Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton electric shower

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

hoppway wrote: »
    Hi. I'm about to replace the T90xr with the T90z. I've turned off the cold water to the bathrooms, as I don't have individual isolating switches on all appliances. When I go open the inlet valve, there's still a lot of pressure inside. I presume there's only a small amount of water in there anyway? Thanks.
    STOP!!!!!
    The supply for the shower will be fed directly from your attic tank. There should be a valve in the attic. Make sure your electrics are off at fuse board

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hoppway

I can't see that valve. I presume turning off the mains and draining all taps will do the job?

I can't see that valve. I presume turning off the mains and draining all taps will do the job?

Yes when the large tank in the attic is empty you should be safe. Be prepared for airlocks when refilling though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Just drain using the cold tap on the bath, which might minimise air locks, rather than using the hot taps as well.

Thanks. What do you do about airlocks?

• Advertisement

Won't turning off the isolating valve in the hot press be enough? Thanks.

Thanks. What do you do about airlocks anyway?

Thanks. What do you do about airlocks anyway?

Have you got an airlock on the hot or cold?

Hi again. I think I've found the valve, if it's a right-angle Comap in the attic. It's locked to the left, and I can't turn it right either. I presume gentle force won't do any harm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

STOP !!! it might start leaking if you force it

Get a wine bottle cork, pull up your sleeve, block the hole in the tank (where the valve is connected ) from the inside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gctest50 wrote: »

Get a wine bottle cork, pull up your sleeve, block the hole in the tank (where the valve is connected ) from the inside
    Unless its a 3/4 pipe and the wine cork goes straight down the pipe

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Unless its a 3/4 pipe and the wine cork goes straight down the pipe

And then there'll be more than airlocks to worry about!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

gctest50 wrote: »
    Sounds more like they are afraid to apply any pressure at all. Just turn the thing.

Used to do that on the odd one that had no valve. Not with corks though.

Or if was a qualpex pipe, sometimes cut it with cutter, and immediately lift above tank top level, and fit valve.

There's a rubber plug that can be bought and it fits both 1/2 and 3/4 tank fittings. It's very handy

Thanks.

Yeah.

Good to know, thanks.

Advertisement