Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have "All the Aires" for France, or "Bord Atlas" for Germany?

• 10-02-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Anyone have "All the Aires" for France, or "Bord Atlas" for Germany they're not using anymore? Fairly pricey for the 2 of them online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

kelbal wrote: »
    Anyone have "All the Aires" for France, or "Bord Atlas" for Germany they're not using anymore? Fairly pricey for the 2 of them online

But they pay for themselves after a couple of nights of not using a campsite ;) They are a very worthwhile investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

niloc1951 wrote: »
    But they pay for themselves after a couple of nights of not using a campsite ;) They are a very worthwhile investment.

yeah, you're right, possibly will get them online anyway - just thought I'd put it out there in case anyone had ones lying around gathering dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

You can purchase a version of these in both countries at Motorway garages. As a newbe I recommend you buy the All The Aires before you travel as you will definitely use, it is in English and will do for a few years even if new editions emerge. The german book is in germany and not laid out as well. If you are going to Germany it is always good to have directions to Stellenplatz (same as Aires).

Martin_D wrote: »
    I recommend you buy the All The Aires before you travel as you will definitely use, it is in English and will do for a few years even if new editions emerge.

Well used to touring France at this stage, including 6 weeks in MH last year, and already have one of the french versions - just looking for an 'ATA', any old edition rather than getting a new one with rip-off shipping charges. Ditto for the Bord Atlas for the Stellenplatz

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Sorry kinda assumed you were newish - didnt note the handle - have seen several of your previous posts. Yeah no harm in asking but
    i'd say most of us hold on to our copies.

• Advertisement

Martin_D wrote: »
    Sorry kinda assumed you were newish - didnt note the handle - have seen several of your previous posts. Yeah no harm in asking but
    i'd say most of us hold on to our copies.

yeah I'd imagine so alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Latest edition of ATA has a much larger number of Aires listed than the earlier ones - (up to 1600 if I remember correctly) well worth the money IMHO. Ours has paid for itself many times over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Have you seen this site.http://en.airecampingcar.com/

defike wrote: »
    Have you seen this site.http://en.airecampingcar.com/

seems like a good sight alright. Dont fancy the roaming charges to check it when driving abroad though!
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

This French site Camping-car Infos does a USB memory stick with Aires for all of Europe on it for €15.00 plus €1.50 postage or you can download the info for €8.00 to your machine or your own USB stick.
    I got it a few years ago and it works very well.

With it you don't need an internet connection, however if you do open it and you do have a connection a lot of the content in French will auto translate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

French Breathalyzer law (the farce ends)
    24. Jan 2013. French interior minister Manuel Valls has announced that application of the controversial new breathalyzer law has been postponed sine die - i.e. indefinitely.
    Supposedly it bacame obligatory, from last summer, for all vehicles (including motorbikes) driving in France to carry a breathalyzer or alcohol-level test. The law came into force on 1st July 2012. But no-one in authority had bothered to enquire whether the manufacturers of such kits could actually produce them in time. They could not! Consequently, though the law is there, the introduction of on the spot fines for not having a breathalyzer in the car was delayed until Nov. 1st. then it was postponed until March 1st 2013. Now the issue has been quietly swept under the carpet. !
    Single-use certified breathalyzers are now becoming available in supermarkets, chemists and garages throughout France, at a cost of about 1 €uro each. So the cost is minimal.
    Contrary to information posted on some sites, the new law (Decree no 2012-284) does not oblige drivers to self-test after having a drink. But those who plan to self-test to be on the safe side should have at least two breathalyzers in the car, if not more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm French living here in Ireland, but family are still in France, and according to my bil (a mechanic) even last year during the summer, they knew it was never going to be sanctioned/applied, and a lot of French people didn't even bother trying to get one. There were serious talks of corruption apparently when it emerged that Sarkozy had pushed this to come into law because he had a connection/vested interest in the producers of said ethylotests.

Advertisement