Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying new external hard drive?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I got the toshiba during the sales no problems so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Elements = USB 2.0 = No No

The 4 TB My Book costs only 22 yoyos more at Komplett. The cheapest USB 3.0 3TB drive is selling for €138 at Komplett. You'll probably find even better offers on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Torqay wrote: »
    Elements = USB 2.0 = No No

The 4 TB My Book costs only 22 yoyos more at Komplett. The cheapest USB 3.0 3TB drive is selling for €138 at Komplett. You'll probably find even better offers on Amazon.

so that would remove the middle link, i see they have the 3tb WD one for 30€ cheaper, how long did it take for delivery?

Hococop wrote: »
    so that would remove the middle link, i see they have the 3tb WD one for 30€ cheaper, how long did it take for delivery?

When I order from Komplet, it usually takes 3-4 days. Delivery is FoC with An Post, dunno what they charge for express delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Torqay wrote: »
    When I order from Komplet, it usually takes 3-4 days. Delivery is FoC with An Post, dunno what they charge for express delivery.

not too bad just wonder how that 4td drive has been for you as far as speed reliability etc?

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    not too bad just wonder how that 4td drive has been for you as far as speed reliability etc?

Oh I don't have any 4 TB drives yet, just a variety of 2 TB drives (WD, Tosh and Verbatim). As a rule of thumb, I always buy them in pairs and keep 'em synced, even drives that get the greatest reviews can go kaputt and remember: your data = your responsibility. ;)

The only external drive to ever let me down, was a 320 GB Maxtor (ages ago) and it was replaced under warranty. I believe WD My Book drives are covered by a 5 yr warranty.

3TB Toshiba going for £89 on Amazon, it went out of stock very quickly on account of the good price so currently says it wont ship for 2-4 weeks. Very often they come back into stock and ship sooner.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B009HXWPV8

Advertisement