Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiing in Victoria

Options
  • 10-02-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Anyone been to ski in any of the resorts in Victoria?

What's the snow like toward the end of the season thinking of goin for 3/4 days mid September? Or would it be better to go start or the season, when's good or is it unpredictable?

Any resort recommendations? I was thinking mount Hotham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Went to Falls Creek a few years ago. It is very expensive! Skiing was fine, a lot less runs than European resorts I've been too. Plus a few of their blacks were just reds. I think they had no blue runs so some of the blues were labelled red and some reds then called blacks.

Not a lot of après ski, didn't seem to be that many restaurants and bars. Seemed like a lot of people stayed in chalets.

Really liked their ski school system though. You got vouchers for 4,7 classes depending on your holiday length. Then you could use whenever it suited say 2 classes a day or choose am or pm whichever suited you on a particular day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lilywhite9

I wouldn't go in September if you have an option to go earlier...snow will have started to melt! Although last season was good, it's very unpredictable.
    August would be your best bet. Falls Creek is good for Beginners/Intermediate and Hotham for more Intermediate/Advanced.

Advertisement