Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Russell walking on motorway

• 10-02-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭

There is a small Jack Russell walking on the motorway by the Main Toll Plaza in Coonagh if anybody is missing him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yvostik

where exactly is COONAGH what colour is it please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

yvostik wrote: »
    where exactly is COONAGH what colour is it please

Coonagh is across shannon bridge, past clonmacken roundabout and coonagh roundabout is after that.

White, brown head.

He's near Main Toll Plaza in coonagh, by big green gate

Think this is no for Toll Plaza 061 - 582800

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think I saw the same dog on Friday evening, running around the Clonmacken Roundabout in the middle of rush-hour traffic. The little thing didn't seem to know what was going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I think I saw the same dog on Friday evening, running around the Clonmacken Roundabout in the middle of rush-hour traffic. The little thing didn't seem to know what was going on.

He was sitting in the grass curled in a ball when I saw him, could be injured.

I called limerick animal welfare but they won't send anyone out, clare animal welfare and the dog warder didn't answer the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Jesus, could no one stop and pick up the little fella?

I've picked up lots of strays in situations like this and 9/10 have been returned to their owners

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Go to the Limerick Animal welfare facebook page and post the info. I've seen people do similar in the past and kind people will go and help. I don't drive or I'd do it myself. The dog might be from the halting site, if so maybe thats why LAW are reluctant.Dog warden doesn't work Sundays so you wont' get anyone there til morning at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

He was sitting in the grass curled in a ball when I saw him, could be injured.

I called limerick animal welfare but they won't send anyone out, clare animal welfare and the dog warder didn't answer the phone.
    it's not in Clare so they won't help you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rascail

Limerick animal welfare have someone who has spoken to toll officials and is going now to check for this dog

our supporter/volunteer has been unable to catch this dog,
    he bolted onto motorway i had strict instructions not to go onto the rd so he was heading for tunnel i.phoned the guards and they joined me but a guy said he went up a slip rd along the bank he could be anywhere .He seems clever enough to stay along the wall unless frightened but at least hes off the motorway . Small well fed dog quite agressive but only through fear and is limping not seriously injured i haveleft my no with tunnel control nothing else i can do - possibility it belongs to a farmer there, a very similar sounding dog was picked up in same area a few months ago. we will continue to try find the dog and owners etc

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ollie182

That's really sad! I hope the doggie is okay. Fair play to ya for stickin it out for her rascail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There is a black white jack Russell in the middle of the southbound lane of the n18 just before the Radisson exit. He's dead.

At 1:14pm

Probably same dog, what are the chances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

R.I.P

He's in the middle of the road outside Kinehans house in Cratloemoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

Poor dog, Rest In Peace, hate seeing dogs out on their own.

Advertisement