Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Pubs/Clubs Melbourne?

Options
  • 10-02-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Whats everyone's favourite spot for a beer around Melbourne? I tend to go to the same places alot, as lots of places are hidden down some lane.

So far i've liked Ponyfish Island, Section 8 in the CBD.

The provincial & Napier Hotel in Fitzroy.

Bar 9T4, Corner Hotel & Richmond hotel in Richmond.

Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Whats everyone's favourite spot for a beer around Melbourne? I tend to go to the same places alot, as lots of places are hidden down some lane.

So far i've liked Ponyfish Island, Section 8 in the CBD.

The provincial & Napier Hotel in Fitzroy.

Bar 9T4, Corner Hotel & Richmond hotel in Richmond.

Any others?

We usually hit the 'hidden' cocktail bars when we go boozin' in the city. Murmur probably being our favourite. They do savage food as well as they are above Portello Rosso (as good as Movida IMO)

The Croft Institute is good for a drink as well. Bartenders really know their stuff. The whole mental hospital theme is brilliant as well.

Cabinet Bar, just off Little Collins is a good spot as well. They do cheap drinks on Monday so its a popular one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

Elephant and Wheelbarrow in St Kilda is a bit of a hidden gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Elephant and Wheelbarrow in St Kilda is a bit of a hidden gem.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or deluded

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

I think the croft is only but a gimmic.

Favourite bars to go and have a night out in the CBD would be either Section 8 or the workshop much the same style bars laid back no formal attire. i would generally start a night off in thounsand pound bend. Mostly i have a pint in the drunken poet if im in the area or walking home to parkville.

As for a cocktail bar in the CBD i would go to ed de vie.

Fitzroy i would stick to black cat mr.wows or bar open or recently the peoples market but its closed now. If i was eating i wouild go to naked in the sky.
    the gasometer is good for bands.

Brunswick i always end up in the cornish as my mate lives next door. The next place across the road is quiet good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Carlton Club on Bourke Street is a good spot. Its not hidden but its a classy bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I like the Mitre for after work drinks. Pints are average but it has got a nice relaxing feel to it after a days work!

The Wharf is a great pub during the better months, big outdoor area on the river and usually a spit bbq going Thursday & Fridays.

The Snug in Brunswick is a great little pub when you're looking for a real authentic bit of Irishness..... hardly swing a cat in there! But the food is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

+1 for the snug. Great food and because its small there is always a bit of atmosphere

Advertisement