Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What OS do you use on your main Desktop/Laptop/Netbook computer?

• 10-02-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭

Hi.

What operating system do you use on your main Desktop/Laptop/Netbook computer? If you dual/triple boot then select the OS you use most often.

I use Linux Mint 13 Xfce.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

What OS do you use on your main Desktop/Laptop/Netbook computer? 40 votes

AmigaOS
    0% 0 votes
    BSD
    0% 0 votes
    GNU/Linux aka Linux
    0% 0 votes
    Mac OS
    15% 6 votes
    Solaris
    17% 7 votes
    Windows
    0% 0 votes
    Other - please comment
    67% 27 votes

Comments

OSX nothing better for daily :)

Then Vm's of Ubuntu, Backtrack, SIFT, Win 7 & 98

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Worztron

OSX nothing better for daily :)

Then Vm's of Ubuntu, Backtrack, SIFT, Win 7 & 98

What is SIFT?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

Debian 6.0.6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I've gone back to Windows 7 mainly at home until Steam on Linux gets more games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I use Windows 7 as my main desktop after downgrading from the awful 8, I had XP on another desktop and now have Vista on it, I've got every other Windows from 95 onwards on a virtual machine. I've tried Linux based O/S on the virtual machine and I just can't get my head around it, I'm so used to Windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Lubuntu for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Windows 7 on main PC, Lubuntu 12.10 on my laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Window 8 as I've a new laptop.

I really do not get the loathing for Win 8, ffs the desktop is the same as Win 7, if you dont like the mobile UI, dont open it! It's really that easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TripTrip

Windows 7 and Umbutu 12.10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I boot about 50/50 into either Windows 7, or Mint 14 on my main laptop.

I have another laptop connected to my TV, on which I use Mint 14 all the time, apart from when I want to watch SkyGo, it runs on Silverlight, so I use XP for that.

I'm getting a bedroom/office built, and the Desktop in there will be Mint 14 exclusively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Mac OS on my main machine - 27" iMac. I also have a Windows 7 Dell Studio Laptop and a Core 2 Quad running Ubuntu 12.10 Server and Desktop on Dual Boot :)

Ken

Advertisement