche at 2.99 as well. Worth a look but not quite as awesome.

Advertisement